Page 146 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2901  
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    Hmmm sounds interesting... Have you heard any one having luck with the test script? Or like you said you have to be incredibly lucky for it to work?
    No-one has got it to work. It requires Palm to make a change at their end. Please add that to the wiki too with the previous reply.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No-one has got it to work. It requires Palm to make a change at their end. Please add that to the wiki too with the previous reply.

-- Rod
    Ok... where would I add it too the wiki site?

Edit: Ok I figured it out, hopefully that is...
    Last edited by setinhere; 03/11/2011 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Reason for the confusion is that it's the 1.4.5 sdk, not 2.1

Yes I have read it a few times but that's the part that stumps me

Again it wa a naive question, have never needed to doctor my phone before

But thanks for answering my question
    The 2.x SDK is not publicly available yet, which is why it is 1.4.5.
    My guess is that Palm is waiting for the Veer to drop so that they can surprise/build hype about the software capabilities of that SDK.

I would suggest adding this information to the Meta-Doc wiki, and/or the Webos-2.1 upgrade wiki. Thanks for helping others not be confused about this.
    Ok... where would I add it too the wiki site?

Edit: Ok I figured it out, hopefully that is...
    Looks good. Now you're a wiki-editing-expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Looks good. Now you're a wiki-editing-expert.
    Thank you! It only took me a couple of minutes to figure out what I needed to do and where to put the information.
  6.    #2906  
    Thank you! It only took me a couple of minutes to figure out what I needed to do and where to put the information.
    A great example of how everyone can make a contribution ...

Thanks!

-- Rod
    Rod, would it be cool if I added the Sprint FrankenPre2 2.1.0?
    Sprint Love
  8.    #2908  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Rod, would it be cool if I added the Sprint FrankenPre2 2.1.0?
    Please do.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have been using WebOS 2.1 on my pre minus for about a week now and as a Engineer, I love the spell checking. The one thing I noticed was when one starts a program, the phone responds quickly most of the time. But every once in a while there seems to be a 10 of 15 sec lag. Yesterday I installed the Uberkernal running 1 Ghz and as far as last night and this morning the lag seems to have went away.
    The flash is working very good, but was the only part during the installation process that gave me trouble. You must follow the location of the files very carefully.
    I had no problem with the Palm profile after deleting the backup.
    Overall I would say the loss of sprint navigation is worth all the extras you get with WebOS 2.1.

Thanks you very much Rod you and sconix make my phone the way I like it.
    Hope my $20 helps out.
    1. I followed the VERY EASY directions given on the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki. Except I didn't erase my backups. (just to see what would happen)
    2. After meta-doctor finished and my palmpre+ rebooted I logged into my palm profile. All my contact info reinstalled. I had uninstalled all my apps before the upgrade.
    3. Logged into my web portal to my palm profile and it read 9.9.9
    4. test my phone to make sure that everything is working.
    a. it makes/receives calls
    b. WiFi is working
    c. Bluetooth working
    d. installed Preware and downloaded
    i. UberKernel
    ii. Govnah
    (both work without any problems)
    e. opened all apps on my phone at once. None crashed or stuttered.

Question... Why is it that we need a working palm profile again? I apologize if the answer has already been answered.

Edit: Ok I just figured out my own question lol.
    Edit 2: Flashed back to meta-att-preplus-2.1.0. Profile now reads 1.40.50. All is great in the meta-doctoring world!
    Last edited by setinhere; 03/11/2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    every once in a while there seems to be a 10 of 15 sec lag
    I've also suffered some stuttering, but I think it only happens when browsing the crazy web pages of nowadays.

I installed the Uberkernal
    It's "kernel". Kernal is a Commodore 64 word :-D

(/me ducks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    ... The one thing I noticed was when one starts a program, the phone responds quickly most of the time. But every once in a while there seems to be a 10 of 15 sec lag. ...
    I would think this may be due to having a Pre-, and the compcache being used to help with a lower amount of RAM.

Not sure what the default settings are for the Govnah profile you're using, but it may use a different Compcache Memlimit. There is a thread out there for Pre- folks talking about themerrits of different compcache settings and how well they work.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I would think this may be due to having a Pre-, and the compcache being used to help with a lower amount of RAM.

Not sure what the default settings are for the Govnah profile you're using, but it may use a different Compcache Memlimit. There is a thread out there for Pre- folks talking about themerrits of different compcache settings and how well they work.
    So I know you can "FrankenPre" to get a Sprint Pre2.
    What do you call it if you Take a Sprint Pre - and transplant the comboard into a Verizon Pre + so you can get the extra Ram? In theory I know that shouldn't even be necessary EXCEPT that you would have to get a Level 2 Sprint rep to add the "out of carrier" esn into their system to activate the Verizon Pre+ on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    So I know you can "FrankenPre" to get a Sprint Pre2.
    What do you call it if you Take a Sprint Pre - and transplant the comboard into a Verizon Pre + so you can get the extra Ram? In theory I know that shouldn't even be necessary EXCEPT that you would have to get a Level 2 Sprint rep to add the "out of carrier" esn into their system to activate the Verizon Pre+ on Sprint.
    It's called "plussing", and you can do it, or you can send it to be done. See: Device Services | WebOS World

Definitely off topic though, so i'd find a relevant thread if you need more.
    Must I uninstall all my patches/themes/apps before I preform this task?
    Cheers!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Cheers!
    ~Ted
    Nope. It will wipe them all out. If you use your same profile, you will get your apps back.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Cheers!
    ~Ted
    If you are referring to meta-doctor update to 2.1, no - you do not need to remove anything. The doctor will wipe the operating system and all associated patches/kernels/themes/apps from your phone and completely re-write it.

Any apps that are still available can be re-downloaded to your phone after doctoring. For instance, Epocrates is no longer available, and will be lost to you. Other apps that you may have downloaded for free in the past might have moved to a new version that costs money, so you would have to pay for those if you want to download again. Your paid (and free) App Catalog apps will automatically re-download after you sign into your profile that you purchased them under. Homebrew apps can be re-downloaded later after you re-install Preware or use WOSQI.

You should back up your USB partition, just in case, though moving from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 does not normally result in a wipe of the USB partition, if the doctor detects any errors in the partition, it could decide to reformat it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    sprint pre- upgraded to 2.1 yesterday.

over-clocked? - check
    flash working? - check
    sprintnav working? - check
    freetether working? - check
    compache increased? - check
    PRL @60676? - check

overall, very happy with outcome. thanks to the community for all the hard-work!

edl
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Any apps that are still available can be re-downloaded to your phone after doctoring.
    German developer Henk Jonas (AKA MetaView) wrote a tool for the backup of apps. It can be found here. It should be unzipped and copied to /media/internal. After being started (via novacom or terminal app) you see a PDK screen on your device, and you can choose either "backup" or "restore". The backup produces a "MyBackup" folder in /media/internal which can be copied to desktop. After doctoring or metadoctoring your device (and making your rootfs writeable) you can copy the folder back and restore all your apps.

With this tool you can keep *all* of your apps without the need for a new download, or the risk that they got paid apps in the meanwhile.

HTH

Regards

Carsten
    Now my problem.

As can be seen here (this is https://meine.deutsche-bank.de/mobile/):

I can't view any web sites that are reached via secure http. They just don't load. I metadoctored my PreMinus to WebOS 2.1.0-WR, masquerading to 1.4.5. Anyone else has the same issue? Are there some elements missing in the resulting doctor file? Any clue?

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/11/2011 at 03:27 PM.