Page 142 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Okay. test-meta-att... is back. Good luck.*

*Translation: Don't blame me if it randomizes your sock drawer and punches a hole in your cat.
    rofl!

Where can I get a script that punches a hole in my stepmom's cat? I need this!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    p100eww sprint pre minus!

Want to make sure i am set before i make the transition.
    Profiles are set, SprintNav and PRL updates aren't working. Your call.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Found this in another forum regarding Sprint Navigator:

Has anybody attempted this method for getting Sprint Nav working?
    I don't use Sprint Nav, so I haven't attempted this yet (not high on my priority list at the moment). I notice the poster didn't say it was actually working.
    I see Klownicle has been posting here, don't know if they're one in the same, maybe he/she can chime in.
    Yes. I did it last night and now have sprint Nav working. Easy enough.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Another reminder for new readers to this thread: UNRELEASED WEBOS DOCTORS FROM CLOSED BETAS ARE UNDER NDAs. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM OR ANY SOFTWARE CONTAINED IN THEM.

As a Sprint webOS user, I understand the frustration. Believe me. But we can't offer any "2.0.1" software that may or may not exist as a solution.

As a Sprint webOS user, I understand the frustration. Believe me. But we can't offer any "2.0.1" software that may or may not exist as a solution.

My apologies for the angry red text.

Found this in another forum regarding Sprint Navigator:

Has anybody attempted this method for getting Sprint Nav working?
    I don't use Sprint Nav, so I haven't attempted this yet (not high on my priority list at the moment). I notice the poster didn't say it was actually working.
    I see Klownicle has been posting here, don't know if they're one in the same, maybe he/she can chime in.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/09/2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Another reminder for new readers to this thread: UNRELEASED WEBOS DOCTORS FROM CLOSED BETAS ARE UNDER NDAs. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM OR ANY SOFTWARE CONTAINED IN THEM.

My bad, the post didn't mention any particular doctor carrier and I didn't know if there was/wasn't a 2.0.1 released on another carrier (only been keeping up with Sprint) he could have been referencing. I guess I should have put two and two together since it involved Sprint Nav. Slight oversight on my part.

* Deleted my earlier post *
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/09/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Profiles are set, SprintNav and PRL updates aren't working. Your call.
    So we wouldjust lose those functions. What does the prl update do, sprint nav i could live with out.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Okay. test-meta-att... is back. Good luck.*

*Translation: Don't blame me if it randomizes your sock drawer and punches a hole in your cat.
    Failed for me. Will assume I did something wrong and try again.

Code:
    Robert@XBD630 ~/meta-doctor
    $ ./scripts/test-meta-att-preplus-2.1.0

<snip, snip, snip>

cp palm-build-info build/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0/rootfs/etc/palm-build-info
    cp: cannot stat `palm-build-info': No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [build/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0/.unpacked] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Robert/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    My bad, the post didn't mention any particular doctor carrier and I didn't know if there was/wasn't a 2.0.1 released on another carrier (only been keeping up with Sprint) he could have been referencing. I guess I should have put two and two together since it involved Sprint Nav. Slight oversight on my part.

* Deleted my earlier post *
    My apologies for the angry red text. I know they're discussed in other threads on the P|C forums, so it's not like they're completely forbidden. I believe Rod wanted to keep the discussion away from that software in this thread though, because it definitely falls outside the scope of this discussion.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    So we wouldjust lose those functions. What does the prl update do, sprint nav i could live with out.
    PRL is the preferred roaming list. Basically it is database that tells your phone what towers to use when a sprint tower is not available.

I recently just updated my sprint pre minus to webos 2.1 and it works great. The only thing I would recommend is to use govnah and uberkernel to overclock your phone to at least 800 MHz to prevent lagging.

I didn't use my regular profile and just created a new one to test it out and see if I like it. I would recommend doing it this way because a profile that has been used on a webos 2.0 device is not able to be used on a device using 1.4.5 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Failed for me. Will assume I did something wrong and try again.

Code:
    Robert@XBD630 ~/meta-doctor
    $ ./scripts/test-meta-att-preplus-2.1.0

<snip, snip, snip>

cp palm-build-info build/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0/rootfs/etc/palm-build-info
    cp: cannot stat `palm-build-info': No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [build/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0/.unpacked] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Robert/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    No, that one's on me. Hang on....

Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by EdCates; 03/09/2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: updated.
    My apologies for the angry red text. I know they're discussed in other threads on the P|C forums, so it's not like they're completely forbidden. I believe Rod wanted to keep the discussion away from that software in this thread though, because it definitely falls outside the scope of this discussion.
    No harm, no foul. Thought I had stumbled across something, not realizing it was referencing the 2.0.1 Sprint beta that was leaked.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    PRL is the preferred roaming list. Basically it is database that tells your phone what towers to use when a sprint tower is not available.
    This is not strictly speaking correct. The PRL tells your phone where all cell towers are, not just out-of-network ones.

Preferred Roaming List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not being able to update the PRL is kind of a big deal, but not a deal-breaker. There is a thread on Sprint PRL updates here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rl-update.html
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    No, that one's on me. Hang on....

Should be fixed now.
    The script worked, but the profile is a no go. 9.9.9
    Last edited by robnhl; 03/09/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Regarding the PRL discussion... I've noticed that my 2.1 Sprint Pre- doesn't seem to be in EV as often as under 1.4.5... Would this be because the PRL stuff doesn't work (yet)?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Regarding the PRL discussion... I've noticed that my 2.1 Sprint Pre- doesn't seem to be in EV as often as under 1.4.5... Would this be because the PRL stuff doesn't work (yet)?
    Yep. that could definitely do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Yep. that could definitely do it.
    Well here is to hoping a solution is found then. Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well here is to hoping a solution is found then. Thanks.
    There is one, but it is "illegal"

The only other way is for Sprint to have a webOS 2.x phone on their network
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    There is one, but it is "illegal"

The only other way is for Sprint to have a webOS 2.x phone on their network
    I'm not about the first option and the second option is similar to two constants; taxes and death. I bet we just found the 3rd...

19.    #2839  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I don't see the problem I've programmed about a hundred android phones and windows phones, I don't get why this is so difficult
    Neither do I.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    How's the test script for Sprint Pre 2? Is it working for anyone who has used it?

Edit:

I get a "please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file"

It downloaded the correct one(s) (I thought?). What's the deal with this error?

Edit 2:

Caused by other doctors. My bad.
    Last edited by tooearly; 03/09/2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Sprint Love