Page 14 of 217 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks. I understand that it cannot be applied as is, but is there a way to meta-doctor it?
    At this point, no, Rwhitby may have an idea on how to do it now though.
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Thanks with that the created doctor seemed to work, but after 4% it crashed... now im stuck with the pre at the palm logo.
    ok how do i get into the recovery mode again
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Alright, I'll post again. I tried to see if Music Player Remix 2.0 would install. The new version requires WebOS 2.0 or above. No dice.

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/gz8rxkp - Shared by artemeas

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/h2xsqdp - Shared by artemeas
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    Ok after i removed the battery it booted up fine again, seem like it didnt do any flashing yet... strange, will try it again from a windows xp machine...
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    there should be no problems.
    i created 2 new profiles for testing... the last one showed 9.9.9 on palm.com/profile
    but then after couple of hours I launched App Catalog and could see paid apps. checked my profile on palm's page. it shows now 2.1.0 on palm's page
    Ah, but you're running it all on the officially supported hardware for this webOSdoctor. That might make a difference.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    So Dieter still seems set that there is no voice dialing in this build. Can anyone verify this? Screenshots?
    So what did you do? Did you masquerade your Pre as a 1.4.5 device? I guess you got the original Palm Pre- vom O2 running on O2 Germany? I got the same, bought it the very first day in Dortmund
    For anyone having trouble with editing the makefile to create your custom doctor, make sure your terminal is in the meta-doctor directory. All you need to create your doctor is the command 'make clobber all'. I am currently trying Lethal's custom makefile, will report back shortly if it works. Also I'm thinking about replacing CDMA firmware with that from Pre 2 doc.
    Ok after i removed the battery it booted up fine again, seem like it didnt do any flashing yet... strange, will try it again from a windows xp machine...
    Ok tried it again and it didnt worked, also crashed after 4% but gave me the incompatible device message...
    what am i doing wrong?
    created the new doctor with
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all
    then i started jar in the build directory?
    am i missing something? i have a o2 pre- (P100UEU)
    during the process i dont get any errors...
    i downloaded the original doctor again and im creating a new doctor right now, just to be sure its not a download problem or something like that.
    Still hoping for the best as possible meta-doctor from the great folks of the webos-internals.

Is it possible that you, WebOS Internals, create a .jar-File, and we just need to run it, like the original doctors?
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Still hoping for the best as possible meta-doctor from the great folks of the webos-internals.

Is it possible that you, WebOS Internals, create a .jar-File, and we just need to run it, like the original doctors?
    That would violate the copyright laws. Palm software cannot be redistributed like that.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Ok tried it again and it didnt worked, also crashed after 4% but gave me the incompatible device message...
    what am i doing wrong?
    created the new doctor with
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all
    then i started jar in the build directory?
    am i missing something? i have a o2 pre- (P100UEU)
    during the process i dont get any errors...
    i downloaded the original doctor again and im creating a new doctor right now, just to be sure its not a download problem or something like that.
    Try adding REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1. You're on a Pre-, and only Pre+ is officially supported.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    So what did you do? Did you masquerade your Pre as a 1.4.5 device? I guess you got the original Palm Pre- vom O2 running on O2 Germany? I got the same, bought it the very first day in Dortmund
    I did nothing but
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    then launched .jar from build dir.
    connected, installed onto PALM PRE (o2 germany)

here is pic from webOS Quick Install:

it didn't work. then I saw that on palm.com/profile is that my OS version 9.9.9
    I redoctored with the same doctor (produced by meta-doctor) created new account. it still showed 9.9.9 (even on the new profile that I just created)
    in App Catalog I could see only free apps. But then I just opened App Catalog and it showed me every app, free and paid. I went to palm.com/profile and there was Palm Pre OS 2.1.0

Update: I'm just on the official carrier (o2-de) maybe that's the case that my profile now shows 2.1.0 and I see paid apps? *dunno*
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Right. You don't need to run ubuntu. This clearly saves you oggles of time .

I still have not tested app catalog purchases yet. Also, any items in app catalog that are 2.x only are not able to download.

And you still need to execute the code exactly the way I mentioned or it won't work. It has nothing to do with ubuntu/osx. I'm thinking about trying some new things that Lethal mentioned. But I guarantee the code I posted will work with your Pre+.
    Noted, thanks.
    By the way, I turned on the ebay Plus and the seller still had his profile with his male friends [strange nicknames] and pics, don't want to offend anyone so won't repeat anything here. I'm tempted to use the doctor and wipe everything, am just waiting until we get all the steps clear for Verizon.
    I don't understand also why some have voicedial and some don't.
    2 questions.
    1: is this stable and complete enough to use on a primary device?
    2: does the modified doctor delete the USB partition? i thought that it stopped doing that after 1.4.5...
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    I did nothing but
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    then launched .jar from build dir.
    connected, installed onto PALM PRE (o2 germany)

here is pic from webOS Quick Install:
    [IMG]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2946/devicemanagement025.png[./IMG]

it didn't work. then I saw that on palm.com/profile is that my OS version 9.9.9
    I redoctored with the same doctor (produced by meta-doctor) created new account. it still showed 9.9.9 (even on the new profile that I just created)
    in App Catalog I could see only free apps. But then I just opened App Catalog and it showed me every app, free and paid. I went to palm.com/profile and there was Palm Pre OS 2.1.0

Update: I'm just on the official carrier (o2-de) maybe that's the case that my profile now shows 2.1.0 and I see paid apps? *dunno*
    Cheers

Strange that it suddenly changed to 2.1.0. Don't you think O2 might try to fix stuff there?

Maybe I'll try later with a new account if it works with no hassle on O2-de with German O2 Palm Pre-.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    2 questions.
    1: is this stable and complete enough to use on a primary device?
    2: does the modified doctor delete the USB partition? i thought that it stopped doing that after 1.4.5...
    From what I have been reading:

1) Not yet.
    2) yes it deletes it.
    There's a lot going on in this thread, it seems. Does anyone have some clear instructions on how to make a doctor for a Sprint Pre- that works with EVDO and the App Catalog, if you have both the O2 Pre+ 2.1 doctor and a Verizon Pre 2 2.0.1 doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    There's a lot going on in this thread, it seems. Does anyone have some clear instructions on how to make a doctor for a Sprint Pre- that works with EVDO and the App Catalog, if you have both the O2 Pre+ 2.1 doctor and a Verizon Pre 2 2.0.1 doctor?
    you need to first know how to make a meta doctor http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

than follow the rest of the directions here
    I hope when all problems are sorted out in some days that for every device that wont get an official update Webos internals will put the right instructions on their page. So everybody can create their own legal doctor without searching through this thread to puzzle the information together