Page 141 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2801  
    I'm curious why the Bell generated 2.1 Doctor's palm profile remains at 1.4.5 (thereby being unable to download 2.x apps) whereby some other Carrier's (Sprint) have been updated to 2.x ???

    BTW..
    I upgraded as soon as this was all possible and have no complaints about how well this runs on a Pre- on Bell. I'm using UK screenstate 500/1000 with compcache set to 24mb and it's rock solid for me !
    Last edited by the.teejster; 03/09/2011 at 10:22 AM.
  2. #2802  
    the meta doctor keeps saying from what I can gather because it keeps refreshing so fast is DeviceDiscoverRunner.$deviceDiscoveryThreat run INFO: got devices 0, It keeps saying it over and over again. Why can't I just use quick install like everything else to do this? I about give up on this damn thing, I can't even tell you how many times I was ready to punch something all last night. I've done everything word for word..
  3. #2803  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    the meta doctor keeps saying from what I can gather because it keeps refreshing so fast is DeviceDiscoverRunner.$deviceDiscoveryThreat run INFO: got devices 0, It keeps saying it over and over again. Why can't I just use quick install like everything else to do this? I about give up on this damn thing, I can't even tell you how many times I was ready to punch something all last night. I've done everything word for word..
    with infinite command loops like that you can usually press CTRL-C to break it.

    This is a difficult process, and the WIKI clearly states that you need familiarity with command prompts, and the tools (meta-doc, cygwin, etc) to do this.

    If you don't want to stick with it, i would wait for WebOS World to offer the service of putting 2.1 on "legacy" devices, or find a linux savvy friend to do it for you.
  4. #2804  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I'm curious why the Bell generated 2.1 Doctor's palm profile remains at 1.4.5 (thereby being unable to download 2.x apps) whereby other Carrier's have been updated to 2.x ???

    BTW..
    I upgraded as soon as this was all possible and have no complaints about how well this runs on a Pre- on Bell. I'm using UK screenstate 500/1000 with compcache set to 24mb and it's rock solid for me !
    Have you re-run the script for Bell recently? There were some changes to remove the masqing step so that profiles would show up correctly.

    As far as i've been able to tell, HP changed something on their servers which made it possible for Verizon and Sprint users to have 2.1 profiles. They may not have done the same for Bell...
  5. #2805  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I typed it in and it accepted the command but didn't do anything.

    I appreciate the help in advance, I usually try to stay faaarrr away from using command prompts. I don't understand them for the most part.
    The second command generates a text file called "output.txt". find that file and post it here.
  6. #2806  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I typed it in and it accepted the command but didn't do anything.

    I appreciate the help in advance, I usually try to stay faaarrr away from using command prompts. I don't understand them for the most part.
    Did you type in what I wrote exactly, or did you customize it to suit your java installation, phone model, etc?
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  7. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2807  
    Is there any movement on getting a 2.1 profile on an AT&T Pre+? I saw a couple of test scripts a while back that were unsuccessful, but haven't been able to find anything since. Is an AT&T 2.1 profile a lost cause?

    EDIT - Nevermind. Looks like the consensus is that something has changed on HP's side to allow the 2.1 profiles.
  8. #2808  
    Major Kudos to first and foremost Mr. Rod Whitby, WebOS-Internals and the rest of the community for the effort put into this project....

    THANK YOU!

    I've gotten around to getting my Sprint Pre- setup where I can function enough on 2.1. It is such a blessing to have this kind of support in a community.

    Wiki Step 6 Completed!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #2809  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Is there any movement on getting a 2.1 profile on an AT&T Pre+? I saw a couple of test scripts a while back that were unsuccessful, but haven't been able to find anything since. Is an AT&T 2.1 profile a lost cause?

    EDIT - Nevermind. Looks like the consensus is that something has changed on HP's side to allow the 2.1 profiles.
    Want... Telcel... 2.1... Profile.......
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  10. #2810  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Is there any movement on getting a 2.1 profile on an AT&T Pre+? I saw a couple of test scripts a while back that were unsuccessful, but haven't been able to find anything since. Is an AT&T 2.1 profile a lost cause?

