Page 163 of 217 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    ][*] Please start quoting at least *SOME* of what you're replying to so people know what you're talking about and to.

Sorry, will be more diligent about this.
    [*] Try using this to reinstall the novacom service: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals Yes, it's from the Wiki.

I used the Download SDK option from Installing the SDK-PDK on Windows – HP webOS Developer Center earlier today when I started this process. Could it be corrupted already? Will redownload it again and restart.
    As I download the SDK file, I noticed that it's now Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-2.1.0-519-x64.exe and all the previous files were Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-1.4.5-465-x64.exe. odd that it changed.
  3.    #3243  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    As I download the SDK file, I noticed that it's now Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-2.1.0-519-x64.exe and all the previous files were Palm_webOS_SDK-Win-1.4.5-465-x64.exe. odd that it changed.
    Not really that odd that version numbers change when a new version is released ...

-- Rod
    2.1 SDK released yesterday.

BTW Use the Quote button in the message to quote it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I see the scripts have been updated to use the SFR image instead of the O2 image, but I've not seen any comment about benefits to this. Do I have any reason to upgrade again? I've got a VZW Pre+.
    sorry for asking this yet again, but is the question being missed or is there just no answer?
    Hi,

I'm having a problems with my Sprint-GSM. It don't show up the incoming calls, and shows up a notification that I missed a call; after people on the other side hang up ...

I don't know if it have something related to GSM board and CDMA firmware ?

i used the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script to upgrade.

Please help me.
    Thanks a lot.
    OK, used Mr Robitaille's novacom installer (much faster than the SDK website) and restarted the process starting again with Cygwin. Got as far as before and the next option in doctor was still grayed out. I put my Pre into developer mode and it was still not seen by the doctor.

I exited developer mode, doctor and Cygwin. I restarted Cygwin and the doctor with the Pre still off and the USB disconnected from the computer. When told to connect the phone, held the up volume and plugged the cord back into the computer with no change in the doctor.

I'm open to more suggestions and will try a few more times before I get some sleep.
    Thanks
    Just successfully updated my sprint Pre- from v1.4.5 to v2.1 using the latest updated scripts from March 19. I used Windows 7 with CYGWIN. I now have an active Pre- running v2.1 on Sprint network just fine. I also never cleared out my v1.4.5 profile, just left it, and after logging into it on the live v2.1 pre-, it downloaded all my apps, and settings just fine.

I haven't loaded any of the overclocked kernels yet, it is running the stock speed, and seems just as fast (slow would be a better word) as v1.4.5.

Took a few tries to get the meta-doctor to recognize the pre connection to the computer, it would just stay at the Checking Battery...

Had to perform the recovery steps to get the meta-doctor to see it properly...

-Plug the USB cable into your computer. Do not connect the other end to your device yet.
    -Remove the battery from the device.
    -Hold down the device's volume up button.
    -Insert the USB cable into the device.
    -Re-insert the battery.
    -Release the volume up button.

Also, try a reboot of your PC if the pre isn't recognized by meta-doctor, reboot and then re-run the meta doctor with the command "java -jar <full pathname to webos2.1 jar created in scripts>

Thanks to all.

-T
    Last edited by carterti; 03/20/2011 at 10:22 PM.
    OK, used Mr Robitaille's novacom installer (much faster than the SDK website) and restarted the process starting again with Cygwin. Got as far as before and the next option in doctor was still grayed out. I put my Pre into developer mode and it was still not seen by the doctor.

I exited developer mode, doctor and Cygwin. I restarted Cygwin and the doctor with the Pre still off and the USB disconnected from the computer. When told to connect the phone, held the up volume and plugged the cord back into the computer with no change in the doctor.

I'm open to more suggestions and will try a few more times before I get some sleep.
    Thanks
    Before clicking Next at the webos doctor screen, ensure the phone is in Developer mode first and connected to your computer and select "Just charge."

It'll also help if you list step-by-step what you're doing (including which Step of the webOS 2 Upgrade wiki) and where you're running into issues.

Your post seem to indicate you're clicking Next and then trying to put the phone in Developer mode which is not the correct sequence.

You have to help us help you
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~

you might try restarting novacomd at that point. you can either do it from services.msc (Palm Novacom or something like that), or from a administrator command prompt - "net stop novacomd" and "net start novacomd"
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I finally upgraded my sprint Pre- to 2.1.0.

My initial thought was that i was going back to 1.4.5.. The phone was freezing and laggy.

Installed UK and running at 500/100 screenstate
    Permanent compcache 32MB <----------This made a huge huge difference.

Sprint Nav Works...
    Flash is still laggy at best....

Happy with the upgrade now....

Waiting on some and specific homebrew apps/patches

Will donate to webosinternals for the excellent work...

This will hold me over until Pre 3
    updated my AT&T Palm Pre Plus from 1.4.5 to 2.0 Successfully ! Following the wiki's MedaDoctor Instructions then the WebOS 2 Upgrade Instructions it was pretty easy and i don't know how to do terminal stuff!

There is some type of lag going on, maybe it's because its restoring all of the programs? idk.. lets hope thats the reason why.

Thank you!!! ^_^

EDIT:
    Okay after installing the flash support on my palm pre, when i tried surfing the web, i'm getting these javascript glitches, Javascript tries to refresh the page over and over again. (Never stops refreshing) is this a known problem? How can i fix this issue? When i turn off javascript, the pages look fine, or when i go into mobile websites (m.facebook.com or x.facebook.com) i experience no problems.

Also, I backed up my palmdatabase.db3 and it's not working. What can i use to transfer my text messages and call history over? I'm more than willing to downgrade back to 1.4.5 and rebackup everything with another program and reflsh, i have no problem. i just would like my information.

thanks!
    Last edited by bioshock.rocks; 03/21/2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    sorry for asking this yet again, but is the question being missed or is there just no answer?
    maybe there isn't difference between SFR and O2
    CMIIW
    I used the old one(maybe the O2) on my verizone pre+
    maybe I will try the new script tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    updated my AT&T Palm Pre Plus from 1.4.5 to 2.0 Successfully ! Following the wiki's MedaDoctor Instructions then the WebOS 2 Upgrade Instructions it was pretty easy and i don't know how to do terminal stuff!

There is some type of lag going on, maybe it's because its restoring all of the programs? idk.. lets hope thats the reason why.

Thank you!!! ^_^

EDIT:
    Okay after installing the flash support on my palm pre, when i tried surfing the web, i'm getting these javascript glitches, Javascript tries to refresh the page over and over again. (Never stops refreshing) is this a known problem? How can i fix this issue? When i turn off javascript, the pages look fine, or when i go into mobile websites (m.facebook.com or x.facebook.com) i experience no problems.

Also, I backed up my palmdatabase.db3 and it's not working. What can i use to transfer my text messages and call history over? I'm more than willing to downgrade back to 1.4.5 and rebackup everything with another program and reflsh, i have no problem. i just would like my information.

thanks!
    -unistall the patch browser(if u have installed it) and the flash (from preware it can be found on the unknown list)
    -restart luna
    -install the flash ipk from preware (don't install it from quickinstall 4.04)

-
    Sprint Pre- with v2.1 installed. I seem to get an error logging into the Facebook v1.5 app. "Unknown PalmCall Failure"

I am able to successfully login on the phone via web to the mobile facebook site without any issues.

I have deleted the facebook app, and reinstalled. and also removed the facebook account from accounts.

Anyone have this problem logging into facebook app on Sprint pre with v2.1?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I'm rockin' 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre minus. Thank you guys so much! I already made my second monetary contribution to this awesome cause a couple weeks ago.

This is mostly a success story, but there *are* caveats:

- My first attempt at meta-doctoring had BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1 in the Makefile. This resulted in failure to ask for my Palm Profile credentials. My second attempt at doctoring, with that variable unset, worked. So yeah, I wouldn't recommend setting that variable.

- If you're using an original Palm Pre minus, one *really* needs to install Govnah and UberKernel then using something like Screenstate 500/1000 *ASAP* after getting 2.1.0 up and running. Suggestion: make this an option in the Makefile in a similar vein to INSTALL_PREWARE or whatever it's called.

- OpenSearch (that thing where you visit a web site that supports it and you're supposed to see a notification) stopped working for me at some point. I posted a separate thread about this: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ng-anyone.html
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post

- If you're using an original Palm Pre minus, one *really* needs to install Govnah and UberKernel then using something like Screenstate 500/1000 *ASAP* after getting 2.1.0 up and running. Suggestion: make this an option in the Makefile in a similar vein to INSTALL_PREWARE or whatever it's called.
    I agree that OC'ing is required for Pre-. The trouble is some 'weakling' Pre-s can't handle it. It's probably more the case of saying, if your Pre- can't handle overclocking you maybe should not update to 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla88 View Post
    -unistall the patch browser(if u have installed it) and the flash (from preware it can be found on the unknown list)
    -restart luna
    -install the flash ipk from preware (don't install it from quickinstall 4.04)

-

Hello! thanks for your reply! I was wondering what feed is the Flash ipk in? I cant seem to find it anymore in the unknown list... and if i select all of the feeds, Preware hangs on Complete (when all feeds are loaded/downloaded)
  18.    #3258  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I agree that OC'ing is required for Pre-. The trouble is some 'weakling' Pre-s can't handle it. It's probably more the case of saying, if your Pre- can't handle overclocking you maybe should not update to 2.1.0
    There are very very few devices that cannot run the UberKernel at 1GHz.

Having said that, we won't be automating the installation of Preware or UberKernel in the meta-scripts, mainly cause we don't have a 100% reliable way of doing it at that point, but do have a 100% reliable way of installing them later by the user.

-- Rod
    I am worried that the new compcache setting on webos 2.1 could cause problems with my pre plus.

Ever since I first got the phone, it has write errors when transferring files to it via USB or wirelessly via FileZilla.

As for my previous issues, I did a secure full erase and then re-doctored to 1.4.5 and the problems are finally gone for now. This whole process was a real PITA. I will be staying at 1.4.5 until I am ready to get a new device. Such a shame because I really like the little time I had with webos 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    Hello! thanks for your reply! I was wondering what feed is the Flash ipk in? I cant seem to find it anymore in the unknown list... and if i select all of the feeds, Preware hangs on Complete (when all feeds are loaded/downloaded)
    As far as I know, the flash package is not in any feed. You need to create the .ipk file from a webos doctor and a .zip file.

Look for Jason Robitaille's post on it. Looks difficult, but its very easy once you get going. MAke sure you install it via preware (not webos Quick install). Lot of people were having problems via quick install.