Page 167 of 217 FirstFirst ... 67117157162163164165166167168169170171172177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #3321  
    I've had my Sprint Pre- running for probably a month now (although I can't recall for sure when I updated it, but was days after Internals came out with a way to do it).

    Problems I have:

    First off, I never fixed 'Dr. Skipped Firstuse', so if this is a problem - please let me know. Phone has *mostly* worked, despite being slow as molasses.

    Problem #1: All my contacts are there, but I can't browse them fully Meaning: If I search contacts, the names are there. If I do not use a search criteria, then I can only view some.

    Problem #2: Messaging. When I scroll up in messaging, it won't always scroll all the way up. It stops. If I scroll down and then scroll up (many times), it will eventually get there. maybe that is a RAM/Slowness thing? Unsure.

    Problem #3: Messaging: When I delete part of a conversation (that is at the end), it will still show the preview of the deleted text in the main part of the messaging app, but not in the actual message. And the timestammp of that deleted message will be used in the display order in the main window (showing that message at the top even though the last message should have been deleted).

    Problem #4: Slow, slow, slow. But I understand it was not made for a Pre-


    Thanks in advance guys! Maybe I need to update? I don't know where to look for a 'latest fixes' to the doctoring I've done.
  2. #3322  
    [QUOTE=toaste;2921907]Ok, I'm back and trying this update again. (thanks to all who offered help previously!!)

    I did steps 1-3 on the Wiki page for a Verizon Pre+. This included using the Universal Novacom Driver Installer to update my drivers as the Palm SDK download was taking too long.

    I followed the steps in the Doctor to where it was in the battery charger stage per meta-doctor (the Doctor had the 0% with the moving bar behind it).

    My phone showed the USB symbol and the Doctor said it was charging. The "We were unable to reset your phone" error message came up and meta-doctor indicated "flashing failed, move failed card". I clicked done on the Doctor and hit the power on the phone which restarted it and unplugged it.

    I went back to step 3 on the Wiki page and began there again, plugging the phone in when told to and clicking Next. The Battery Charging came up and the moving bar was again behind the 0%, but the phone didn't have the USB logo so I powered it down, unplugged it from the computer, held the volume up button and plugged it back into the computer. The USB logo came back up, but the next button on the Doctor was still grayed out so exited from it and went back to Step 3 from the Wiki, unplugging the phone from the computer (USB logo still up).

    When told to plug the phone in, I did so but the Doctor didn't see the Pre+ so restarted the phone and unplugged it from the computer. When it restarted, plugged it into the computer but no options came up and the Doctor still didn't see it. Unplugged it again and restarted Novacom, chose just charge and clicked on Next.

    The Doctor began the Battery Charging again with the phone showing the USB logo, ran for a bit and errored out with unable to reset your phone.

    I hope this is not too little/much info to get some help on what's going on so I can get this update done. Thanks in advance.

    Update: I thought my problem might be related to the procedure from this post (http://forums.precentral.net/general...ate-2-0-a.html) when I 'd planned on keeping Classic, so I followed their instructions to change things back (am assuming it went right).

    Restarted the Doctor (Novacomd restarted itself) and plugged the phone in when directed, choosing Just Charge, and clicking Next. The Battery Charging bar showed up, the USB on the phone showed up, and..... "We were unable to reset your phone".

    Closed the Doctor, unplugged the phone from the computer (leaving the USB logo still up) and restarted the Doctor (Novacomd restarted itself). Now the Next is accessable without the phone being connected so I connected the phone and clicked next. Battery Charging screen up again and after an hour of no change closed the Doctor out and reset the phone.

    I'm not sure what the problem is, but nothing seems to be working right here.
    Last edited by toaste; 03/28/2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: incorrect quote
  3. #3323  
    Actually made it to 2%! What a tease, lol. Will keep on trying and hoping.
  4. #3324  
    Good morning for all.

    I has created some doctored roms without problem, but I has to reinstalled my WinXP and now; when I was trying to create other Doctor, when I received this message, whatever the script or doctor version that I use:



    I was looking in many places, but I found nothing about this error.

