Page 161 of 217 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zathrath03 View Post
    The new scripts worked perfectly!
    Worked great for me as well (Sprint Pre). Got everything running working on 2.1 including Uberkernel overclocking. Thanks Rod!
  2.    #3202  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I just noticed that one too ... I have deleted the accounts in the past, but not recently. I do have several calendars in my google account and over 1k contacts.

The one thing I did not try was to wipe the palm profile before the upgrade since it appeared to have worked and converted with no problem. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.
    Just be patient and wait. The contacts linker service may take hours and hours to do 1K contacts, and your Pre- phone will be over-taxed while it is doing it.

Put it on a touchstone and go do something else for a while.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just be patient and wait. The contacts linker service may take hours and hours to do 1K contacts, and your Pre- phone will be over-taxed while it is doing it.

Put it on a touchstone and go do something else for a while.

-- Rod
    Hours and hours is okay but days and days whilst locking up every hour is not good.

I wiped my palm profile and restarted everything from scratch again ... So far so good. The system is not slowing down and the memory is not filling up. Knock on wood, this may have done the trick. I'll report back tomorrow after the sync is done. Thanks for all your input, folks!
    I see the scripts have been updated to use the SFR image instead of the O2 image, but I've not seen any comment about benefits to this. Do I have any reason to upgrade again? I've got a VZW Pre+.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Hours and hours is okay but days and days whilst locking up every hour is not good.

I wiped my palm profile and restarted everything from scratch again ... So far so good. The system is not slowing down and the memory is not filling up. Knock on wood, this may have done the trick. I'll report back tomorrow after the sync is done. Thanks for all your input, folks!
    I had similar problems. I have over 700 google contacts, quite a few google calendars, lots of facebook and linked in contacts, an IMAP email account plus aol and yahoo accounts with very little. After doctoring, the phone was a mess. I would get too many cards errors for no reason. It was sluggish. And it never completed the sync. I finally deleted ALL of the accounts, then added them back one at a time and gave it hours for each one before going to the next. It seemed that doing them all at once was just too much for Synergy to handle. This made the phone a happy responsive phone again.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I see the scripts have been updated to use the SFR image instead of the O2 image, but I've not seen any comment about benefits to this. Do I have any reason to upgrade again? I've got a VZW Pre+.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I had similar problems. I have over 700 google contacts, quite a few google calendars, lots of facebook and linked in contacts, an IMAP email account plus aol and yahoo accounts with very little. After doctoring, the phone was a mess. I would get too many cards errors for no reason. It was sluggish. And it never completed the sync. I finally deleted ALL of the accounts, then added them back one at a time and gave it hours for each one before going to the next. It seemed that doing them all at once was just too much for Synergy to handle. This made the phone a happy responsive phone again.

Dave
    I'm not sure if it will help, but i would suggest also using a fast wifi connection, instead of 3G.
    I seem to be having a lot of problems with Preware after updating to 2.1.

Anytime I load the Palm Catalog feed, it locks up preware and wont work. Specifically, when I tap on "list of everything." I then have to close Preware and restart to get anywhere. If I turn off the Palm Catalog feed, Preware seems to work as normal.

I tried to delete Preware, then reinstall. But it wouldnt show up in WOSQI after deleting it. So I have to re-doctor, same thing the second time now. Preware doesnt work right when loading the palm catalog feed.
    I've successfully upgraded my FrankenPre ( Sprint with GSM board ) to WebOS 2.1. I used the script meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 and it worked like a miracle.

Special thanks to webos-internal team and rwhitby ! You make my day !
    It looks like I found the problem ... I had a shared calendar in my google account that was no longer valid. 1.4.5 didn't care, but 2.1 was getting hung up on it. I deleted the calendar from google, deleted and re-added the account to my Pre and all is good! I now have a question about the calendar not letting me add events to any other google calendar than the default but I won't clutter this thread with that one ...

Thanks to bill.allrobots.org for pointing out that the endar.google.jsjsjs $was$ $the$ $calendar$ $sync$ $thread$ $otherwise$ $I$'$d$ $still$ $be$ $pulling$ $my$ $hair$ $out$! $I$ $figured$ $it$ $was$ $just$ $a$ $bad$ $reference$ $to$ $Return$ $of$ $the$ $Jedi$. $B$)

Also, a personal thanks to rwhitby and the whole webOS-internals team that continues to make this the best device I've owned!
    It looks like I found the problem ... I had a shared calendar in my google account that was no longer valid. 1.4.5 didn't care, but 2.1 was getting hung up on it. I deleted the calendar from google, deleted and re-added the account to my Pre and all is good! I now have a question about the calendar not letting me add events to any other google calendar than the default but I won't clutter this thread with that one ...

