Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by v3 View Post
    HI all, some pics of the 2.1 install and OS on my pre minus (o2 uk): http://rapidshare.com/files/44936702...s21install.zip

Runs great. Might try and get a video of it later.
    Please could you give more details? Were you able to sign in to your normal Palm profile? What can you access on the app catalog? Thanks!
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Could you use the masquerade process to make your Pre+ AT&T with 2.1 read as a Pre 2 AT&T (unlocked) on 2.0.1? If so, it would give access to 2.x apps (like Music Remix)
    That is definitely an avenue that someone should explore.

But that device is a ROW unlocked Pre 2, not an AT&T one, right? AT&T don't sell the Pre 2.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thought there was some Verizon CDMA file that someone else was extracting from Pre2 doctor and adding to this one, not sure if that would impact texting or what features it would impact...
    Yes, to get texts working you need to flash the modem firmware from the Verizon Pre 2 doctor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I'm also contemplating writing a shell script, but it'd be Sprint-specific.
    I'd be greatly appreciative of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is definitely an avenue that someone should explore.

But that device is a ROW unlocked Pre 2, not an AT&T one, right? AT&T don't sell the Pre 2.

-- Rod
    Right, I mean masquerade an ATT Pre + running 2.1 as an unlocked ROW Pre 2, running 2.0.1
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Right, I mean masquerade an ATT Pre + running 2.1 as an unlocked ROW Pre 2, running 2.0.1
    Hmm - unfortunately, I expect the device record for that comms card will identify DMCARRIER=AT&T, and combining that with a 2.x version will give you a 9.9.9 scenario.

-- Rod
  7. v3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    Please could you give more details? Were you able to sign in to your normal Palm profile? What can you access on the app catalog? Thanks!
    I didnt try my normal profile, set up a new one (will do the normal tomorrow probably). On the new profile I could see the app cat fine and went as far as the screen to enter card details for a purchase without any problem.
    Got my original Palm Profile (with paid apps) working! Hooray for novacom showing me errors related to the backup server.

1) Doctor back to 1.4.5
    2) Disable Backup and select Delete Backups from Server when asked
    3) Metadoctor back to 2.1

I'm still unable to purchase new paid apps, but I'm 100% logged in to my 1.4.5 profile, no 9.9.9 problems, and have Angry Birds and all that stuff.
    So looks like the corrected doctor is up... can someone with an O2 germany pre+ find the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    I did nothing but
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    then launched .jar from build dir.
    connected, installed onto PALM PRE (o2 germany)

here is pic from webOS Quick Install:
    [IMG]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2946/devicemanagement025.png[./IMG]

it didn't work. then I saw that on palm.com/profile is that my OS version 9.9.9
    I redoctored with the same doctor (produced by meta-doctor) created new account. it still showed 9.9.9 (even on the new profile that I just created)
    in App Catalog I could see only free apps. But then I just opened App Catalog and it showed me every app, free and paid. I went to palm.com/profile and there was Palm Pre OS 2.1.0

Update: I'm just on the official carrier (o2-de) maybe that's the case that my profile now shows 2.1.0 and I see paid apps? *dunno*
    Dunno why, but it does not work for me. Always says my device is not compatible, even though I use the exact same code...

€dith: One sec plz, think I got the error. Jesus Christ... I was always copying the doctor from the download folder not build -.- It's too late and I had too much stuff to do today apparently...
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 02/22/2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Got my original Palm Profile (with paid apps) working! Hooray for novacom showing me errors related to the backup server.

1) Doctor back to 1.4.5
    2) Disable Backup and select Delete Backups from Server when asked
    3) Metadoctor back to 2.1

I'm still unable to purchase new paid apps, but I'm 100% logged in to my 1.4.5 profile, no 9.9.9 problems, and have Angry Birds and all that stuff.
    DAYUMMM!! That's awesome!

I think my 'text message' error is more of a 'I have crappy service' error and unrelated to 2.1.0 / 1.4.5 because I'm back to 1.4.5 and I still can't send a damn text. And I don't feel like walking outside to test because it's 9 degrees out.

So you were able to sign into your existing profile by deleting your backups from the server.. so does that mean when you loaded 2.1 it did not automatically load your apps / launcher pages? What about accounts, did it automatically load / sync your accounts pending entering your passwords?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    DAYUMMM!! That's awesome!

I think my 'text message' error is more of a 'I have crappy service' error and unrelated to 2.1.0 / 1.4.5 because I'm back to 1.4.5 and I still can't send a damn text. And I don't feel like walking outside to test because it's 9 degrees out.

So you were able to sign into your existing profile by deleting your backups from the server.. so does that mean when you loaded 2.1 it did not automatically load your apps / launcher pages? What about accounts, did it automatically load / sync your accounts pending entering your passwords?
    It loaded my apps (including paid ones). I did have to manually add my Facebook and Google Account usernames as well, but once I did that everything was pulled down just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Wherever you tell the Makefile you put it. If you set:
    Code:
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    then yes, you put the file in the top level of meta-doctor, along with the Makefile.
    Where am I getting this palm-build-info file from? Does it just need extracted from the Verizon doctor or my Sprint doctor and do I need to make any changes to it?
    hi, i have a sprint pre (its not activated so not worried about anything happening to it)

using cygwin, edited makefile removed comments.

i used:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP=1 clobber all
    everything runs without errors but when i use webos doctor i get:
    We were unable to reset your phone.

that error comes up right after it says charging your device.

any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    hi, i have a sprint pre (its not activated so not worried about anything happening to it)

using cygwin, edited makefile removed comments.

i used:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP=1 clobber all

that error comes up right after it says charging your device.

any help?
    try unplugging your phone and restarting the computer, run the doctor and then (with usb cord attached to computer) plug the phone into usb cord while holding up on volume.

also you may want to not disable the first use app. i was unable to access app catalog or anything else without a palm profile, and i couldn't create one or log into one without the first use app. just 2c
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, after 10 minutes of use you can definitely rule that HP claimed hardware limitations for no reason. Hmmm...
    It was more like half an hour at each, but yeah. It's certainly enough to throw another log on the skepticism pile.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So after reading the whole thread so far I have come to some conclusions...
    First I'm not that smart, and a lot of this went over my head, on the other hand you all are pretty good at what you do apparently.

2)When all the work is done this will not be a plug and click update. Yes / No?
    3)Will everyone who would like this on there device (in my case a Bell "CDMA" Pre) have to create their own custom doctor?
    4)If #3 is correct will there be step by step instructions with pictures provided. (kinda like the instructions for adding pre ware)?

I have pre ware installed and also uber kernel so I'm not completely useless, just not anywhere close to the talent pool in this thread. Maybe Rod could clarify?

Once again you are all pretty cool, good luck to all who are working on this project!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    I got that error when my doctor got close to 100 percent. I simply did a battery pull and my device booted fine.
    I can confirm that the webOS Doctor works perfectly fine on German Pre- with O2-DE. Just bought the Homebrew Documentation Even though I used to overclock my Pre to 800 MHz 2.1.0 somehow feels slightly snappier. Though I feel like this is caused by animations.

Now, can you tell me where I have to put my prefsDB.sl on my host system if I'm running a Mac?! I just don't get it xD I just tested it with a new Palm Profile but I want to log in my old one of course. However, since I'm in England I don't have 3G...
    €dith: Or does it have to be on the system where I modify the doctor? That would be Ubuntu 10.10 then...
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 02/22/2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    So after reading the whole thread so far I have come to some conclusions...
    First I'm not that smart, and a lot of this went over my head, on the other hand you all are pretty good at what you do apparently.

2)When all the work is done this will not be a plug and click update. Yes / No?
    3)Will everyone who would like this on there device (in my case a Bell "CDMA" Pre) have to create their own custom doctor?
    4)If #3 is correct will there be step by step instructions with pictures provided. (kinda like the instructions for adding pre ware)?
    2) Someone in the thread has mentioned possibly writing a script, which if it were specific enough, would make it *relatively* simple but would probably only work for one specific carrier/device/webOS version configuration. A script would have to be written for each instance, so it would be a question of whether anybody with the necessary skills felt it was worth their time.

3) Yes. It is illegal to redistribute modified doctor versions. All webOS Internals can do is give you instructions on how to modify the doctor for your particular configuration.

4) Probably at some point. However, a lot of things need to be tested before it gets to that stage and Rod has already mentioned the possibility of making some changes to the metadoctor that would have to be completed before a final guide could be created.

Note: I'm not a member of webOS Internals and don't speak for them. Just trying to answer some of the more basic questions.