Page 188 of 217 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hmmm, tried to install ubuntu on my vista netbook, using the windows installer wubi. It loads, and installs over 25 mins, and just before it ends I get an error message saying the installer cannot be completed. Not sure what else to do.
    Something else about the error?
    The next option you have is to install Ubuntu on a virtual machine, create the Doctor there, take out the Doctor from the Ubuntu machine, and run it on your Vista OS.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I'm having problem with voice Dial just one week after installing 2.1.
    Today my phone when postal on me while i was listening to music via my bluetooth.It kept activating the voice Dial on it own what do i do?. I've look to disable the option but i cant see it. i did uninstall couple software but still happening ? should i reinstall 2.1 or unistall every software?

tks
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I managed to get everything working again. Thanks to everybody, this place is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    I'm having problem with voice Dial just one week after installing 2.1.
    Today my phone when postal on me while i was listening to music via my bluetooth.It kept activating the voice Dial on it own what do i do?. I've look to disable the option but i cant see it. i did uninstall couple software but still happening ? should i reinstall 2.1 or uninstall every software?

tks

Yep. Voice Dial sucks. Big time. The sound system in webOS 2.1 is pretty damn messed up to begin with (I'm still looking into exactly what's screwed up), but Voice Dial blows very large chunks and kills the already flaky MediaServer.

What can you do? You can shake your fist in the direction of Palm headquarters, shout "Curse you Ruby!" and get rid of it. If you don't want to actually uninstall it (which I did), you can set it to not start at boot time and that should help things out (but obviously it won't work anymore - which is the point...):

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"enableVoiceCommand":false}'

M.
    It worked! Just struggling to get Preware on the phone now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Yep. Voice Dial sucks. Big time. The sound system in webOS 2.1 is pretty damn messed up to begin with (I'm still looking into exactly what's screwed up), but Voice Dial blows very large chunks and kills the already flaky MediaServer.

What can you do? You can shake your fist in the direction of Palm headquarters, shout "Curse you Ruby!" and get rid of it. If you don't want to actually uninstall it (which I did), you can set it to not start at boot time and that should help things out (but obviously it won't work anymore - which is the point...):

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"enableVoiceCommand":false}'

M.
    ha ha i did shake my fist at palm headquarters lol, but one thing i have never done that before do i use Linux or window to enter that code what are the steps?.
    tks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If you don't want to actually uninstall it (which I did), you can set it to not start at boot time and that should help things out (but obviously it won't work anymore - which is the point...):
    Great! It doesn't work for me anyway. It thinks I'm speaking a Klingon dialect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Great! It doesn't work for me anyway. It thinks I'm speaking a Klingon dialect.
    It somehow thought that "Cynthia" sounded like "Toys 'R' Us". There's a guy in the Voice Dial Thread that had to call his Girl Friend "Todd King" for it to dial her; Her name is "Kathy". Try and figure that one out!

M.
    lol this is a good one :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    It worked! Just struggling to get Preware on the phone now...
    I'm in the same boat. I've got 2.1 on the Pre+ (finally using WUBU), but can't get the WOSQI to see the phone now. I initially tried the one I already had on my computer (3.14) and then the most recent one (4.04) , but none can see the phone. I made sure I was in developer mode as well.

I did a search here and with Google, but didn't find anything that helped. Are there some discussions I might have missed that addresses this?

Sorry if this is deemed off topic.
    Use the Preware standalone installer:

Preware Standalone Installer
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    My luck went from good to bad. I installed 2.1 on a Sprint Pre- using Cygwin with limited success. Some apps like the calendar, contacts, save/restore and photos will not work.

So I decided to try it with Linux. I have tried using WUBI on a WinXP PC, a Win7 laptop and a Win7 netbook and always get a permission error about half way through the install process. I tried booting up from USB but while booting up, it freezes up during boot up.

What is my next option or what am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    My luck went from good to bad. I installed 2.1 on a Sprint Pre- using Cygwin with limited success. Some apps like the calendar, contacts, save/restore and photos will not work.

So I decided to try it with Linux. I have tried using WUBI on a WinXP PC, a Win7 laptop and a Win7 netbook and always get a permission error about half way through the install process. I tried booting up from USB but while booting up, it freezes up during boot up.

What is my next option or what am I doing wrong?
    Ok, first of all, it's not normal that it freezes during boot, you may (I'm not sure) have a bad image, you should redownload your linux image again.
    Second, could you post a screenshot, log, or something to know exactly what's the permission error you're getting?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    my expierence with 4 phones all on webos 2.1 now >1 month
    -sprint pre-plus (franken) = no issues whatsoever
    -sprint pre2 (franken) = initial voice dialing / loss of sound subsystem=autocorrected with a webos-OTA-update

-sprint pre(-) = sluggish:
    1. uberkernel build 18 didn't seem to help in terms of camera issues (camera app locked up)
    2. I tried fiddling compcache /etc/event.d/compcache (edit using internalz and enable advanced mode to write changes)= not much improvement.
    3. I decided to just try moving the compcache file to disable it (moved to /etc) and that seemed to help
    4. also realized the camera app when I took a pic, it "seemed" as if it was running out of space to save the pic. I had "added" a bunch of the sprint apps to the main folder and I believe I had run out of space completely. SO I deleted some of those apps and freed up space. (Correct install probably should be to /media/cryptofs but ipkg defaults to rooot space). Perhaps the camera app needs swap space or saves a temporary file? Or maybe I wsa just running low on swap space period.
    In short #3&4 have made a world of difference for pre-. The phone is actually usable now. I may dare and try uberkernel but will wait for stability issues to be fully ironed out.
    Has anyone else been having problems with getting stuck on the luna boot screen? It has happened to me 4 times. It doesnt happen every time. I have restarted the phone quite a few times and everything was fine. But every now and then something happens to where it cant get passed that and I have no other choice but to doctor my phone again. I dont know whats causing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Has anyone else been having problems with getting stuck on the luna boot screen? It has happened to me 4 times. It doesnt happen every time. I have restarted the phone quite a few times and everything was fine. But every now and then something happens to where it cant get passed that and I have no other choice but to doctor my phone again. I dont know whats causing it.
    I've seen a few reports.
    How did you make your doctor? Are you using the same doctor over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I've seen a few reports.
    How did you make your doctor? Are you using the same doctor over and over again?
    I made it with cygwin. And yes, I am using the same one. Installation and everything goes fine. Its just that one problem I have every now and then.
    I made it with cygwin. And yes, I am using the same one. Installation and everything goes fine. Its just that one problem I have every now and then.
    Yep, your meta doctor is bad, sorry, it will do the same again and again since it wasn't correctly done. You can blame Microsoft on that, and try to create a new one using Linux or OSX.

It's not your fault, everyone assumed it would work, and it works for some people, but it creates bad doctors for others, that's the reason it's not supported anymore as a method to create the Doctors.

Well its good to know the reason now. Is there another method for windows? I read there was another program to use but I dont remember where I saw it.
    Well its good to know the reason now. Is there another method for windows? I read there was another program to use but I dont remember where I saw it.
    Linux or MacOS, you can install Linux inside a virtual machine (VirtualBox or VMWare works fine), or the best option is to install Linux (Ubuntu) as a separate OS using Wubi. Check the meta doctor wiki page