    Someone have some idea about this?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  5. #3325  
    Oh, yes... a small tip, that I don't know if can help someone.

    I was testing and I could use the Cygwin with proxy connections, using a small command before begin everything:

    export http_proxy=http://usernameassword@hostort
    Remembering that have to change the username; password; host and port for the informations that do you use in your network.

    Well, I wait that this can help the peoples that work in some companies, for example.


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  6. #3326  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Actually made it to 2%! What a tease, lol. Will keep on trying and hoping.
    If it were me, I would try running the regular Palm Dr 1.4.5 for your phone and make sure that works completely. If it does, I would start a fresh 2.1 meta-doctor by following these instructions from the wiki:

    If this is not your first time through this process, you should do a "git pull" and a "make clobber" to ensure you have the latest scripts and a pristine build folder. From the command line (I use Cygwin), type "cd meta-doctor" without the quotes and press enter. Then type "git pull" without the quotes and press enter. Then type "make clobber" without the quotes and press enter. Voila! You now have the latest scripts and a clean folder to build your doctor in.

    Then see what happens.
  7. HiQ
    HiQ is offline
    HiQ's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #3327  
    Hey Everyone!

    I followed the OSX instructions and managed to get it to build the 2.1 doctor for my Sprint Pre-. I want to try doctoring it today, but I am concerned about my repaired MEID. If I flash this, will it revert my MEID back to factory settings? If yes, is there any way around that?

    Thank you VERY much!
  8. #3328  
    I FrankenPred my Sprint - to a Sprint Pre 2 (Developer Day Pre2). I'm doctoring now and keep running into the same error. Meta-Doctor gets to about 9% and then can't find the Pre2. I've uninstalled NovaCom and reinstalled a later version from the SDK. On one of the attempts it hung on the smiling penguin logo on the Pre2 so I know it was connected and partially working. I was able to do a reboot and now it's hanging on the down arrow and the chip instead of the Penguin.

    I also didn't know how to copy the screen from cygwin (even after reading the instruction) so I took a screenshot. If more is needed let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #3329  
    Hello,

    Once you've been able to upgrade your 1.4.5 device to 2.1.0 successfully while maintaining your existing profile, if you would like to re-doctor, is there any special steps? Or can you just run the FULL erase in the Device Info area or re-run the doctor I created using the Sprint Meta-Doctor scripts?

    Details: I was running 1.4.5 on my Sprint Pre- and decided to use the latest Meta-Doctor scripts to create a Doctor that I could use to upgrade to 2.1.0. This went successfully and I had a FULLY functioning Pre on 2.1.0 (using my real profile on my Sprint activated phone). Everything worked, except that performance was very poor, even UberKernel overclocked at 1 Ghz. So I started thinking how I could clean things up. So...

    My profile on my phone and Palm's website showed 2.1.0 so I figured I had successfully converted my profile to version 2, especially because I was able to restore and use my apps, tasks, memos, web bookmarks, etc after doctoring to 2.1.0 (I didn't delete my profile backup!). I could tell that the Doctor didn't erase at least the USB portion of my device from when I was running 1.4.5 so I thought doing a FULL erase would clean out any lingering 1.4.5 stuff that might be clogging things up.

    The problem now is after I ran FULL erase using the on-device reset option when I log back into my Palm Profile, it says it's restoring backed up data but just sits about 2/3's done (it's been sitting for over 2 hours). I've tried re-running the doctor I ran to go from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 but it still sits at the same point.

    I don't get any errors and Palms site still shows my profile as 2.1.0. I've researched this issue all over the internet and Precentral and the webOS Internals Wiki but haven't been able to find a case or solution/instructions similar to what I'm experiencing.

    If I'm loading webOS 2.1.0, why does it not seem to be able to restore my 2.1.0 profile? What are my options?

    I really appreciate any assistance!

