Page 190 of 217 FirstFirst ... 90140180185186187188189190191192193194195200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #3781  
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    Hi NuttyBunny,

    I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "console". If you mean the window for the Doctor, yes, I can see everything. The "next" button is greyed out, as it's not recognising my Pre. In the Terminal window under the Doctor, I can see tons and tons of text and code. I don't know what it all means, but I can tell enough to understand that it is telling me that nothing is going wrong, and that things are installing properly and without error.

    I can't figure out how to run the Doctor in a Terminal window without it going through the Meta-Doctor process first. Can you give me directions on how to do that please? I'm still learning my way through Linux, but I'm computer literate.

    I *THINK* the Novacom installed, but I'm not positive. My Ubuntu does this weird thing every time I try to install anything from the Software Centre. Asks for Authentication. I put my password in, and then it just sits with the Authentication window up for 5-10 minutes, then the window disappears, but nothing ever happens that I can see. Puff's Novacom Drivers are for Windows or Mac, and Jason Robittaile's are for all platforms. I have Jason's package downloaded, but can't for the life of me figure out how to install them to the Ubuntu. I'll need directions to install Jason's Novacom.

    For what it's worth, I do have everything installed in my Windows, Novacom and all. I just have no idea how to do it all on Linux.

    Thanks for all the help. Gotta say that I'm liking Ubuntu so far. I'm planning on keeping it on my system, and getting more familiar with it. It may even replace Windows if it serves everything I need it to do.
    Ok, right now you have 2 options:
    Move the doctor file out from Ubuntu and into Windows (a usb stick maybe), and run it there, or install the novacom driver in Ubuntu and run it there.

    Since I see that you're liking Ubuntu, I'll tell you the secret way to install novacom inside Ubuntu... Download the Novacom Driver, it's in Palm's 2.1 SDK page, the direct link is this one (left click and choose to open with ubuntu's package manager, then install it). After that, open a terminal window (it's under accesories), and type:

    Code:
    ps ax | grep novacom
    you should see a line mentioning "novacomd", if you don't, restart your ubuntu machine for it to run at start.

    Code:
    cd meta-doctor/build
    ls
    you should see 2 or 3 directories, depending on the script you used, but look for the one that has your carrier name and 2.1 on it, then:
    Code:
    cd <directory>            <- omit the < and >
    ls
    you will see several directories and a .jar file, that's your meta doctor. Run it with

    Code:
    java -jar metadoctorfile-2.1.jar              <- change metadoctorfile-2.1.jar to the real filename
    Of course, there's no secret code here, the novacom drivers are available to download from Palm. You should see the "next" button light up when plugging your device.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2. #3782  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    I'm having problem with voice Dial just one week after installing 2.1.
    Today my phone when postal on me while i was listening to music via my bluetooth.It kept activating the voice Dial on it own what do i do?. I've look to disable the option but i cant see it. i did uninstall couple software but still happening ? should i reinstall 2.1 or unistall every software?

    tks
    Any possibility the real problem is your volume button. Holding volume up invokes Voice Dial and since you were listening to music when the problem occurred, perhaps you were using the volume button and it's got issues.

    Just a thought. Personally, I'm loving Voice Dial though I've noticed sometimes after cancelling it it won't work again until the phone is restarted.
  3. #3783  
    I apologize in advance if this has been addressed somewhere in here already, 194 pages is a lot of posts to go through and I can't even imagine where to begin searching for this.

    Pastebin

    I'm getting the above error after a few seconds of the script starting to work its magic (after downloading the necessary doctors).

    Relevant information: Running Xubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) i386 in VMware Workstation on my Win7x64 machine. Haven't installed novacom drivers since I'll be running the modified doctor from Windows once it finishes being made. The meta-doctor install is (seemingly) good, since I modified a 1.4.5 doctor yesterday without issue.