Thanks to bill.allrobots.org for pointing out that the endar.google.jsjsjs $was$ $the$ $calendar$ $sync$ $thread$ $otherwise$ $I$'$d$ $still$ $be$ $pulling$ $my$ $hair$ $out$! $I$ $figured$ $it$ $was$ $just$ $a$ $bad$ $reference$ $to$ $Return$ $of$ $the$ $Jedi$.

My launch-day Pre- is now running 2.1 and is smooth as butter! A personal thanks to rwhitby and the whole webOS-internals team that continues to make this the best device I've owned!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I seem to be having a lot of problems with Preware after updating to 2.1.

Anytime I load the Palm Catalog feed, it locks up preware and wont work. Specifically, when I tap on "list of everything." I then have to close Preware and restart to get anywhere. If I turn off the Palm Catalog feed, Preware seems to work as normal.

I tried to delete Preware, then reinstall. But it wouldnt show up in WOSQI after deleting it. So I have to re-doctor, same thing the second time now. Preware doesnt work right when loading the palm catalog feed.
    I'm having a problem too -- if I choose palm catalog, along with other stock feeds, it gets to "complete" and never finishes "loading" on killing the card and reopening... telling it not to update feeds... same thing.

The only way I can get it to work is if I turn off all feeds BUT palm catalog. or turn on all feeds But Palm Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    I'm having a problem too -- if I choose palm catalog, along with other stock feeds, it gets to "complete" and never finishes "loading" on killing the card and reopening... telling it not to update feeds... same thing.

The only way I can get it to work is if I turn off all feeds BUT palm catalog. or turn on all feeds But Palm Catalog.
    did you use save/restore at all? I think my problem may be related to that.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    did you use save/restore at all? I think my problem may be related to that.
    That's when my problems started, too. I think my posts on the matter are in the Preware thread. I ran Lumberjack (everything) and got a JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$ $and$ $a$ $JS$ $script$ $execution$ $terminated$. $It$'$s$ $Greek$ $to$ $me$, $but$ $maybe$ $a$ $clue$.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Oh, and it seems to still be installed even after attempted removal, which is why WOSQI won't list it again. See my posts in the Preware thread.
    So I'm having small issue. My Internet has stopped working on my Mac during a script execution in terminal. The computer needs to be restarted, and the script has stopped due to a lack of Internet access. Specifically, it's the second script that needed ran for the meta-doctor installation. What should I do? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    sorry man, no hard feelings - I shouldn't have said it that way. anyway, did you get it working? (edit: I had to reformat ubuntu virtualbox and start afresh - didn't take that long and I have rebuilt a new doctor for testing with my att/pre-minus (made from leftover parts).
    No hard feelings either. I sometimes get excited when I'm learning something new and I don't know when I cross the point of bothering people with my enthusiasm.

Yes I got it running with "git stash" then after that ran, I did another "git pull" followed by a "make clobber". I had no problem with starting the script after that.
    Edit: I'm using Cygwin
    Last edited by setinhere; 03/20/2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    So I'm having small issue. My Internet has stopped working on my Mac during a script execution in terminal. The computer needs to be restarted, and the script has stopped due to a lack of Internet access. Specifically, it's the second script that needed ran for the meta-doctor installation. What should I do? Thanks
    Internet connection is required to download the necessary jar files. Not sure how this can be accomplished without internet connection or those jar files.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    I think start over after a reboot. Delete the meta-doctor folder and restart the process to be safe.
    ok, I've read every page on this thread, read the wiki page numerous times and followed it's directions to no avail.

I've been trying off and on for about 2 weeks to get my Verizon Pre+ doctored and keep going no where. Either I get the message that phone is disconnected during the charging phase or it not located. I don't think it's the USB port as the computer can see it when it's in USB mode and the doctor changes the screen to

I've restarted the Cygwin process each time, did git pull and make clobber, re-downloaded SDK...

I've tried the volume up/power on but this just takes me into the regular mode where I'm not given the option for charge only or USB mode when the USB is plugged in (and the next option in doctor stays grayed out).

Is there something I'm not aware of that might be hindering me?