Page 166 of 217 FirstFirst ... 66116156161162163164165166167168169170171176216 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Gotcha. So im guessing 60677 is the most current PRL... Perfect thanks Xanadu! So is the Dr. Skipped Firstuse a big deal? The wiki doesnt get into the specifics and trying to search on precentral is a needle in a haystack...
    I have not had luck transferring the PRL from a 1.4.5 Pre to my 2.1 Pre. I wonder if all these success stories come from updating the PRL first before switching to 2.1 on the same device.
    Ok, I'm back and trying this update again. (thanks to all who offered help previously!!)

I did steps 1-3 on the Wiki page for a Verizon Pre+. This included using the Universal Novacom Driver Installer to update my drivers as the Palm SDK download was taking too long.

I followed the steps in the Doctor to where it was in the battery charger stage per meta-doctor (the Doctor had the 0% with the moving bar behind it).

My phone showed the USB symbol and the Doctor said it was charging. The "We were unable to reset your phone" error message came up and meta-doctor indicated "flashing failed, move failed card". I clicked done on the Doctor and hit the power on the phone which restarted it and unplugged it.

I went back to step 3 on the Wiki page and began there again, plugging the phone in when told to and clicking Next. The Battery Charging came up and the moving bar was again behind the 0%, but the phone didn't have the USB logo so I powered it down, unplugged it from the computer, held the volume up button and plugged it back into the computer. The USB logo came back up, but the next button on the Doctor was still grayed out so exited from it and went back to Step 3 from the Wiki, unplugging the phone from the computer (USB logo still up).

When told to plug the phone in, I did so but the Doctor didn't see the Pre+ so restarted the phone and unplugged it from the computer. When it restarted, plugged it into the computer but no options came up and the Doctor still didn't see it. Unplugged it again and restarted Novacom, chose just charge and clicked on Next.

The Doctor began the Battery Charging again with the phone showing the USB logo, ran for a bit and errored out with unable to reset your phone.

I hope this is not too little/much info to get some help on what's going on so I can get this update done. Thanks in advance.

Update: I thought my problem might be related to the procedure from this post when I 'd planned on keeping Classic: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ate-2-0-a.html so I followed their instructions to change things back (am assuming it went right).

Restarted the Doctor (Novacomd restarted itself) and plugged the phone in when directed, choosing Just Charge, and clicking Next. The Battery Charging bar showed up, the USB on the phone showed up, and..... "We were unable to reset your phone".

Closed the Doctor, unplugged the phone from the computer (leaving the USB logo still up) and restarted the Doctor (Novacomd restarted itself). Now the Next is accessable without the phone being connected so I connected the phone and clicked next. Battery Charging screen up again and after an hour of no change closed the Doctor out and reset the phone.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but nothing seems to be working right here.
    Last edited by toaste; 03/28/2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: new info
    So i read in another thread concerning novacomd not getting recognized. Two things you can do.

Go into windows task manager and then go to services and make sure novacomd is running (just right click it and go to start service)

The novacomd installer worked fine for me after a few tries... To be honest it took a few tries for me

It will not commence the doctoring until it gets recognized as palm novacomd "bootie" so look out for that!

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    I have not had luck transferring the PRL from a 1.4.5 Pre to my 2.1 Pre. I wonder if all these success stories come from updating the PRL first before switching to 2.1 on the same device.
    I don't think the device will matter as far as it being the same phone...

As long as you follow the wiki and use novaterm you should be fine. The PRL.tar.gz thing will sit in your USB drive as a .rar file. That was how it was for me at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by Srycantthnk View Post
    So i read in another thread concerning novacomd not getting recognized. Two things you can do.

Go into windows task manager and then go to services and make sure novacomd is running (just right click it and go to start service)

The novacomd installer worked fine for me after a few tries... To be honest it took a few tries for me

It will not commence the doctoring until it gets recognized as palm novacomd "bootie" so look out for that!

Hope that helps
    I stopped and restarted Novacom and tried it all again. I'm pretty sure it's communicating as after I plug the phone in and click next, the screen changes to the USB symbol. Then the Doctor eventually times out and the phone can only be reset. I'll try a few more times, see if it eventually "catches".
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I'll try a few more times, see if it eventually "catches".
    You know you just reminded me... Try not plugging the phone until AFTER you install novacomd while using the doctor. Basically plug the phone in when the green bar doesn't move anymore after allowing "novacomd x86" to install and it SHOULD work
    Quote Originally Posted by Srycantthnk View Post
    You know you just reminded me... Try not plugging the phone until AFTER you install novacomd while using the doctor. Basically plug the phone in when the green bar doesn't move anymore after allowing "novacomd x86" to install and it SHOULD work
    Thanks for that. I've gotten it to go further now except it's stuck at 1% and holding. I know the phone was charged to over 90% before this started so am trying to search for a reason for this new development. Thanks again.
    No problem! I never had it chill at 1% though that i have no idea what to do. Might have to re-meta-doctor it. Hell I think i had to restart my computer at one point to get anything to happen! Good luck... 2.1 is worth it man
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I can't report on mobile hotspot, but I will say that text messages do not work. I think this will change many people's decisions, as I am reverting back to 1.4.5.

EDIT: Just like to add that earlier I noticed on my *real* palm profile that it was not listed at all on Palm's website. I could log into it but there was nothing to manage, no os version. When I reverted with the official 1.4.5 doctor, my palm profile loaded completely with NO problems.
    That's interesting and good to know. I'm thinking about switching back myself since 2.1 has had some major hang-ups on my Pre- and not working as well as I expected when it comes to Photos (saving), SMS, or otherwise. May just try to switch back doctoring back to 1.4.5 and seeing if my old profile will work even though it moved during my testing of 2.1 to a 2.1 profile.

Did you by chance use a backup profile when you did your test with 2.1? Thanks, Sorli...
  11.    #3311  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    That's interesting and good to know. I'm thinking about switching back myself since 2.1 has had some major hang-ups on my Pre- and not working as well as I expected when it comes to Photos (saving), SMS, or otherwise. May just try to switch back doctoring back to 1.4.5 and seeing if my old profile will work even though it moved during my testing of 2.1 to a 2.1 profile.

Did you by chance use a backup profile when you did your test with 2.1? Thanks, Sorli...
    You might want to note that this thread has had 3000 additional posts since the one you quoted, and the bold text in the one you quoted is most definitely not the case.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You might want to note that this thread has had 3000 additional posts since the one you quoted, and the bold text in the one you quoted is most definitely not the case.

-- Rod
    What did you just say, it must be late and I'll catch up on this tomorrow, but for moment your reply makes no since or is kind of a request to stop posting about these problems. Don't know really, but I'm just replying too other peoples post relevant to my difficulties.

If this is a problem, please let me know and sorry I'm wasting your time. Sorli...
  13.    #3313  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    What did you just say, it must be late and I'll catch up on this tomorrow, but for moment your reply makes no since or is kind of a request to stop posting about these problems. Don't know really, but I'm just replying too other peoples post relevant to my difficulties.

If this is a problem, please let me know and sorry I'm wasting your time. Sorli...
    The post you quoted, from over 3000 posts ago, says in bold that text messages do not work. That is clearly not the case. Any relevance from that post was probably lost over 2000 posts ago.

If you are having difficulties, post a single smart question (see the first post) about them, rather than quoting outdated and incorrect posts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is it true that when I upgrade my pre- to webos 2.1.0 I get the chance to re-activate my phone so I can use the appstore and buy new apps?
    Is it true that when I upgrade my pre- to webos 2.1.0 I get the chance to re-activate my phone so I can use the appstore and buy new apps?
  16.    #3316  
    Quote Originally Posted by storko View Post
    It is not. Your access to the app catalog will remain exactly as it was before you upgraded.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by storko View Post
    I've purchased the Precentral documentation after installing 2.1.0, so yes, you can use the appstore to purchase apps
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The post you quoted, from over 3000 posts ago, says in bold that text messages do not work. That is clearly not the case. Any relevance from that post was probably lost over 2000 posts ago.

If you are having difficulties, post a single smart question (see the first post) about them, rather than quoting outdated and incorrect posts.

-- Rod
    Rod, thanks for the reply and yes I did not realize that the post that was quoted was from 2000 posts ago and not new information. I also know understand what you mean and appreciate the feedback...since posts like mine only add to the 4000 posts this forum message will have when done. Thanks again! Sorli...
    I've got an odd issue. I keep getting an error 8%+ through the doctor saying "Phone Error Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved" and it has a cloud background.

The Pre is an original ATT Pre +, BUT the radio is from an unlocked GSM North America Pre 2. Should I be running the ATT 2.1 meta-doctor for the Pre + or is there another path I should be taking that has not been considered?

A little history, I had Plused my Sprint Pre several months ago and did the manual token swap meta doctor on both the Sprint Pre + and the ATT Pre - to have both running. The ATT Pre - was given to a friend in need of a new phone on ATT. I then upgraded the Pre + to a 2 and was trying to revert the Sprint Pre + to a "unlocked GSM" North American Pre +.

I've also tried the memboot procedure, but this does not seem to help.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Background part:
    I have 2 Sprint Pre -.
    I flashed them both with 2.1.0 meta doc process, just to get the process down and practiced... and the process all appeared to work fine.

On first pre -:
    Then finding that first use HAD to be run, I backed up the resulting sprint-pre2.1.0 dr, and tried again with the --wifi-only option on one of them, I am using as a dev unit that wont have carrier service.... followed advise here to make sure I had wifi working and linked then run Gesture Tutorial => which in this 2.1.0 apparently runs first use... set up a profile... all is well.

QUESTION background part:
    On the other pre-:
    Doctored with the meta-doc process, I called Sprint and transfered service to the device, keeping the tech with me via phone in case I had any issues. First use went through... said phone was activated, then asked me to create a Palm profile.... got to "Checking Email..." and then it would fail....
    The tech had me bring up the key pad via "Emergency Call" option and
    type in ##MSL# (where MSL is the MSL for my phone -- it is different for each user based on your your phones unique identifyer) to change MSID -- both options on phone to my real phone number... then try a test call, which worked and showed correct caller id.
    Then he had me reboot via orange+sym+r... and go through first use again....
    He is saying first use is failing because I don't have a data connection yet, even though calls out and in work in the emergency call screen.

We are at an impass, that involves either using insurance to replace the device or buying a replacement....(the sprint rep knows they arent selling them anymore, and can send me a replacement under insurance (the power key sticks and sometime doesnt work, its possible the data radio is having issues too.)) I will want 2.1.0 on the replacement either way.

Question part:
    If I meta-doctor with --wifi-only, and then create wifi connection before running first use, that works for a "dev" pre but radio wont work.
    THERFORE:
    If I run meta-doctor to skip first use on an activated phone, create wifi
    connection and then run first use, I'm thinking first use would complete, and then the phone could be used (unless it has some damage to the data radio I am unaware of)
    (I read in this forum that you could run a doctor that pre-configures the wifi, too, so that is an option as well)
    SO: Q1: If I run meta-doctor again, skipping first use, then run-first use with wifi, is there anything that won't work right (saw posts about catalog not working right/profile version issues, etc.)
    Q2: What is the correct way to run meta-doctor to skip first use with the intention that this phone will be used on sprint, with access to the 2.1.0 app catalog?