Page 181 of 217 FirstFirst ... 81131171176177178179180181182183184185186191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    OK i looked at my permissions for the cygwin folder and is says special permission. then when i go and check what exactly makes it special it shows to allow ever option possible in the permissions menu. i would imagine that is why i have never had any problems. This is the permissions for my user name however i am the only user on this computer.
    where is that?

tks
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    I may have a new problem, while using VBVBVB $the$ $doctor$ $ask$ $to$ $connect$ $the$ $palm$ $to$ $the$ $pc$, $I$ $did$ $that$ $and$ $it$ $started$ $to$ $doctor$ $the$ $phone$ $while$ $at$ $3$ $percent$ $the$ $pc$ $said$ $installing$ $usb$ $to$ $virtual$ $box$ $while$ $doing$ $that$ $it$ $disconnected$ $the$ $palm$ $and$ $it$ $ask$ $now$ $the$ $phone$ $has$ $been$ $disconnected$ $try$ $again$? $now$ $im$ $stuck$ $at$ $the$ $window$ $click$ $next$.
    what would be the best solution to not have the device disconnect again?
    i will try power off and volume up or remove the battery while connected to the pc.
    The best option now is to take off the Doctor from the VBVBVB $and$ $run$ $it$ $inside$ $your$ $real$ $machine$.

Or, I assume you're using the USB menu on the virtual machine to make it detect your Pre, am I right? Well, at 3% the Pre will try to reconnect, so you'll have to connect it again with the usb menu.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The best option now is to take off the Doctor from the VBVBVB $and$ $run$ $it$ $inside$ $your$ $real$ $machine$.

Or, I assume you're using the USB menu on the virtual machine to make it detect your Pre, am I right? Well, at 3% the Pre will try to reconnect, so you'll have to connect it again with the usb menu.
    WOW, its my first time using Ubuntu haha, i may need special direction to how to take off the doctor from VBVBVB $and$ $run$ $it$ $the$ $window$ $7$ ? $and$ $do$ $i$ $have$ $to$ $install$ $cygwin$ $again$ $to$ $run$ $it$?

yes I went to the virtual menu and setting and click on enable usb.
    this is what's going now now
    - when connecting to the USB I keep hearing that notification noise when device is connected on and off all the time.
    -second i can even get my mouse /cursor off the VBVBVB $or$ $ubuntu$ $to$ $get$ $to$ $window$ $7$.
    -and during the process the black screen is saying waiting for phone to conect
    -and im this close to get it all done
    where is that?

tks
    you can right click on the cygwin folder and go to properties. then the security tab. then you can select your username and see what the settings are.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    you can right click on the cygwin folder and go to properties. then the security tab. then you can select your username and see what the settings are.
    ok 2 question is there a way i can install ubuntu in window from VBVBVB $and$ $would$ $i$ $make$ $a$ $difference$ $if$ $i$ $doctor$ $the$ $phone$ $back$ $to$ $an$ $older$ $version$ $and$ $try$ $re$-$docterng$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $2$.$1$.$01$
    this is the log on the black screen if it help
    tks

9-Apr-2011 12:35:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "Timeout waiting for device to appear"
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.waitForDeviceToAppear(NovacomDevice.java:223)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.waitForDeviceToAppear(NovacomDevice.java:200)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.RamdiskLoadingStage.run(RamdiskLoadingStage.java:69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:245)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1302366916081
    from /tmp/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0.lck
    to /tmp/palmInstallerError0.log
    from /tmp/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    to /tmp/palmInstallerError1.log
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    err -1 "Timeout waiting for device to appear"
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.waitForDeviceToAppear(NovacomDevice.java:223)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.waitForDeviceToAppear(NovacomDevice.java:200)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.RamdiskLoadingStage.run(RamdiskLoadingStage.java:69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:245)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 0
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: timed out looking for device
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    9-Apr-2011 12:35:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    WARNING: the device seems to have been unplugged, try again
    this is what's going now now
    - when connecting to the USB I keep hearing that notification noise when device is connected on and off all the time.
    -second i can even get my mouse /cursor off the VBVBVB $or$ $ubuntu$ $to$ $get$ $to$ $window$ $7$.
    -and during the process the black screen is saying waiting for phone to conect
    -and im this close to get it all done
    Note: If using Ubuntu (or similar Linux distro) in Virtualbox, activate the USB controller for the guest OS (Settings-> USB-> 'Enable USB 2.0 Controller'. Additionally, add the Palm Pre to the USB filters list (it should be plugged into Windows at this point), just so that it can be seen as a valid USB device.
    Adding the phone to the USB filter, gives the guest OS (Linux), undivided control of the device, preventing from Windows from re-capturing it during the flashing process.
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    tks guess i was getting so mad at the pc i forgot to read it but now i just installed Ubuntu in window and im running it right now and let see what happen.
    hope the webdoctor appear again and i have no problem with the usb connection this time.
    by the way when it will ask me to plug in the palm would it recognize the device right there or i have to go some where else to add it.