    - Chris

    *UPDATE* Hey, my profile finally loaded... after ~4 hours LOL! Apparently it wasn't even loading apps either. It's doing that now (another 3-4 hours LOL). WOW that took a while... What was it doing??
    Last edited by capt4chris; 03/30/2011 at 02:34 AM.
  10. #3330  
    Meta-doctor now reaching 13% with the following errors.

    Frankendoctored PRE2 using sprint - comm board. Windows 7 x64, Followed all directions from Wiki several times. Used Cygin. I must have missed something. Any assistance appreciated.

    Code:
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMCARRIER' to offset 1448, gen 1, len 3
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMMODEL' to offset 1488, g
    en 1, len 7
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMMODEL' to offset 1488, gen 1, len 7
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PalmSN' to offset 1532, ge
    n 1, len 12
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PalmSN' to offset 1532, gen 1, len 12
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'HousingA' to offset 1580,
    gen 1, len 5
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'HousingA' to offset 1580, gen 1, len 5
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PRODoID' to offset 1624, g
    en 1, len 7
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PRODoID' to offset 1624, gen 1, len 7
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-boot' offset 24576 len 160044
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-boot' offset 24576 len 160044
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-chg' offset 188416 len 92565
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-chg' offset 188416 len 92565
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badchg' offset 282624 len 48178
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badchg' offset 282624 len 48178
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nobatt' offset 331776 len 87835
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nobatt' offset 331776 len 87835
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badsys' offset 421888 len 26853
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badsys' offset 421888 len 26853
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nosys' offset 450560 len 26853
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nosys' offset 450560 len 26853
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-sync' offset 479232 len 71862
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-sync' offset 479232 len 71862
    ./nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage
    ./Panic.tga
    ./roadrunner.xml
    ./roadrunnercdmafw.tar
    ./roadrunnerumtsfw.tar
    ./Sync.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 71862 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: Panic.tga
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-panic' offset 552960 len 74779
    
    ./
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-panic' offset 552960 len 74779
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./installer.xml
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    ./nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage
    ./Panic.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 74779 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: Disk.tga
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-disk' offset 630784 len 36673
    
    ./
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-disk' offset 630784 len 36673
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 36673 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    
    ./
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./installer.xml
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:03 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> /tmp/do_format_dev_mmcblk0p2.sh not found; running hard
    coded stuff
    
    <INFO> /tmp/do_format_dev_mmcblk0p2.sh not found; running hardcoded stuff
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:03 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "mke2fs -q -j -b4096 -m0 -L /boot /dev/mmcblk0p
    2 > /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "mke2fs -q -j -b4096 -m0 -L /boot /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "tune2fs -i 0 /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null 2> /de
    v/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "tune2fs -i 0 /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
     2> /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure 2> /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocati
    on. Parent PID 1225: sh
    
    File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocation. Parent PID 122
    5: sh
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Current LVM configuration, 0 volume groups:
    
    <INFO> Current LVM configuration, 0 volume groups:
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> Volume group store not found in existing configuration
    .
    
    <ERROR> Volume group store not found in existing configuration.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Current configuration: 0 volume groups.
    
    <INFO> Current configuration: 0 volume groups.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO>     new configuration: 1 volume groups.
    
    <INFO>     new configuration: 1 volume groups.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> LVM configuration changed
    
    <INFO> LVM configuration changed
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Adjusting LVM partition sizes
    
    <INFO> Adjusting LVM partition sizes
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an --ignorelockingfailure
     store 2> /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an --ignorelockingfailure store 2> /dev/nul
    l"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream handleSock
    etException
    WARNING: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream handleSock
    etException
    WARNING: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readArray(PacketReader.java:37
    )
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readPacket(PacketReader.java:5
    1)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.read(PacketReader.java:80)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.read(NovacomSocketStrea
    m.java:108)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.readLine(NovacomBaseStrea
    m.java:42)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamReaderThread.run(
    BaseStage.java:48)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:29)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStre
    am.java:169)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:21)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:69)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatSta
    ge.java:104)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:414
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamRead
    erThread run
    WARNING:
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readArray(PacketReader.java:37
    )
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readPacket(PacketReader.java:5
    1)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.read(PacketReader.java:80)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.read(NovacomSocketStrea
    m.java:108)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.readLine(NovacomBaseStrea
    m.java:42)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamReaderThread.run(
    BaseStage.java:48)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1301484724338
    from C:\cygwin\tmp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.2
    to C:\cygwin\tmp\palmInstallerError0.log
    from C:\cygwin\tmp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    to C:\cygwin\tmp\palmInstallerError1.log
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:06 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:06 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:29)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStre
    am.java:169)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:21)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:69)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatSta
    ge.java:104)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:414
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    
    Noel@NDAQUAD4 ~/meta-doctor
    $
  11.    #3331  
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER View Post
    Meta-doctor now reaching 13% with the following errors.

    Frankendoctored PRE2 using sprint - comm board. Windows 7 x64, Followed all directions from Wiki several times. Used Cygin. I must have missed something. Any assistance appreciated.

    Code:
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMCARRIER' to offset 1448, gen 1, len 3
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMMODEL' to offset 1488, g
    en 1, len 7
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'DMMODEL' to offset 1488, gen 1, len 7
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PalmSN' to offset 1532, ge
    n 1, len 12
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PalmSN' to offset 1532, gen 1, len 12
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'HousingA' to offset 1580,
    gen 1, len 5
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'HousingA' to offset 1580, gen 1, len 5
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PRODoID' to offset 1624, g
    en 1, len 7
    
    <INFO> write_tokens: writing token 'PRODoID' to offset 1624, gen 1, len 7
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-boot' offset 24576 len 160044
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-boot' offset 24576 len 160044
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-chg' offset 188416 len 92565
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-chg' offset 188416 len 92565
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badchg' offset 282624 len 48178
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badchg' offset 282624 len 48178
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nobatt' offset 331776 len 87835
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nobatt' offset 331776 len 87835
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badsys' offset 421888 len 26853
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-badsys' offset 421888 len 26853
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nosys' offset 450560 len 26853
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-nosys' offset 450560 len 26853
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:00 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-sync' offset 479232 len 71862
    
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-sync' offset 479232 len 71862
    ./nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage
    ./Panic.tga
    ./roadrunner.xml
    ./roadrunnercdmafw.tar
    ./roadrunnerumtsfw.tar
    ./Sync.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 71862 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: Panic.tga
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:01 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-panic' offset 552960 len 74779
    
    ./
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-panic' offset 552960 len 74779
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./installer.xml
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    ./nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage
    ./Panic.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 74779 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: Disk.tga
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> nvram section 'logo-disk' offset 630784 len 36673
    
    ./
    <INFO> nvram section 'logo-disk' offset 630784 len 36673
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 36673 bytes
    
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:02 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sending File: nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    
    ./
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./boot-roadrunner.bin
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./installer.xml
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:03 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> /tmp/do_format_dev_mmcblk0p2.sh not found; running hard
    coded stuff
    
    <INFO> /tmp/do_format_dev_mmcblk0p2.sh not found; running hardcoded stuff
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:03 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "mke2fs -q -j -b4096 -m0 -L /boot /dev/mmcblk0p
    2 > /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "mke2fs -q -j -b4096 -m0 -L /boot /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "tune2fs -i 0 /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null 2> /de
    v/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "tune2fs -i 0 /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
     2> /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure 2> /dev/null"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocati
    on. Parent PID 1225: sh
    
    File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocation. Parent PID 122
    5: sh
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Current LVM configuration, 0 volume groups:
    
    <INFO> Current LVM configuration, 0 volume groups:
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> Volume group store not found in existing configuration
    .
    
    <ERROR> Volume group store not found in existing configuration.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Current configuration: 0 volume groups.
    
    <INFO> Current configuration: 0 volume groups.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO>     new configuration: 1 volume groups.
    