    The target phone is an AT&T Pre+ unlocked and running on the Bell network. I've also tried this on my Bell Pre- and had the same error in the same place (though it wrote 7168 bytes, and then 3072 bytes - I tried running it twice - out of 10240 as opposed to 1024 bytes out of 10240).

    Any help or suggestions would be largely appreciated.
  4. #3784  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre2689 View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been addressed somewhere in here already, 194 pages is a lot of posts to go through and I can't even imagine where to begin searching for this.

    Pastebin

    I'm getting the above error after a few seconds of the script starting to work its magic (after downloading the necessary doctors).

    Relevant information: Running Xubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) i386 in VMware Workstation on my Win7x64 machine. Haven't installed novacom drivers since I'll be running the modified doctor from Windows once it finishes being made. The meta-doctor install is (seemingly) good, since I modified a 1.4.5 doctor yesterday without issue.

    The target phone is an AT&T Pre+ unlocked and running on the Bell network. I've also tried this on my Bell Pre- and had the same error in the same place (though it wrote 7168 bytes, and then 3072 bytes - I tried running it twice - out of 10240 as opposed to 1024 bytes out of 10240).

    Any help or suggestions would be largely appreciated.
    You don't have enough space in your VM
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5. #3785  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You don't have enough space in your VM
    Derp. Thanks, I'll make it larger.
  6. #3786  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre2689 View Post
    Derp. Thanks, I'll make it larger.
    Sometimes emptying the trash is enough. Check that first.
  7. #3787  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre2689 View Post
    Derp. Thanks, I'll make it larger.
    I'd shoot for at least 4Gb, but 10Gb just to be sure. If you use a growing partition type in your VM you'll only use as much space as you're using in reality on your host machine (it won't use the 10Gb, it will grow accordingly)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  8. #3788  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, right now you have 2 options:
    Move the doctor file out from Ubuntu and into Windows (a usb stick maybe), and run it there, or install the novacom driver in Ubuntu and run it there.
    How do I do this? I know how to move files on Windows, but I've got no idea how to even find files in Linux. Sorry if this is a mess of newbie questions, and thanks for your patience and help!

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Since I see that you're liking Ubuntu, I'll tell you the secret way to install novacom inside Ubuntu... Download the Novacom Driver, it's in Palm's 2.1 SDK page, the direct link is this one (left click and choose to open with ubuntu's package manager, then install it).
    OK. I've done this a number of times. This is my issue with the Authentication. When I go to install anything via the Software Centre, the authentication window pops up. I put in my password, and then window just sits there for a while. It *says* that it is installing, but I'm not sure it actually is, as the authentication window stays open the whole time, and doesn't close until the Software Centre does. I'm getting ready to work through all the code below, and I'll let you know how it goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    After that, open a terminal window (it's under accesories), and type:

    Code:
    ps ax | grep novacom
    you should see a line mentioning "novacomd", if you don't, restart your ubuntu machine for it to run at start.

    Code:
    cd meta-doctor/build
    ls
    you should see 2 or 3 directories, depending on the script you used, but look for the one that has your carrier name and 2.1 on it, then:
    Code:
    cd <directory>            <- omit the < and >
    ls
    you will see several directories and a .jar file, that's your meta doctor. Run it with

    Code:
    java -jar metadoctorfile-2.1.jar              <- change metadoctorfile-2.1.jar to the real filename
    Of course, there's no secret code here, the novacom drivers are available to download from Palm. You should see the "next" button light up when plugging your device.
    Thanks again for all the help NuttyBunny! I'm glad you're patient enough to put up with newbies like me still learning!

    ~Kelly

    "Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  9. #3789  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hmmm, tried to install ubuntu on my vista netbook, using the windows installer wubi. It loads, and installs over 25 mins, and just before it ends I get an error message saying the installer cannot be completed. Not sure what else to do.
    I got the same thing. Tried installing it on my windows PC and I got an error saying it couldn't download the installation files or something like that. It took 3 1/2 hours and then gave me that error.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  10. #3790  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I got the same thing. Tried installing it on my windows PC and I got an error saying it couldn't download the installation files or something like that. It took 3 1/2 hours and then gave me that error.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, no, you're doing it wrong (not your fault)

    Stupid Ubuntu page....
    You need the "Ubuntu Desktop Edition Download", NOT the "Ubuntu Desktop Edition Windows Installer".