first time using ubuntu thats why I'm asking
    tks
    YES,
    i see 16%, im so going to shed a tear lol
    I installed 2.1 on my bell Pre- and thought everything had gone alright but now I can't install apps or add new accounts (the few I have aren't working properly either, have 0 contacts right now which is bad). I'm also having problems with apps that look to a server for their functionality, mainly the comics app thinks its downloading but its not.

I have a few patches installed and I will get around to removing them but I don't think they are the problem. Is my only choice to redo the metadoctor and hope for the best?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    YES,
    i see 16%, im so going to shed a tear lol
    In the end it was fairly easy, wasn't it?
    People have to stop having fear for Ubuntu and Linux in general
  13.    #3613  
    I may have a new problem
    Believe me, not a single thing you've posted over the last week has actually been a new problem. Every single thing has been covered in the Wiki already.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    In the end it was fairly easy, wasn't it?
    People have to stop having fear for Ubuntu and Linux in general
    OMG I'm so happy lmao it took me 1 week of try with window 7 (crap if your asking me)
    Ubuntu was so faster and i use the tool to bypass the software also.
    I'm really impress with Linux tks to all of you for the support specially Rod must of got him so mad at time "sorry"
    weird my cousin was telling me to try it since last summer lol, well now I did
    to bad its too late to go for a motorcycle ride lol so happy and really impress with 2.1.0.
    is it possible to install the preware too?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Believe me, not a single thing you've posted over the last week has actually been a new problem. Every single thing has been covered in the Wiki already.

-- Rod
    "sorry" had no patience some time
  16.    #3616  
    "sorry" had no patience some time
    No worries, glad you finally got it sorted.

BTW, there's a Wiki page for installing Preware too

-- Rod
    rod, I posted on another thread under "webosinternals" but haven't heard too many opinions. Would like to hear yours. I have a hardware problem on my vzw pre plus, unrelated to my metadoctored 2.1 device. Vzw is sending me a refurb, but I'm not sure the best process to return a metadoctored device in terms of what I should do with my profile.

I'm sure this question will apply to others with legacy devices as well.

after backing up the usb partition, do I delete the current 2.1 backup, revert to 1.4.5, and return the device? Then log in to my refurb device with the pre-installed 1.4.5 and metadoctor to 2.1 again?

or, should I delete my 2.1 backup, reboot with the erase all feature from my 2.1 device, and return it without reverting to 1.4.5. Then start up my refurb device. When I log in to my
    profile from the new device I assume I will be logging into 1.4.5, or will my profile login as 2.1?

or is there something else I should do.

very confused.

any help would be appreciated.
  18.    #3618  
    after you doctor the phone to version 2.1 is everything suppose to be deleted ?
    because i just saw some picture that i took 4 day ago still in the photo album?
    Yet another question that is answered on the wiki.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19.    #3619  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    rod, I posted on another thread under "webosinternals" but haven't heard too many opinions. Would like to hear yours. I have a hardware problem on my vzw pre plus, unrelated to my metadoctored 2.1 device. Vzw is sending me a refurb, but I'm not sure the best process to return a metadoctored device in terms of what I should do with my profile.

I'm sure this question will apply to others with legacy devices as well.

after backing up the usb partition, do I delete the current 2.1 backup, revert to 1.4.5, and return the device? Then log in to my refurb device with the pre-installed 1.4.5 and metadoctor to 2.1 again?

or, should I delete my 2.1 backup, reboot with the erase all feature from my 2.1 device, and return it without reverting to 1.4.5. Then start up my refurb device. When I log in to my
    profile from the new device I assume I will be logging into 1.4.5, or will my profile login as 2.1?

or is there something else I should do.

very confused.

any help would be appreciated.
    You should doctor the old device back to a stock 1.4.5 before returning it. You must always doctor back to official firmware to prove a hardware problem before showing a device to Palm or your carrier.

Don't touch your existing profile.

Start the new device in 1.4.5 (I would suggest doctoring it immediately with stock 1.4.5) on a new test profile. Make sure everything works on it on 1.4.5, do not put unofficial firmware on it until you are 100% sure it's a good device in all aspects.

Only then should you meta-doctor it to 2.1.0, and log into your untouched profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    <observation withdrawn>
    Last edited by gfdos.sys; 04/10/2011 at 12:22 AM.