    EDIT - Nevermind. Looks like the consensus is that something has changed on HP's side to allow the 2.1 profiles.
    Last time we tested it 2.1 wasn't working for AT&T. If you want to give it another go (who knows, maybe it just took a while?), I can re-deploy the test script in the git repository.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  11. #2811  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Did you type in what I wrote exactly, or did you customize it to suit your java installation, phone model, etc?
    I tried it both ways, first I tried it exactly your way, then I tried it by typing: ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 > output.txt 2>&1

    first one did nothing, it didnt even say incorrect or anything and second one just opened up ~/meta-doctor
  12. #2812  
    I haven't re-doctored my phone with the latest versions as I had everything setup perfectly (including flash) w/o. I have been checking the Wiki and it shows Bell profiles remain on 1.4.5 so I didn't see a need to.

    I JUST noticed in the GIT the Rod made a change 4 hours ago to the scripts to hard code the versions to 2.1 to prevent the meta-doctors defaults from overriding.

    Do you know if this will solve the problem ?


    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Have you re-run the script for Bell recently? There were some changes to remove the masqing step so that profiles would show up correctly.

    As far as i've been able to tell, HP changed something on their servers which made it possible for Verizon and Sprint users to have 2.1 profiles. They may not have done the same for Bell...
  13. #2813  
    I don't see the problem I've programmed about a hundred android phones and windows phones, I don't get why this is so difficult, and I don't see howtyping the commands is going to magically instal 2.1.0, Where is the SDK even coming from?
  14. #2814  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I don't see the problem I've programmed about a hundred android phones and windows phones, I don't get why this is so difficult, and I don't see howtyping the commands is going to magically instal 2.1.0, Where is the SDK even coming from?
    Typing that command I gave you won't "magically install" 2.1.0. It will, however, create a TXT file in your meta-doctor directory that you can then attach to a message on here and let people help you. That's all we're trying to do.

    And if we wanted to do this illegally, we could make it a lot easier. Just hand you a webOS Doctor for your Carrier/Model and let you have at it. I'm guessing that might sour our relationship with HP/Palm just a little bit, though. Short term pain, long term gain.

    Oh, and the SDK is coming from the interwebs. If you look at the script, you will see the URLs plainly listed.

    Reading back, I see you are having issues getting the SDK. Try this link, only use the JAR file from the 2.1.0 webOS Doctor instead of the one mentioned in the instructions.
    Last edited by EdCates; 03/09/2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  15. #2815  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I haven't re-doctored my phone with the latest versions as I had everything setup perfectly (including flash) w/o. I have been checking the Wiki and it shows Bell profiles remain on 1.4.5 so I didn't see a need to.

    I JUST noticed in the GIT the Rod made a change 4 hours ago to the scripts to hard code the versions to 2.1 to prevent the meta-doctors defaults from overriding.

    Do you know if this will solve the problem ?
    If Rod has changed the script, I'd wager it works as he intends.

    Only one way to find out . . . ;-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  16. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2816  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Last time we tested it 2.1 wasn't working for AT&T. If you want to give it another go (who knows, maybe it just took a while?), I can re-deploy the test script in the git repository.
    I'll give it a go if you provide the script.
  17. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #2817  
    Ok i have read most of this thread so far debating on taking the plunge on the upgrade. Are profiles moving over ok?? or will my info be lost.

    I am apologizing in advance if this question is not to the depth of others but just was wondering.

    Ty in advance!
  18. #2818  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok i have read most of this thread so far debating on taking the plunge on the upgrade. Are profiles moving over ok?? or will my info be lost.

    I am apologizing in advance if this question is not to the depth of others but just was wondering.

    Ty in advance!
    Yw after the fact!

    What model/carrier do you have? Can't answer your question unless we know.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  19. #2819  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    I'll give it a go if you provide the script.
    Okay. test-meta-att... is back. Good luck.*


    *Translation: Don't blame me if it randomizes your sock drawer and punches a hole in your cat.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  20. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #2820  
    p100eww sprint pre minus!

    Want to make sure i am set before i make the transition.

Posting Permissions