Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    Omg tks that is what i did for the past 4-5 days i run it via the meta-belmo-prr-2.1.0 folder and click on the weobosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2..1.0.jar, ok one thing how do i run it from the command line to get the full console?

Do i have to open the semi-auto-bellmo-2.1.0.cmd again? or is it another process tks.

Can i ask you something, a while back i open the third folder pre...bellmo1.4.5 and it install the 1.4.5 is that the process on how to go back if you don't like the 2.0.1 lol
    because it did work if it is.
    Well I'm running from cygwin, and that is a "command line environment". If your using a "Linux OS" then I can't help you with that.

If I'm wrong please someone let me know, about how the folder and ".jar"file is named.

The file your looking for is in the "build" folder under x:\.\home\{user name}\meta-doctor\build\{Name of Jar file}folder. (It has the same name of the script that you used to start the meta-doctor process).

At least that is how my ".jar" file\folder is named when I run the meta-doctor to upgrade my phone.
    yes that is exactly what i do on my side, I'm running it from Cygwin also i go into meta-doctor folder then build inside there's 4 folder name :
    meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0

pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1

pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.4.5

preplus-p101ueu-wr-2.1.0

i then select the first one and inside there is the jar file, when i click on it it open the webdoctor screen i follow the instruction i click on English USA even tho I'm in Canada, the process will start. It will show me the charging battery and do not remove or disconnect the battery but after 5 min it said cannot reset the device??
    weird.

but whats weird is, i have open the third folder where it say 1.4.5 and click on that jar file and it stated the webdoctor screen also and guess what it did install perfectly but 1.4.5 version all over. why is the bellmo pre-2.1.0 wont work?
  3.    #3463  
    Do i have to open the semi-auto-bellmo-2.1.0.cmd again? or is it another process tks.
    You should delete absolutely everything and start again using only instructions from the first post of thread and the wiki page it references only.

There is no "semi-auto" anything referenced in the official instructions - you must be running some unofficial instructions which are not supported here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    yes that is exactly what i do on my side, I'm running it from Cygwin also i go into meta-doctor folder then build inside there's 4 folder name :
    meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0

pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1

pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.4.5

preplus-p101ueu-wr-2.1.0

i then select the first one and inside there is the jar file, when i click on it it open the webdoctor screen i follow the instruction i click on English USA even tho I'm in Canada, the process will start. It will show me the charging battery and do not remove or disconnect the battery but after 5 min it said cannot reset the device??
    weird.

but whats weird is, i have open the third folder where it say 1.4.5 and click on that jar file and it stated the webdoctor screen also and guess what it did install perfectly but 1.4.5 version all over. why is the bellmo pre-2.1.0 wont work?
    are you running a pre 2? or just a pre
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    are you running a pre 2? or just a pre
    I'm running a palm pre bell doesn't have the palm pre 2 in Canada only rogers. and window 7, and i have tried to install unbutu also but it said missing some wubildr file when booting the pc.
    I had a question. I have already updated my pre plus using the meta doctor and now I have a problem to where I have to doctor again. The first time you create the doctor it is saved somewhere right? I cant find it anywhere and dont know the directory it was saved to. I tried running the script again: git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git. But it tells me "fatal: destination path 'meta-doctor' already exists and it is not an empty directory." So where is that directory or how can I find it?
    i have found the semi-... on this link
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...implified.html
    i will try again then is there a way to uninstall Cygwin or just delete the whole folder?
    I'm running a palm pre bell doesn't have the palm pre 2 in Canada only rogers. and window 7, and i have tried to install unbutu also but it said missing some wubildr file when booting the pc.
    the only reason I'm asking is cause you had "pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1" as one of your folders.

I would do what Rob is telling you to do, he is the expert, and if he says to, then I would start over by erasing everything to start over.
    i have found the semi-... on this link
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...implified.html
    i will try again then is there a way to uninstall Cygwin or just delete the whole folder?
    just my opinion...

I wouldn't go anywhere else but the source. and right now the source is this forum thread, and WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals.

just erase the whole folder and start again.
    i know, that is why i found it weird also and i did delete everything and started all over again and guess what, it did re-appear in the meta folder too. so i may try to contact the person i bought it from and ask him where he got the cell?
    its all weird cuz it gave me 4 different folder
    even the preplus-p101
    ok tks will do right now lol
    i know, that is why i found it weird also and i did delete everything and started all over again and guess what, it did re-appear in the meta folder too. so i may try to contact the person i bought it from and ask him where he got the cell?
    its all weird cuz it gave me 4 different folder
    even the preplus-p101
    have you looked in the device info on the phone to see what it says?
    yes i did and it say:

memory 8gb
    version palmwebos1.4.5 and im the one that installed that version cuz i think it was still the older version
    configuration bell mobility 1.9
    model 100EWW
    hardware version A
    carrier bell
    also do i have to remove web doctor also?
    also do i have to remove web doctor also?
    it gets erased when you erase the cygwin folder.

web doctor? do you mean meta-doctor? cause if you have "web doctor" then you really do need to start over fresh. READ the first post on this forum and follow the instructions to the last word. Then you hopefully will be on the right track.
    sorry meant meta-doctor, ok will uninstall everything then from sdk to cygwin and start over
    Last edited by flipmode007; 04/04/2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add some word
    sorry meant meta-doctor, ok will uninstall everything then from sdk to cygwin and start over
    Just a hint...

I printed out both the first thread post(first post with big red letters) and the wiki page so I could read each step, without flipping back and forth between windows. This helps me keep track of where I am without getting lost. Don't know if it will help with you, but it might be worth a try.
    yes sorry well i will erase everything from palm webos sdk to cygwin and start over
    never thought of that i was flipping pages all over even on youtube lol
    tks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I had a question. I have already updated my pre plus using the meta doctor and now I have a problem to where I have to doctor again. The first time you create the doctor it is saved somewhere right? I cant find it anywhere and dont know the directory it was saved to. I tried running the script again: git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git. But it tells me "fatal: destination path 'meta-doctor' already exists and it is not an empty directory." So where is that directory or how can I find it?
    Find it yet? Did you use Cygwin? Ubuntu? Something else?