    <INFO>     new configuration: 1 volume groups.
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> LVM configuration changed
    
    <INFO> LVM configuration changed
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Adjusting LVM partition sizes
    
    <INFO> Adjusting LVM partition sizes
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an --ignorelockingfailure
     store 2> /dev/null"
    
    <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an --ignorelockingfailure store 2> /dev/nul
    l"
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream handleSock
    etException
    WARNING: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream handleSock
    etException
    WARNING: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readArray(PacketReader.java:37
    )
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readPacket(PacketReader.java:5
    1)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.read(PacketReader.java:80)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.read(NovacomSocketStrea
    m.java:108)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.readLine(NovacomBaseStrea
    m.java:42)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamReaderThread.run(
    BaseStage.java:48)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:29)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStre
    am.java:169)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:21)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:69)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatSta
    ge.java:104)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:414
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamRead
    erThread run
    WARNING:
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readArray(PacketReader.java:37
    )
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readPacket(PacketReader.java:5
    1)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.read(PacketReader.java:80)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.read(NovacomSocketStrea
    m.java:108)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.readLine(NovacomBaseStrea
    m.java:42)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.BaseStage$StreamReaderThread.run(
    BaseStage.java:48)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:04 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1301484724338
    from C:\cygwin\tmp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.2
    to C:\cygwin\tmp\palmInstallerError0.log
    from C:\cygwin\tmp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    to C:\cygwin\tmp\palmInstallerError1.log
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:06 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:06 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:29)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStre
    am.java:169)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:21)
            at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.j
    ava:69)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatSta
    ge.java:104)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:414
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Mar 30, 2011 7:32:07 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    
    Noel@NDAQUAD4 ~/meta-doctor
    $
    Your connection between your computer and your device has experienced some random communication error.

    Simply try again.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #3332  
    If a Sprint Pre- has already been updated to webOS 2.1 and then the comm board is placed into a Pre 2, will the resulting FrankenPre be running 2.1? In other words, are the operating system and storage on the comm board?
  13. gelobter's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #3333  
    Hi! I religiously followed the Internals instructions and ran the make-doctor script in Cygwin.

    The .jar is definitely generated, but the script ends with the a series of "permission denied" notices for md5sum commands and overall error 123 and error 2.

    I've attached the log of the cygwin window. Any ideas? thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. gelobter's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #3334  
    Also, wondering if there's a special script for a Sprint "plussed" pre? I see a test script in the scripts directory for Frankenpre that is not a Pre 2. is this the right one to use?
    thanks!
  15. #3335  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post

    - Chris

    *UPDATE* Hey, my profile finally loaded... after ~4 hours LOL! Apparently it wasn't even loading apps either. It's doing that now (another 3-4 hours LOL). WOW that took a while... What was it doing??
    My guess is you had lost your 3G connection... Glad it worked!
  16. #3336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    If a Sprint Pre- has already been updated to webOS 2.1 and then the comm board is placed into a Pre 2, will the resulting FrankenPre be running 2.1? In other words, are the operating system and storage on the comm board?
    Nope. Storage (and processor) is behind the screen part of the phone.
  17. #3337  
    How that webos 3.0 beta os out can u update the sprint pre to it the same way?
  18. #3338  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your connection between your computer and your device has experienced some random communication error.

    Simply try again.

    -- Rod
    I tried an additional 8 times with the exact error. I rebooted the PC, changed the USB port I used. Redownloaded everything. Same result.

    I decided to give up. I reassembled my Sprint Pre- and it works. I reassembled my PRE2 and went to the Palm/rom site to doctor. I even used am different Palm USB cable. I received the same cannot connect error after 12%-13%. I then decided to use another computer. Repeated the whole process several times with fresh downloads from the Palm/rom site. Same result. Just to be clear, this is a Pre2 with original comm board, different computer (never before used for this purpose) using the stock WebOS doctor and download from the Palm/rom site.

    Could I have hosed the ROM? Is there a fix? Any suggestions appreciated.
  19.    #3339  
    Did you change the USB cable?

    -- Rod
  20. #3340  
    geez....I'll just wait for the Pre 3. I can't go through all this just to obtain an update we should already have gotten from HP/Palm

Posting Permissions