Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    From what I have been reading:

1) Not yet.
    2) yes it deletes it.
    hmmmmmm

1) is a bit slow, with OC would be ok I guess
    2) it doesn't delete usb partition. I doctored my pre twice today and there are still all the photos, screen shots from pre, and stuff like navit maps (that I used in 1.4.5)

to 1) everything seams to be stable on my pre. but my GPS is not working (I guess) Maps can't locate me, navit too...
    waiting for fixed doctor version
    has the new o2 Dr. been released yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    hmmmmmm

1) is a bit slow, with OC would be ok I guess
    2) it doesn't delete usb partition. I doctored my pre twice today and there are still all the photos, screen shots from pre, and stuff like navit maps (that I used in 1.4.5)

to 1) everything seams to be stable on my pre. but my GPS is not working (I guess) Maps can't locate me, navit too...
    waiting for fixed doctor version
    So the 2.1.0 dr isn't deleting the partition???
    My GPS works BTW. Google maps finds my location. Just thought I'd let y'all know
    As far as I can tell it's not (it hasn't done it to me yet at least) but I still wouldn't count on it not to
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    I hope when all problems are sorted out in some days that for every device that wont get an official update Webos internals will put the right instructions on their page. So everybody can create their own legal doctor without searching through this thread to puzzle the information together
    Already asked here...

Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Is it possible that you, WebOS Internals, create a .jar-File, and we just need to run it, like the original doctors?
    And answered here...

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    That would violate the copyright laws. Palm software cannot be redistributed like that.
    Not entirely. It deleted all my music and apps, but not my photos. My photos were saved. Along with some other random folders and such.
    'nother noob post coming up I'm afraid:

What are all the steps that need to be taken to get this fully functional up on AT&T? shouldn't that be the easiest carrier to enable because of the GSM bands? What needs to be installed/modified to get functionality from 85% to 100%? Thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    I hope when all problems are sorted out in some days that for every device that wont get an official update Webos internals will put the right instructions on their page. So everybody can create their own legal doctor without searching through this thread to puzzle the information together
    When everything is worked out, I'm sure we will get clear instructions that will continue where the wiki on making a metadoctor leaves off. There are some still some issues to be ironed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    has the new o2 Dr. been released yet?
    According to this, yes.
    Palm stellt falschen Doctor online TamsPalm Deutschland Aktuelles, News und Testberichte rund um webOS & Android
    This is great guys! I'm too lazy though. I don't wanna wait an hour for Ubuntu to download then install it into virtual box just to have webOS 2. I'll wait for easier directions, but thanks for all the hard work you guys!
    my results on a verizon pre plus:
    I used meta doctor on the image to remove the first use, and carrier and device check. Then I pulled the verizon.tar and palm-build-info from the verizon pre2 doctor and the roadrunnercdma_fw and placed it into my meta doctored image. (also modified a line in recoverytool.config "CustomizationBuild=verizon.tar") The phone boots and works well, preware sees it as a verizon pre 2 running webos 2.0.1 (I know it's not really safe because files might be different then what the patches expect, but I applied several patches successfully).
    The problem I'm having is whenever I try to run the first use app to setup a palm profile the phone just hangs, here's the errors I get in
    /var/log/messages

Code:
    2011-02-22T22:21:03.787841Z [413] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.firstuse: This is a Pre+, not a Pre, palmInitFramework298:14
    2011-02-22T22:21:03.896606Z [413] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.firstuse: Require failed. Error: require Failed: The scene assistant 'BackTutorialOverrideMainAssistant' is not defined. Did you remember to include it in sources.json?     at Object.require (palmInitFramework298:431:412)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:159:493)     at Object._prepareNewScene (palmInitFramework298:229:249)     at Object._syncPushOperation (palmInitFramework298:218:266)     at Object.op (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:223:114)     at Object.onComplete (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23)     at Object._addToScriptQueue (palmInitFramework298:6:84)     at Object.loadScriptsForScenes (palmInitFramework298:288:253)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:221:358), palmInitFramework298:14
    2011-02-22T22:21:03.899383Z [413] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.firstuse: EXCEPTION [The scene 'back-tutorial-override-main' could not be pushed because an exception occurred.]: Error: require Failed: The scene assistant 'BackTutorialOverrideMainAssistant' is not defined. Did you remember to include it in sources.json?     at Object.require (palmInitFramework298:431:412)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:159:493)     at Object._prepareNewScene (palmInitFramework298:229:249)     at Object._syncPushOperation (palmInitFramework298:218:266)     at Object.op (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:223:114)     at Object.onComplete (InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:282:23)     at Object._addToScriptQueue (palmInitFramework298:6:84)     at Object.loadScriptsForScenes (palmInitFramework298:288:253)     at Object.<anonymous> (palmInitFramework298:221:358), palmInitFramework298:14
    just finished flashing... and wow
    my pre- feels so much smoother, even without oc..
    GPS is working fine, paid apps show up fine (created new profile), Voice calling, exibition mode....
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    This is great guys! I'm too lazy though. I don't wanna wait an hour for Ubuntu to download then install it into virtual box just to have webOS 2. I'll wait for easier directions, but thanks for all the hard work you guys!
    The instructions will always involve installing Ubuntu (or some other linux distro) unless you have access to a Mac OSX 10.6 machine.

Using metadoctor is necessary because webOS Internals cannot legally distribute modified doctor images. You have to download the doctor and use metadoctor tool to create your own modified doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    'nother noob post coming up I'm afraid:

What are all the steps that need to be taken to get this fully functional up on AT&T? shouldn't that be the easiest carrier to enable because of the GSM bands? What needs to be installed/modified to get functionality from 85% to 100%? Thanks..
    I understand all the excitement about this, but for those of you asking for/waiting on easy instructions, it's not quite ready for you yet.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i will be trying it tonight or tmrrw am...cannt wait
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    The instructions will always involve installing Ubuntu (or some other linux distro) unless you have access to a Mac OSX 10.6 machine.

Using metadoctor is necessary because webOS Internals cannot legally distribute modified doctor images. You have to download the doctor and use metadoctor tool to create your own modified doctor.
    Well I guess I'll wait for a more stable version. Thanks for the reply.
    i bet because of all the whining woi are thinking of releasing a meta meta doctor which will automatically build a meta doctor setup which will ...

WHIIIIINE!
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post

Well I guess I'll wait for a more stable version. Thanks for the reply.
  20.    #300  
    Leathal (and others using the masquerade method):

We have determined by experiment that you can replace the /etc/palm-build-info with the correct contents for 2.1.0 after you log into your profile. Do this on the running device and then reboot.

This allows Preware and other apps to know they are running on 2.x, and allows access to everything in the app catalog except for applications marked "minimum version 2.0". Still thinking about what we do for those.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals