Page 162 of 217 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172212 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    I don't think it's the USB port as the computer can see it when it's in USB mode and the doctor changes the screen to
    This was my problem too.
    I got it to work by moving my cable to the back USB port of my computer.

I could Doctor my Pre and move files in any USB port but it would not do the Meta-Doctor unless I hooked it up to the back ports.
    Hope this helps you.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

successful installed 2.1.0 on sprint pre-. Everything is running great but I do have drskipped firstuse under accounts. I ran the gesture app without probs. Device info and impostah show my correct profile and I can buy paid apps. Is there any particular reason to re- doctor at this point?
    I did as you suggested but still don't get the option to just charge or USB mode. I tried shutting the Pre down and then tried Device Restart. Now I'm going to restart Cygwin and see if I get any results. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I did as you suggested but still don't get the option to just charge or USB mode. I tried shutting the Pre down and then tried Device Restart. Now I'm going to restart Cygwin and see if I get any results. Thanks!
    Explain, step by step, exactly what you are doing.

M.
    OK, forgive me for asking a basic question, but I think there is a big ol elephant in the room and I just can't see it!
    I have a Sprint Pre- and I am using a Mac OSX 10.6.6. I installed xcode and macports from my Snow Leopard install disc. I have downloaded the palm sdk. And yes, I have read, reread, printed the wiki and done searches here at Precentral.

When I try to do my first installation on md5sum I get : Error: Port md5shalsum not found. I get stumped at the very start. Is there something terribly obvious that I missed? (And No, I don't want to get a PC).
    I'm sorry if I missed something in my searches. And Thank you for any help!

EDIT: I found the elephant!! I was typing md5shalsum instead of md5sha1sum!! I finally copied and pasted (duh!) instead of typing it myself. I guess I just had to step back a second. Thanks though! And thanks to all the internals folks for making my pre so much fun to own! I will donate again!
    Last edited by preternatural; 03/20/2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Solved it
    I've tried the volume up/power on but this just takes me into the regular mode where I'm not given the option for charge only or USB mode when the USB is plugged in (and the next option in doctor stays grayed out).

Is there something I'm not aware of that might be hindering me?
    It doesn't sound like you are doing the proper steps to get into bootie mode. With battery out, hold down up volume button and plug cable into phone and computer. You should see a battery icon and hear a usb noise from your computer. Then put in the battery and let go of the volume button. You should see the usb symbol on your pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It doesn't sound like you are doing the proper steps to get into bootie mode. With battery out, hold down up volume button and plug cable into phone and computer. You should see a battery icon and hear a usb noise from your computer. Then put in the battery and let go of the volume button. You should see the usb symbol on your pre.

Hokiee smokes, Bullwinkle! Why do people keep posting this incorrect stuff?!?

You DO NOT take the battery out. PERIOD. Shut your phone down. Pull the USB cable out of the computer. WHILE holding Volume Up, plug the cable back into the computer. Keep holding Vol Up until you se the USB symbol.

THAT'S IT! Don't take the battery out, don't rub your belly and pat your head, just shut it down and plug it into your PC WHILE holding Vol Up. It REALLY is that easy!

WOW!

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/20/2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by preternatural View Post
    OK, forgive me for asking a basic question, but I think there is a big ol elephant in the room and I just can't see it!
    I have a Sprint Pre- and I am using a Mac OSX 10.6.6. I installed xcode and macports from my Snow Leopard install disc. I have downloaded the palm sdk. And yes, I have read, reread, printed the wiki and done searches here at Precentral.

When I try to do my first installation on md5sum I get : Error: Port md5shalsum not found. I get stumped at the very start. Is there something terribly obvious that I missed? (And No, I don't want to get a PC).
    I'm sorry if I missed something in my searches. And Thank you for any help!
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

"Install md5sum"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hokiee smokes, Bullwinkle! Why do people keep posting this incorrect stuff?!?

You DO NOT take the battery out. PERIOD. Shut your phone down. Pull the USB cable out of the computer. WHILE holding Volume up, plug the cable back into the computer. Keep holding Vol Up until you se the USB symbol.

THAT'S IT! Don't take th battery out, don't rub your belly and pat your head, just shut it down and plug it into your PC WHILE holding Vol Up. It REALLY is that easy!

WOW!

M.
    As described here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

;-)
    I start Cygwin Bash Shell. Then I cd meta-doctor, git pull, & make clobber. Next is ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 & allow it to run.

In doctor, I choose English-United States and next then confirm English and accept license agreement and next again.

I tell Win7 yes to start novacom installer x64 and the doctor tells me to plug in my phone which still isn't giving me the option to charge, etc. and the next button in doctor is grayed out, so will take the battery out and put it back in, letting it reboot.

After the phone boots up, no change from above so shut it down and hold volume up/power on, still no change so rebooted the computer.

Reboot done, Pre+ giving me the charge and etc options, restarted Cygwin and followed the same steps above till the doctor says to connect the phone but the next option stays grayed (it is seen by the computer in USP mode, though).

X out of doctor and close Cygwin. Restart Cygwin just to see if anything is different... and it's not. Frustrating.
    Thanks for the clarification. I did get to the USB symbol, but the next option in doctor was still grayed out so will X it close and restart Cygwin again.

restarted metadoctor and when it didn't see the Pre even when put into developer mode and the USB symbol came up. This is such a bummer!
    Last edited by toaste; 03/20/2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: updating progress
    Thanks for the clarification. I did get to the USB symbol, but the next option in doctor was still grayed out so will X it close and restart Cygwin again.
    Did you try running the doctor that was created in the build directory straight from Windows? You don't need to run cygwin once the doctor is built, which it seems it has been.
    I thought about that, but didn't write down how to find it or what of the 164 pages here it was on. Do you have where to look?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.allrobots.org View Post
    As described here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

;-)

Yes, yes. I know Rod's going to e-yell at me when he gets home for not just posting that, but sometimes...

M.
    the doctor tells me to plug in my phone which still isn't giving me the option to charge, etc. and the next button in doctor is grayed out

Novacom's not running.

Right-Click My Computer --> Manage --> Services --> Novacom (or whatever it says on Windows, it's been a while). Stop the service, and then start it, and try The Doctor again.

(I don't see this part in the Wiki, I'll get it in there in just a sec - or look harder...).

#######
    # EDIT:

Done:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...roubleshooting

#######

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/20/2011 at 07:47 PM.
  16.    #3236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Yes, yes. I know Rod's going to e-yell at me when he gets home for not just posting that, but sometimes...

M.
    You would think so after a 15 hour flight that was delayed by 3 hours on the taxiway, but I'm far more relaxed than that

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You would think so after a 15 hour flight that was delayed by 3 hours on the taxiway, but I'm far more relaxed than that

-- Rod

It's all the booze with Adora that kept you loosened up.

M.
    did as you suggested to restart Novacom, restarted Cygwin but the doctor was still not giving me the next so I followed the steps to get into developer mode which did bring up the USB symbol but the next was still grayed out.

I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere along here for some reason.
    did as you suggested to restart Novacom, restarted Cygwin but the doctor was still not giving me the next so I followed the steps to get into developer mode which did bring up the USB symbol but the next was still grayed out.

Is your cable good?

Two things:

• Please start quoting at least *SOME* of what you're replying to so people know what you're talking about and to.
    • Try using this to reinstall the novacom service: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals Yes, it's from the Wiki.

M.