Page 194 of 217 FirstFirst ... 94144184189190191192193194195196197198199204 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    When i take a picture it does not save it or when i open the camera it takes a lot of time to open or it gets stuck at the shinning icon for hours. It's almost impossible to take a quick shot.

Have you tried turning off Geo Tag Photos?

M.
    No, i haven't and that's a great point because GPS always takes a lot of time to find a Satellite.

I'll try it and i'll let you know.

Thanks's for the Tip!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Have you tried turning off Geo Tag Photos?

M.
    Mine were off but still getting the slow camera and picture saving issues as previous poster mentioned.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    For what it's worth: I've been using my Sprint Franken Pre+ with a meta-doctore 2.1.0 for months now and I can say that the phone shuts off, for no apparent reason, fairly regularly.

Of course this is a serious problem for me and I plan to downgrade to 1.4.5 this weekend out of necessity. Just my $0.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    For what it's worth: I've been using my Sprint Franken Pre+ with a meta-doctore 2.1.0 for months now and I can say that the phone shuts off, for no apparent reason, fairly regularly.

Of course this is a serious problem for me and I plan to downgrade to 1.4.5 this weekend out of necessity. Just my $0.02.
    If you can reproduce it by shaking your Pre really hard or dropping it over a carpet, then it's your battery contacts that are flaky, not 2.1.0's fault, and you'll have the same problem in 1.4.5

Just my $0.02
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    So, quick question. How long does it usually take to get restart the phone after doctoring to 2.1.0? I just got a new pre (exchange) and im trying to upgrade from 1.4.5 but I cant get past the first use app. It either stays on the blue cloud screen at the end with the spinning circle, or restarts and stays on the glowing hp logo. I gave it a half hour before giving up and going back to 1.4.5
    Does the impending release of the Veer (running 2.1.2) on AT&T mean that we will be getting new, updated scripts for the meta-doctor?

-bc
  8.    #3868  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellobrian View Post
    Does the impending release of the Veer (running 2.1.2) on AT&T mean that we will be getting new, updated scripts for the meta-doctor?

-bc
    Unlikely - the Veer uses a different processor and therefore will have a different kernel and will definitely have different graphics driver binary kernel modules.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Yes, but shouldn't the AT&T / 2.1 combination become valid for paid app catalog access?
  10.    #3870  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Yes, but shouldn't the AT&T / 2.1 combination become valid for paid app catalog access?
    Ah, that is an interesting question.

The answer is "Not necessarily". Access is based on device type and carrier, and the Veer is a different device type, so HP/Palm can choose whether or not they enable 2.1 profile access for AT&T devices like they seem to have done for Sprint.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have just started experiencing phone call problems. I get a message that the phone is locked & i also cannot get internet access. its as if the phone radios are off. its says they are on both data & phone. Only a battery pull gets it back to working for 1 call only then its doing it again.

I tried to run both of the Doctors over & now I cant get 2.1 or 1.4.5 to boot up. I get a message:
    Phone Error

Your phone is experiencing an error
    that cannot be resolved.

Visit palm.com/support/ for help.

Icant take a screen shot because i cant get the phone past this screen. Ipushed the buttons to take a screen shot but cant get to USB mode to see if the pics in there.

After a couple battery pulls & endless loops i was able to force USB mode, here is the screenshot. Also posted screen shots of when i did get it to boot up, No radios working at all. These are 1.4.5. Didnt take any 2.1.0 screenshots.

I dont know where to get an error log to post one since its not giving any errors. I posted what i did get and the rest is just the radios not working. Both data and phone. only works after a reboot and then one text or one email or one call and thats it.

I cant even connect to WIFI i get ip configuration failed, also IP address stays at 0000. Posted a screen shot.

Trying to see if this is software or hardware related. Radios do come on after reboot but thats it. I even ran repair utility and it found no errors in 1-4-5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bodyshop; 05/07/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Mine were off but still getting the slow camera and picture saving issues as previous poster mentioned.
    Do you have the Muffle system logging patch? I think that patch has been known to cause camera saving pic issues. Might try that.
    I just got done Sprintifying a Pre Plus...then installing 2.1.0. It was a lot of fun pulling my hair out, lol!

2 problems that I've noticed is that My App catalog shows that it needs an update, but when i try and update it...it just shows that dreaded spinning circle.

The other is that i used the setting for auto install Preware from the Meta-Doctor and it just shows a grey circle and won't install.....I've tried uninstalling it, and re-installing...nothing. Any suggestions?

Update: It's working now....i ran the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.....not sure if that fixed it, but Preware is working now.
    Last edited by Hernie; 05/08/2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    2 problems that I've noticed is that My App catalog shows that it needs an update, but when i try and update it...it just shows that dreaded spinning circle.

The other is that i used the setting for auto install Preware from the Meta-Doctor and it just shows a grey circle and won't install.....I've tried uninstalling it, and re-installing...nothing. Any suggestions?
    When did you create your Doctor? What method? What Operating System?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    When did you create your Doctor? What method? What Operating System?

This Afternoon.....I used that Wubi Ubunto method. I created the 1.4.5 with the Sprint tokens, and then then used ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    This Afternoon.....I used that Wubi Ubunto method. I created the 1.4.5 with the Sprint tokens, and then then used ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    Ah, yes, sorry, I didn't read your original post completely. You should redo your doctor and disable the auto install for Preware, that one could give you problems.

I have been having the "stuck on luna boot" problem recently again. And I am using the verizon meta doctor that I built in linux on my pre plus. Yesterday I had to doctor twice because it happened to me back to back.

Hopefully I found the problem. My only question is if this could cause it. I've realized that every time this has happened, I restored all my backup data with save/restore. I just realized that there is backup data for uberkernal, that if im not mistaking, restored. If I dont have UberKernel on my phone and its a backup from when I had it on 1.4.5, would it cause my phone to not recognize the kernel info and get stuck on the luna boot?

I kind of tested a theory. When it happened yesterday, after redoctoring, I had nothing on my phone. No patches or kernels. Just installed preware and got some apps like internalz, save/restore, stuff like that. I did all my backup restores, including the uberkernel one. I decided to try something out and install a theme. Did the luna reboot when it prompted me to and wouldnt come back on. Doctored again and decided to install the same theme before I did all my restores. The theme installed and rebooted fine. So can this be the problem thats been haunting me or is it just a coincidence?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can someone put together a test script for ATT to see if the PrePlus will now allow for a 2.1 profile? I'd be glad to test. I last tried this in March with EdCates, unsuccessfully.
    I've finally come to grips with the fact that the upgrade process, as well documented and straightforward as it is, is beyond my skillset. Linux is not in my knowledge base.

Is there anyone in the Washington DC area doing upgrades as a service?

Edit: I have a Sprint Pre- and want to make the leap to 2.1
    Last edited by shopharim; 05/10/2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Ack! So frustrated by the 1.4.5 version restriction on AT&T! Love my Pre+. Love 2.1. Love a lot of 2.0+ only apps.

You'd think HP would be all about excepting money to fill their own coffers and keep developers fed.
    An analog guy stuck in a digital world.