Page 160 of 217 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170210 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    if it worked for you then cool. O/w you are making this a bigger deal than it has to be. If make clobber and git pull don't work clearly it's cuz somehow your script files got edited/changed...no worries, just

cd ..
    rm -R meta-doctor

then start over the process of redownloading metadoctor (remember you're only downloading the scripts, it doesn't take that long to start over).
    I had no idea that I was making this a "...bigger deal than it has to be." Thank you for pointing this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    keep running into this error...vzw, pre plus. followed the steps of the wiki (i think), replaced my name with ----

----PC ~
    $ cd meta-doctor

----~/meta-doctor
    $ ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
    which: no patch in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/c
    ygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x
    86)/Common Files/Roxio Shared/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common F
    iles/Roxio Shared/10.0/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/QuickTime/QTSys
    tem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Palm/PDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)
    /Palm/SDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom:/usr/lib/lapa
    ck)
    Cannot find patch. Please install it.

---- ~/meta-doctor
    $
    run the Cygwyn's "setup.exe" program that you ran to install it and install "patch", along with the other packages that are in the Wiki.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Sorry for disappearing after my last question (about not being able to install patches). I re-doctored and the patches were able to be applied.

So, now, here's the issue ... It appears that something on 2.1 is just gobbling up all my device's RAM and swap space which then causes the unit to freeze up or more accurately slow to a crawl so it won't respond to any input. I've watched in through the terminal with top. This happens with no patches or custom kernels applied as well as with Uberkernel or any of the other kernels too. It's worse with the custom ones since the stock kernel just throws the TMC error (with no cards loaded) and won't let me load anything new instead of "freezing."

I need a reliable phone, so I'm probably going to have to flash back to 1.4, but I'd really love to figure this out so I can stay with 2.1. If anyone has any ideas or anything I can use to test where the memory leak (or whatever this may be) is, I'd be happy to take some directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Sorry for disappearing after my last question (about not being able to install patches). I re-doctored and the patches were able to be applied.

So, now, here's the issue ... It appears that something on 2.1 is just gobbling up all my device's RAM and swap space which then causes the unit to freeze up or more accurately slow to a crawl so it won't respond to any input. I've watched in through the terminal with top. This happens with no patches or custom kernels applied as well as with Uberkernel or any of the other kernels too. It's worse with the custom ones since the stock kernel just throws the TMC error (with no cards loaded) and won't let me load anything new instead of "freezing."

I need a reliable phone, so I'm probably going to have to flash back to 1.4, but I'd really love to figure this out so I can stay with 2.1. If anyone has any ideas or anything I can use to test where the memory leak (or whatever this may be) is, I'd be happy to take some directions.
    If you're using top, shouldn't you be able to see what process is taking so much memory?
    Friggin frustrating ... As soon as I posted this I looked at the device and for the first time in 4 doctors trying different kernel combos and settings it appears to be running properly. Now I'm afraid to reboot it in case it goes back to the prior behavior!

As of right now, I'm running it with the F105 kernel with the cfq disable patch and no other patched installed ... I guess we'll see how long it lasts or if it will revert back to crap.

This has been going on through several doctors as I said before, so any brainstorming in case the issue returns would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.allrobots.org View Post
    If you're using top, shouldn't you be able to see what process is taking so much memory?
    It was webmgr (or something close to that). I don't have it set to look at it right now.
    Yep, this thing must be listening to me ... Memory and swap has now filled up again and the phone is non-responsive. It caps out at 235MB/103MB and grinds to a halt.

I'm gonna stop talking about it and wait for some insight.
    Yep, this thing must be listening to me ... Memory and swap has now filled up again and the phone is non-responsive. It caps out at 235MB/103MB and grinds to a halt.

I'm gonna stop talking about it and wait for some insight.
    Did you try to install the classic environment? webmgr is a Palm OS app, but I can't find any other references.
    Did you try to install the classic environment? webmgr is a Palm OS app, but I can't find any other references.
    No, never tried Classic.

At the time I was seeing it, my searches told me that it was the main Luna thread that handles all the cards if I remember correctly. I'll hook it up and pull top again to give you the right (complete) name of the thread.
    No, never tried Classic.

At the time I was seeing it, my searches told me that it was the main Luna thread that handles all the cards if I remember correctly. I'll hook it up and pull top again to give you the right (complete) name of the thread.
    I know you said this has survived several doctors, but have you tried ditching your current doctor and rebuilding 100% from the beginning?
    I know you said this has survived several doctors, but have you tried ditching your current doctor and rebuilding 100% from the beginning?
    Yes. In fact, the current system is running on a fresh build as of last night. I wiped the whole meta-doctor directory and started from scratch.
    Yes. In fact, the current system is running on a fresh build as of last night. I wiped the whole meta-doctor directory and started from scratch.
    Does this happen when nothing at all is installed on the 2.1 stock system? Does it happen when nothing is running?
    Does this happen when nothing at all is installed on the 2.1 stock system? Does it happen when nothing is running?
    Yes. On the stock 2.1, instead of freezing, I get the TMC error and can't load anything.
    Yes. On the stock 2.1, instead of freezing, I get the TMC error and can't load anything.
    So, with no cards open, you get the TMC error?
    So, with no cards open, you get the TMC error?
    Yes, after some time.

I just hooked it up and looked at top ... the thread using the most ram is WebAppMgr at about 30% of the total.

FWIW, it appears to be about an hour of idle before it goes haywire.
    For reference, here's a screenshot of top running on the non-responsive device ...

I'm more worried about endar.google.jsjsjs... $Is$ $this$ $Google$ $Calendar$ $sync$?

Have you tried deleting your accounts and readding them? What about signing into a different Palm account?

How long have you tried letting this go for? Mine definitely is slow for a while when it's syncing for the first time. Have you tried giving it a bit and seeing if it resolves itself?
    I'm more worried about endar.google.jsjsjs... $Is$ $this$ $Google$ $Calendar$ $sync$?

Have you tried deleting your accounts and readding them? What about signing into a different Palm account?
    I just noticed that one too ... I have deleted the accounts in the past, but not recently. I do have several calendars in my google account and over 1k contacts.

The one thing I did not try was to wipe the palm profile before the upgrade since it appeared to have worked and converted with no problem. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.
    Can someone tell me why I am getting this error message with Preware after I updated my Sprint Pre Plus to 2.1?

Seems to only happen when I have to Palm Catalog feed enabled.

Also, it seems like Preware is still loading all of the v1.45 patches and apps. Is that normal.

------------

This is weird. After a restart (even though I have already restarted the phone multiple times, it now seems to have the 2.1 versions of patches and apps. I have no idea what is going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spade; 03/19/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    I had no idea that I was making this a "...bigger deal than it has to be." Thank you for pointing this out.
    sorry man, no hard feelings - I shouldn't have said it that way. anyway, did you get it working? (edit: I had to reformat ubuntu virtualbox and start afresh - didn't take that long and I have rebuilt a new doctor for testing with my att/pre-minus (made from leftover parts).