Page 170 of 217 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170171172173174175180 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #3381  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    If I shut off my sprint 1.4.5, put 2.1 on a spare device with the same profile, if I now turn back on my old device w/ that profile will that cause any conflict? Or will it just work like a wifi device and all my old apps still or will it not even log in since it was the same profile?
    The old device will be wiped the next time it is able to connect to the Palm servers or receive an SMS message.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Hello Liggy,
    Thanks for pointing that post out. Missed it in the long thread. Not being all that up on things, I thought by following the Wiki and using Cygwin with all the packages described was what was needed to use the meta-doctor and create the new doctor file.
    I guess this is why I hadn't tried before now. Still a little confused.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    @TimBoch: Read post #3417. Rod said you need to run Linux!
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  3.    #3383  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Hello Liggy,
    Thanks for pointing that post out. Missed it in the long thread. Not being all that up on things, I thought by following the Wiki and using Cygwin with all the packages described was what was needed to use the meta-doctor and create the new doctor file.
    I guess this is why I hadn't tried before now. Still a little confused.

Thanks for the help.
    Ubuntu Linux and Max OSX Snow Leopard are the ways that are guaranteed to work. I personally test on both of those.

Some people have success with Cygwin, but the process is not tested or supported by me on Cygwin.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    WOW! Amazing how quick the help comes from this great community. Thanks for the fast reply Rod, and for all the great work you have done for us.
    So running the jar file for the meta-doctor that was created might work, or most difinately won't work?

Thanks again. I don't want to keep taking up your time because I'm sure it keeps you from all the great things you do to make our phones work in many great ways.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Ubuntu Linux and Max OSX Snow Leopard are the ways that are guaranteed to work. I personally test on both of those.

Some people have success with Cygwin, but the process is not tested or supported by me on Cygwin.

-- Rod
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about but thought I would mention it just in case.

I noticed a couple of "unexpected operator" messages tonight while building a new doctor using the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script.

pmvoicecommand-frca_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    pmvoicecommand-frfr_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    pmvoicecommand-itit_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    rm -rf build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    [: 3: p101ueu: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 2.1.0: unexpected operator
    Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Here is some added information, specifically the last few lines of the meta-doctor scripts run. BTW I ran this three times with the same result. Also Windows Vista 32-bit (if that makes a difference). Again, this is just the llast few lines. For the rest see attached TXT file. Thanks so much for your help!!!

rm -f build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.1.0 ]
    if [ -f build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    gunzip -c < build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    fi
    mv build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old
    mkdir -p build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/var/gadget
    touch build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/var/gadget/novacom_enabled
    chmod -x build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    chmod -x build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/bin/uploadd
    chmod -x build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/bin/contextupload
    chmod -x build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/bin/rdxd
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    ( cd build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr
    /lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    > build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    rm -f build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs
    /usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    done
    ( cd build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/module
    s ./etc/palm-build-info -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/awk: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/chvt: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/cmp: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/cryptpw: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/cut: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/env: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/expr: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/ftpput: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/hexdump: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/install: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/less: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/md5sum: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/mkpasswd: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/nmeter: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/passwd: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/printf: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/renice: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/resize: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/seq: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/split: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/tail: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/tee: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/time: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/ttysize: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/uniq: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/wget: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/who: Permission denied
    md5sum: ./usr/bin/yes: Permission denied
    make[1]: *** [build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/.patched] Error 123
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Valued Customer/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Valued Customer@Laptop01 ~/meta-doctor
    $
    I had that problem (Pre Plus on Verizon), and it turned out to be a Windows UAC permissions issue (Windows 7 64-bit here). I turned off UAC, restarted, and re-ran the meta script, which worked, but then had to put the Pre into USB mode (power off the phone, then hold up on the vol rocker while powering on), and it updated successfully.

Only remaining issue, is waiting for the Palm Profile to finish restoring (it's been hours).
  7.    #3387  
    Quote Originally Posted by guinny1759 View Post
    I had that problem (Pre Plus on Verizon), and it turned out to be a Windows UAC permissions issue (Windows 7 64-bit here). I turned off UAC, restarted, and re-ran the meta script, which worked, but then had to put the Pre into USB mode (power off the phone, then hold up on the vol rocker while powering on), and it updated successfully.

Only remaining issue, is waiting for the Palm Profile to finish restoring (it's been hours).
    Could someone who is familiar with Windows please add that to the wiki for people who are using Cygwin?

Thanks,

-- Rod
  8.    #3388  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about but thought I would mention it just in case.

