Page 16 of 217 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #301  
    Any posts which question the policy stated in the first post will be removed.

Feel free to question the fundamental ethics of WebOS Internals in another thread, and we will be happy to discuss that with you there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Bahh. Text messages don't work. This coupled with no support for music playlists is a deal breaker for me. I'm reverting back to 1.4.5 until these issues get addressed. 'Twas a fun day, I certainly learned a lot, and I got my small taste of 2.1.0 :P Awesome work Ron, and everyone else today!
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    i bet because of all the whining woi are thinking of releasing a meta meta doctor which will automatically build a meta doctor setup which will ...
    In general, I tend to develop the techniques, and deploy them in a manner which is most convenient for myself. A case in points is the Meta-Doctor Makefile, which is incredibly complex, but as a result is incredibly versatile in situations like we find ourselves today.

A simplified Meta-Doctor that did all the things we needed to do a week ago would be of no use to anyone today. Nor would it be of any use in experimenting to find out what we would have to do to make it useful.

I leave it to others to create more convenient subsets of Meta-Doctor functionality. As long as they give correct credit to WebOS Internals and don't try and sell it, I'm happy. If they sell a service based on it, we believe it is good manners to give back a percentage of sales as a donation (as is happening with WebOS World and their Sprint Pre 2 service).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rod,

I had to downgrade to 1.4.5 before I left work (something happened, phone stopped booting). I'll re-doctor this evening and test un-masqing it.

I'm also contemplating writing a shell script, but it'd be Sprint-specific.
    P.S.: For those of you wondering, unmodded 2.1.0 on a Pre+ beats the pants off of an unmodded 1.4.5 on a Pre+.

"Hardware limitations," my ****.
    A Strange Problem i just noticed... after flashing with 2.1.0 i cant get a data connection with trough my usb hub anymore, if i plug the pre directly into the mac it works fine..
    For those who have tried it on a verizon pre plus, any word on its effect on mobile hotspot? I'm preparing to take the plunge...
    Quote Originally Posted by mr dave is a nerd View Post
    For those who have tried it on a verizon pre plus, any word on its effect on mobile hotspot? I'm preparing to take the plunge...
    I can't report on mobile hotspot, but I will say that text messages do not work. I think this will change many people's decisions, as I am reverting back to 1.4.5.

EDIT: Just like to add that earlier I noticed on my *real* palm profile that it was not listed at all on Palm's website. I could log into it but there was nothing to manage, no os version. When I reverted with the official 1.4.5 doctor, my palm profile loaded completely with NO problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Rod,

I had to downgrade to 1.4.5 before I left work (something happened, phone stopped booting). I'll re-doctor this evening and test un-masqing it.

I'm also contemplating writing a shell script, but it'd be Sprint-specific.
    That would be fantastic! (Being Sprint-specific that is.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I can't report on mobile hotspot, but I will say that text messages do not work.
    Other folks have text messages working. We need to track down the difference in what you and they have done.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In general, I tend to develop the techniques, and deploy them in a manner which is most convenient for myself. A case in points is the Meta-Doctor Makefile, which is incredibly complex, but as a result is incredibly versatile in situations like we find ourselves today.

A simplified Meta-Doctor that did all the things we needed to do a week ago would be of no use to anyone today. Nor would it be of any use in experimenting to find out what we would have to do to make it useful.

I leave it to others to create more convenient subsets of Meta-Doctor functionality. As long as they give correct credit to WebOS Internals and don't try and sell it, I'm happy. If they sell a service based on it, we believe it is good manners to give back a percentage of sales as a donation (as is happening with WebOS World and their Sprint Pre 2 service).

-- Rod
    apart from everything you just said which is understood and an important point of view to know for everybody i want to make clear that what i said about a meta meta doctor was ment to be a joke.

thanks for what you do and for the benefit everyone (including myself) has from it. every single time using the phone.
  12.    #312  
    P.S.: For those of you wondering, unmodded 2.1.0 on a Pre+ beats the pants off of an unmodded 1.4.5 on a Pre+.

That's because Palm has incorporated the homebrew compcache technology into the webOS 2.1.0 kernel.

-- Rod

Yes, after 10 minutes of use you can definitely rule that HP claimed hardware limitations for no reason. Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    So Dieter still seems set that there is no voice dialing in this build. Can anyone verify this? Screenshots?
    I noticed the new voice dialing icon and gave it a try on my original Pre (now with 2.1.0) and it seems to work well.

General performance unfortunately is weak now all my contacts and calendars have synced though, although transitions still seem a bit slicker than on 1.4.5 overclocked @ 800Mhz.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    there is a bug in pdf viewer...
    Please report webOS 2.1.0 bugs in another thread.

-- Rod
    Rod n gang:

I think my question may have gotten lost in the excitement/shuffle, and would like to ask again, coming from a meta-doctor noob:

Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Could you use the masquerade process to make your Pre+ AT&T with 2.1 read as a Pre 2 AT&T (unlocked) on 2.0.1? If so, would it give access to 2.x apps (like Music Remix)
    Thoughts?
  17. v3
    HI all, some pics of the 2.1 install and OS on my pre minus (o2 uk): http://rapidshare.com/files/44936702...s21install.zip

Runs great. Might try and get a video of it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Other folks have text messages working. We need to track down the difference in what you and they have done.

-- Rod
    Hmm that's odd, I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. Maybe I just didn't have service? I wonder why specifically it wasn't working. This is the command I used:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    I might give it another go tomorrow. Not sure yet.
  19.    #319  
    Note that I'll be adding some new features to the Meta-Doctor to make the masquerading hash steps a bit easier. But it might not be until the weekend.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hmm that's odd, I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. Maybe I just didn't have service? I wonder why specifically it wasn't working. This is the command I used:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    I might give it another go tomorrow. Not sure yet.
    Thought there was some Verizon CDMA file that someone else was extracting from Pre2 doctor and adding to this one, not sure if that would impact texting or what features it would impact...