    Corrected in the Wiki, I hope it's more clear now.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/20/2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Don't download the "windows installer"
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  11. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    #3791  
    Why not the Windows Installer? It seems to have worked for me.
  12. #3792  
    No dice. The code ran beautifully. Novacom is installed, but that button still won't light up, not even with my Pre in recovery mode. And yes, in case you're wondering, I do have it in Dev Mode.

    Once I know how to move the Dr file to Windows, I'll try that.

    ~Kelly

    "Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  13. #3793  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Why not the Windows Installer? It seems to have worked for me.
    Ah, because it has the name "Windows" on it





    j/k
    Because it downloads the files when "installing", and can be a point of failure.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  14. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    #3794  
    Ah. I understand both stated reasons.
  15. #3795  
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    No dice. The code ran beautifully. Novacom is installed, but that button still won't light up, not even with my Pre in recovery mode. And yes, in case you're wondering, I do have it in Dev Mode.

    Once I know how to move the Dr file to Windows, I'll try that.
    mmm... if you're running the "WUBI" style of ubuntu installation, you can just plug any usb stick in our machine and Ubuntu should find it.
    The Doctor should be in (open Places/Home folder in your main menu), meta-doctor/build/<a directory with your carrier and 2.1 on it>. Inside there you'll find a file with a .jar extension, that's the one.
    Drag the file to your usb stick window or icon, wait for it to copy, then press the little "Eject" button beside the usb stick name.

    After that you can reboot into windows and try with your new Doctor
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    #3796  
    Dropbox!
  17. #3797  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    No, no, you're doing it wrong (not your fault)

    Stupid Ubuntu page....
    You need the "Ubuntu Desktop Edition Download", NOT the "Ubuntu Desktop Edition Windows Installer".

    Corrected in the Wiki, I hope it's more clear now.
    Really? That doesn't make sense. What is the windows installer for then? It says its for dual booting windows and ubuntu which is what I want right. Stupid ubuntu page. Lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  18. #3798  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Really? That doesn't make sense. What is the windows installer for then? It says its for dual booting windows and ubuntu which is what I want right. Stupid ubuntu page. Lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I answered 5 posts earlier :P

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. #3799  
    mmm... if you're running the "WUBI" style of ubuntu installation, you can just plug any usb stick in our machine and Ubuntu should find it.
    The Doctor should be in (open Places/Home folder in your main menu), meta-doctor/build/<a directory with your carrier and 2.1 on it>. Inside there you'll find a file with a .jar extension, that's the one.
    Drag the file to your usb stick window or icon, wait for it to copy, then press the little "Eject" button beside the usb stick name.

    After that you can reboot into windows and try with your new Doctor
    I'm really waiting for you to tell me I'm too stupid for this, LOL. How do I get to Places/Home folder? I searched both the Applications and the Files & Folders for Meta-Doctor, but it's showing nothing at all. In fact, I apparently have NOTHING in ANY folder on the Linux!

    It did recognise the USB stick I plugged in, I just can't seem to find the file to move it.

    Thanks again.

    ~Kelly

    "Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  20. #3800  
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    I'm really waiting for you to tell me I'm too stupid for this, LOL. How do I get to Places/Home folder? I searched both the Applications and the Files & Folders for Meta-Doctor, but it's showing nothing at all. In fact, I apparently have NOTHING in ANY folder on the Linux!

    It did recognise the USB stick I plugged in, I just can't seem to find the file to move it.

    Thanks again.
    Argh..

    You won't believe me... I don't remember!

    Well, do this:
    Alt-F2, and type nautilus in that window, then press Enter. It should run

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Posting Permissions