I noticed a couple of "unexpected operator" messages tonight while building a new doctor using the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script.

pmvoicecommand-frca_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    pmvoicecommand-frfr_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    pmvoicecommand-itit_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk
    rm -rf build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    [: 3: p101ueu: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 2.1.0: unexpected operator
    Most likely your /bin/sh is pointing to dash instead of bash.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    OK...so the problem leading to the md5 permission errors when running Meta-doctor in Cygwin appears to be User Access Control in Windows. I turned that off and was able to run the basic Sprint 2.1 script as well as the test frankenpre sprint script. They both completed and launched the Doctor for me. The test frankenpre just didn't work (mismatched device -- I have a Plussed Sprint phone operating on an AT&T plus platform). The Sprint 2.1 doctor worked well except that it couldn't reboot the phone. I pulled the battery and, on reboot, had 2.1. Yay, and thanks to the great folks powering the WebOS revolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by gelobter View Post
    OK...so the problem leading to the md5 permission errors when running Meta-doctor in Cygwin appears to be User Access Control in Windows. I turned that off and was able to run the basic Sprint 2.1 script as well as the test frankenpre sprint script. They both completed and launched the Doctor for me. The test frankenpre just didn't work (mismatched device -- I have a Plussed Sprint phone operating on an AT&T plus platform). The Sprint 2.1 doctor worked well except that it couldn't reboot the phone. I pulled the battery and, on reboot, had 2.1. Yay, and thanks to the great folks powering the WebOS revolution!
    Are you sure it works properly? There was one user in the IRC channel who could run the doctor, but had tons of invalid files in his Pre (al the "links" to busybox were replaced with zero-sized files). If you install preware and it doesn't run properly, that might be the problem. So, as Rod said, you have to do this on Linux (or MacOS for that matter)
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    no problems at all so far.
    Attempted to Update my ATT pre+ this morning to 2.1 with Cygwin and the ATT meta script. Following this guide and a few others for context, I got eventually got this error message, at what I gather is basically the end. I then got the message that my phone could not be rebooted. The phone itself had the ROM chip picture showing.

Now the phone boots to the Penguin and I am stuck. Novacom is installed, but does not seem, to be able to connect to the device, even after a reboot and using the volume up button. Appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed. getting back to 1.45 would be fine too

Full install log attached, but error snippet below

Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 16

Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "Base ROM Failed Verification"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :83)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.runCommand(VerifyRomStage.java:62)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.run(VerifyRomStage.java:40)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:491)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1301754665440
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I thought everything worked fine with the doctoring, however I'm experiencing a strange issue with my Pre Plus with 2.1 on Verizon. I can install apps with WebOS Quick Install, but I can't install anything from the App Catalog or Preware. I can see the apps, but for example, if I tap Install to install a patch in Preware, it does nothing, or if I try to install an app from the Catalog, it just says "Downloading", but nothing happens.

I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything. Seems like a permissions issue, or did something not get set properly during the doctoring, and does it need to be re-flashed?

I followed all the steps on the wiki, deleted my Palm Profile before doing the update, signed in afterwards (the same one), and have restarted several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by guinny1759 View Post
    I thought everything worked fine with the doctoring, however I'm experiencing a strange issue with my Pre Plus with 2.1 on Verizon. I can install apps with WebOS Quick Install, but I can't install anything from the App Catalog or Preware. I can see the apps, but for example, if I tap Install to install a patch in Preware, it does nothing, or if I try to install an app from the Catalog, it just says "Downloading", but nothing happens.

I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything. Seems like a permissions issue, or did something not get set properly during the doctoring, and does it need to be re-flashed?

I followed all the steps on the wiki, deleted my Palm Profile before doing the update, signed in afterwards (the same one), and have restarted several times.
    You have to create your Meta Doctor on Linux, apparently Cygwin on Windows won't work properly. And you have to Doctor again
    i have been making my dr. using cygwin all along. i just made a new one and it is reloading right now. so i dont know if the script changed from the last dr i made but i never had a problem with my old script and dr. i will let you know if this one works.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i have been making my dr. using cygwin all along. i just made a new one and it is reloading right now. so i dont know if the script changed from the last dr i made but i never had a problem with my old script and dr. i will let you know if this one works.
    I haven't been following the thread constantly, but I think in the middle something changed, I think now the script is uncompressing files that weren't before, and they don't uncompress well in windows.

Try it again, but I doubt it will work
    This is too tempting to pass up....after much thought, I changed my mind and I'm persuaded to go ahead and try this. I have a question. If I pulled the file: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3, update to 2.1 and then send the file back to /var/luna/data/dbdata/ would my contacts, tasks etc. be restored? Or was something changed to where I cant do this anymore on 2.1. I've used this method for restoring all profile info anytime I had to use the Doctor in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I haven't been following the thread constantly, but I think in the middle something changed, I think now the script is uncompressing files that weren't before, and they don't uncompress well in windows.

Try it again, but I doubt it will work
    Everything seems to be fine. i am installing apps from both preware and the app catalog. i to was running cygwin on a win7 64 bit set up and i had uac set to very low. i dont think off.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i had no problems using cywin to update to webos 2.1.0 on a pre- on 8. of march following the way shown in the wiki.
    i have 2.1.0 profile, all my paid apps, can purchase apps from app-catalogue and install from preware. only issue was uc screenstate 500/800 which brought random schutdowns. now using uc 800 fixed with no problems so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    This is too tempting to pass up....after much thought, I changed my mind and I'm persuaded to go ahead and try this. I have a question. If I pulled the file: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3, update to 2.1 and then send the file back to /var/luna/data/dbdata/ would my contacts, tasks etc. be restored? Or was something changed to where I cant do this anymore on 2.1. I've used this method for restoring all profile info anytime I had to use the Doctor in the past.
    Short answer: NO
    Long Answer: NO, it won't work, please don't even try it

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg