Page 186 of 217 FirstFirst ... 86136176181182183184185186187188189190191196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #3701  
    Which contacts? Palm Profile? Google, etc.? Did you erase backups?

    Preware didn't install... Automatically? Or you tried to install it and it didn't work? Details?

    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    I just took the plunge and installed 2.1 using ubuntu. Everything's working great. However my contacts did not transfer over and my preware didn't install. Can someone offer any help as to what went wrong?
  2. #3702  
    I updated a coworker's phone today. My experience with Ubuntu has been so much better than attempting to do this in windows that I've decided to keep it on my primary box and kick windows to the curb. Windows has to stay on my work computer as that's the corp standard, but i see no reason go back to it at home. Thanks again for all the work put into this process.
  3. #3703  
    can people that are having problems with using cygwin confirm if they have sp1 installed or not. i have not yet updated and i am having no problems.
  4. the13th's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #3704  
    I had problems with windows cygwin and I have windows 7 sp1
  5. the13th's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #3705  
    Is anyone having problems with quickoffice crashing the phone. I'll open a big excel file and the phone will just freeze on me. I'll have to pull the battery to get things going again
  6. #3706  
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    Is anyone having problems with quickoffice crashing the phone. I'll open a big excel file and the phone will just freeze on me. I'll have to pull the battery to get things going again
    All files or just that one?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  7. #3707  
    ok so i finally got ubuntu installed with wubi im tottally new to ubuntu i tried downloading java with the terminal but it comes up this ~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package sun-java6-jre is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Package 'sun-java6-jre' has no installation candidate


    so i tried to go to java site and download from ther and i downloaded a bin file but it doesnt open i looked instructions but i cant figure it out can someone please help me?
  8. #3708  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    ok so i finally got ubuntu installed with wubi im tottally new to ubuntu i tried downloading java with the terminal but it comes up this ~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package sun-java6-jre is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Package 'sun-java6-jre' has no installation candidate


    so i tried to go to java site and download from ther and i downloaded a bin file but it doesnt open i looked instructions but i cant figure it out can someone please help me?
    When I loaded Ubuntu 10.10 it already had the JRE and JDK installed. You can find them via the software center, look in developer tools (iirc) if it's not installed or in installed software to see if it's present.
  9. #3709  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmyeti View Post
    When I loaded Ubuntu 10.10 it already had the JRE and JDK installed. You can find them via the software center, look in developer tools (iirc) if it's not installed or in installed software to see if it's present.
    11.04 doesn't come with sun java, so you might as well use 10.10
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  10. #3710  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    11.04 doesn't come with sun java, so you might as well use 10.10
    Understood. I was staying away from 11.04 since 10.10 is my first real experience with Ubuntu and i wanted to avoid any beta headaches I could. Windows has given me more than my fair share of headaches lately, so a stable 10.10 has been a welcome relief.
  11. #3711  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    ok so i finally got ubuntu installed with wubi im tottally new to ubuntu i tried downloading java with the terminal but it comes up this ~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package sun-java6-jre is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Package 'sun-java6-jre' has no installation candidate


    so i tried to go to java site and download from ther and i downloaded a bin file but it doesnt open i looked instructions but i cant figure it out can someone please help me?
    I had to go to the java web site and go to downloads - there's a new JRE out there. I upgraded to 11.04 somewhere in there, too...
  12. #3712  
    ok finally i got 2.1 on my device !!!! everything looks great what did is that i made the script on ubuntu then i switched back to windows and opened the jar file and oped it and it did it thanks everybody for the help now trying to get flash on it
  13. #3713  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    ok finally i got 2.1 on my device !!!! everything looks great what did is that i made the script on ubuntu then i switched back to windows and opened the jar file and oped it and it did it thanks everybody for the help now trying to get flash on it
    Excellent!!!!!

    Could you document the file transfer (from Ubuntu to Windows) part in the Wiki? I don't think it's updated.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/14/2011 at 07:04 PM.
  14. #3714  
    who am i to document files??
  15. #3715  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Excellent!!!!!

    Could you document the file transfer (from Ubuntu to Linux) part in the Wiki? I don't think it's updated.
    From Ubuntu/Linux to Windows?

    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    who am i to document files??
    A member of our big happy community who benefits from it. I thought the same thing at first but one of my early (and noteworthy IMHO) additions is still in there. Even seen it quoted since.
  16. #3716  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    From Ubuntu/Linux to Windows?
    Yep, corrected, sorry
  17. #3717  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    who am i to document files??
    The purpose of a Wiki is to give information, and to be enhanced by people who read it, follow it, and find things that are not documented, just like you.

    Just like Psychonaut said, you're a member of this community, and that lets you help other people. All contributions to the wikis are welcome, no matter how small or big they may be
  18. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #3718  
    I need to re-meta-doctor because I can't apply some advanced patches anymore (I did EPR and I tried to replace the files com.palm.person and com.palm.person.speeddialbackup, neither solved the problem). Since Cygwin no longer works I tried the Ubuntu on a disc method. I got part way through it and it ran out of disc space. My computer has plenty of space so I think it is using just the disc. Do I need to change directories or something? The wiki doesn't specify this. Thanks.
  19. #3719  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I need to re-meta-doctor because I can't apply some advanced patches anymore (I did EPR and I tried to replace the files com.palm.person and com.palm.person.speeddialbackup, neither solved the problem). Since Cygwin no longer works I tried the Ubuntu on a disc method. I got part way through it and it ran out of disc space. My computer has plenty of space so I think it is using just the disc. Do I need to change directories or something? The wiki doesn't specify this. Thanks.
    My experience with the live disk was less than positive, honestly i suggest that you shrink a partition and just install ubuntu to dual boot if you must keep your windows installation around. Also be sure that when you setup your linux partitions that your home folder gets the recommended 10GB of free space or you will end up with the script aborting before finishing.

    I tried it with less space when i was attempting to keep windows around and before i understood how the linux partitions worked and couldn't get it to successfully build. I used the livecd partition tool to repartition without blowing anything away and was able to build successfully that time.

    The 2nd time i did it was after I blew away the whole disk and re-installed ubuntu 10.10.
  20. #3720  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I need to re-meta-doctor because I can't apply some advanced patches anymore (I did EPR and I tried to replace the files com.palm.person and com.palm.person.speeddialbackup, neither solved the problem). Since Cygwin no longer works I tried the Ubuntu on a disc method. I got part way through it and it ran out of disc space. My computer has plenty of space so I think it is using just the disc. Do I need to change directories or something? The wiki doesn't specify this. Thanks.
    I don't recall the Wiki recommending to use the LiveCD. If you have plenty of space, install Ubuntu using the Wubi option (it's on the Meta Doctor Wiki).
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Posting Permissions