Page 143 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2841  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    How's the test script for Sprint Pre 2? Is it working for anyone who has used it?

    Edit:

    I get a "please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file"

    It downloaded the correct one(s) (I thought?). What's the deal with this error?
    Do you get a "Please run this script again?"
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  2. #2842  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    There is one, but it is "illegal"

    The only other way is for Sprint to have a webOS 2.x phone on their network
    Just to be clear there appears to be a legal way to get an updated PRL but not a way to get the update PRL function to work in 2.1 on Sprint.

    Getting the updated PRL involves having a phone on 1.4.5 and transferring some PRL files - this will not make the 2.x phone able to update but it does give a more up to date version of the PRL than the version available otherwise.
  3. #2843  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Just to be clear there appears to be a legal way to get an updated PRL but not a way to get the update PRL function to work in 2.1 on Sprint.

    Getting the updated PRL involves having a phone on 1.4.5 and transferring some PRL files - this will not make the 2.x phone able to update but it does give a more up to date version of the PRL than the version available otherwise.
    So I could, say, pull the PRL info from my wife's Sprint Pixi, right?
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  4. #2844  
    I tried the usb passthrough and it comes up on my virtualbox ubuntu but it doesn't recognize it in the doctor to start it. I also tried the shared files method to bring the meta-doctor to my windows os, but that does not work either and it keeps saying unknown filesystem type 'vboxsf'. I followed the instructions over and over again to see if I missed something and I can not find what I am doing wrong.
  5.    #2845  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Just to be clear there appears to be a legal way to get an updated PRL but not a way to get the update PRL function to work in 2.1 on Sprint.

    Getting the updated PRL involves having a phone on 1.4.5 and transferring some PRL files - this will not make the 2.x phone able to update but it does give a more up to date version of the PRL than the version available otherwise.
    Since you're a Sprint customer, instructions on how to transfer the PRL files from another device are fine to post on the wiki. Just don't post the PRL files themselves, cause they too are proprietary to Sprint and automatically protected by copyright in most countries.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #2846  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Do you get a "Please run this script again?"
    Ok I lied, it didn't work again. Has the same error. I did not get a Please run this script again.

    Which webOS Doctor .jar file am I needing?
    Sprint Love
  7.    #2847  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Ok I lied, it didn't work again. Has the same error. I did not get a Please run this script again.

    Which webOS Doctor .jar file am I needing?
    I will repeat it again, as I've done a number of times in this thread already:

    Post the full output log from the point where you clone the meta-doctor, through the point where it automatically downloads the doctors, to the point where the doctor flashes your phone.

    We need to just simply stop replying to requests for assistance which do not contain this information ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #2848  
    Everyone who is currently requesting assistance, please read the first post and follow the instructions there.

    Everyone else in the thread, please ignore all posts requesting assistance which do not include a full log as required by the first post.

    Thank You.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #2849  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I will repeat it again, as I've done a number of times in this thread already:

    Post the full output log from the point where you clone the meta-doctor, through the point where it automatically downloads the doctors, to the point where the doctor flashes your phone.

    We need to just simply stop replying to requests for assistance which do not contain this information ...

    -- Rod
    I would have posted more, but there isn't much more to post. Hope this helps you. Sorry.

    Code:
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga
    
    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.1.0/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar
    
    rm -rf build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier
    tar -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -t \
    		> build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules ./etc/palm-build-info ./md5sums*
    touch build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    Last edited by tooearly; 03/09/2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Sprint Love
  10. #2850  
    I needed to clear remove everything before starting again, hence why I didn't get the full thing.
    Sprint Love
  11.    #2851  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I would have posted more, but there isn't much more to post. Hope this helps you. Sorry.

    Code:
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga
    
    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.1.0/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar
    
    rm -rf build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier
    tar -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -t \
    		> build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules ./etc/palm-build-info ./md5sums*
    touch build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    You left out the lines at the start which show how you cloned the meta-doctor and which script you are running.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #2852  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I needed to clear remove everything before starting again, hence why I didn't get the full thing.
    I've pushed a fix. Please test it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #2853  
    I've been doing git pull a couple times a day for the last couple of days. I've noticed that the att script has been updated. Can you update over top of 2.1? Or do you have to downgrade to 1.4.5 before going back up to 2.1?
  14. #2854  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've pushed a fix. Please test it.

    -- Rod
    So far it seems to be working, still running right now. Sorry for the delay in response, I was on my way to pick up my free Pre 2

    Rod, sorry for the dumb post, I usually know how to post. It won't happen again. Thanks a bunch. I'll let you know the results.

    Edit:

    Worked perfectly.
    Sprint Love
  15. #2855  
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    I've been doing git pull a couple times a day for the last couple of days. I've noticed that the att script has been updated. Can you update over top of 2.1? Or do you have to downgrade to 1.4.5 before going back up to 2.1?
    The webOS Doctors (even the ones modified by Meta Doctor) completely blank your device and and put a fresh install on it. You can update any available version over any installed version, including 2.1.0 -> 2.1.0.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  16. #2856  
    can i mode. the Makefile for sprint 2.1.0 or is bether to leve that the way it is ? i just want to install preware together.
  17. #2857  
    Cool! opps showing my age again lol. Thanks for the info!

    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    The webOS Doctors (even the ones modified by Meta Doctor) completely blank your device and and put a fresh install on it. You can update any available version over any installed version, including 2.1.0 -> 2.1.0.
  18. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #2858  
    Rod and/or EdCates - if I wanted to make a relatively small modification to the Sprint Pre script to check if you've already downloaded the necessary doctors and compare md5sums, would that be something that's useful to you?

    It wouldn't really help most people, but those who are testing stuff for you and/or people who have to (or want) to re-doctor their phones might like not having to re-download all the doctors...
  19. #2859  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Rod and/or EdCates - if I wanted to make a relatively small modification to the Sprint Pre script to check if you've already downloaded the necessary doctors and compare md5sums, would that be something that's useful to you?

    It wouldn't really help most people, but those who are testing stuff for you and/or people who have to (or want) to re-doctor their phones might like not having to re-download all the doctors...
    I thought the scripts already performed this check.
  20. veerar's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #2860  
    Hello,

    Thanks for all the effort, really appreciate it.

    I went ahead and followed the procedure for my Verizon Pre+. I stopped backup on
    my pre+ and then ran the commands on my Mac (10.5.8). When the doctor wanted the
    phone to be connected , I attached the phone and the installation ran fine
    without any errors. Things seemed to going fine until:

    1 - Backup errors out. It starts and then within out 10 seconds, the progress
    bar says back up failed.

    2 - While gmail and the google contacts loaded fine, google talk IM didnt load
    at all. Very suspicious.

    3 - Then finally, I find that I cannot login to gmail.com on the browser!
    Infact, I cant login to two other pages I also tried (my.opera.com and
    mail.yahoo.com). I get the following error: "Unable to load page. Error loading
    page[2077] "This is a big dealbreaker.

    I think the SSL is not working correctly; thats why I load https pages. Can
    anyone tell me what I can do to get gmail.com, google talk, and back up to work?

    Thanks!
    veerar.

Posting Permissions