Page 139 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2761  
    Well I redid every friggen thing and it still stops at the charging battery part of the doctor.........this time it rebooted and it's the same build, same iPhone theme and same droid boot screen, even says 1.4.5 still... What am I doing wrong? I'm in dev mode, I run the ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script, run the doctor and it just keeps stopping at the charging part, is there something blocking it on windows 7? I installed everything on the Cygwin install just to be sure, I dont understand...
  2.    #2762  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    Well I redid every friggen thing and it still stops at the charging battery part of the doctor.........this time it rebooted and it's the same build, same iPhone theme and same droid boot screen, even says 1.4.5 still... What am I doing wrong? I'm in dev mode, I run the ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script, run the doctor and it just keeps stopping at the charging part, is there something blocking it on windows 7? I installed everything on the Cygwin install just to be sure, I dont understand...
    I haven't yet seen a post of the full console log from running the doctor on the command line from you ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #2763  
    last thing cygwin said after running the doctor was warning: flashing failed, move to fail card.
  4. #2764  
    full console log?
  5.    #2765  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    full console log?
    Yes. Absolutely everything in the window from the time you started the script and it started downloading doctors, to the time when the doctor has finished executing and has flashed your device. Leave nothing out. Post it here.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #2766  
    ok It's going to be a long *** post lol.

    How do I copy and paste that?
  7.    #2767  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    ok It's going to be a long *** post lol.
    If you want to make sure you don't leave out the critical line which identifies why you are having problems when tens if not hundreds of other people have installed it successfully, you'll make the effort.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #2768  
    How do I copy and paste from the command window on win7?
  9. #2769  
    This may have been answered, and I apologize in advance if it was and I missed it.

    I understand that the current scripts will allow for a Sprint Pre to show 2.1 as the current version and thus give access to apps that require 2.x...

    However, if I have previously doctored using one of the older scripts before this was possible, will re-running the doctor with the current script give me that access?

    I have no problem running the doc again, but I'm not going to bother unless there's a good chance it'll work. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  10. #2770  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    How do I copy and paste from the command window on win7?
    NickTej22 my friend, it is time to enter the world of redirects.

    From :Using command redirection operators

    So in the Command Window, type whatever you need to launch the webOS Doctor, but don't hit enter yet. For the sake of example I'm going to assume it's
    Code:
    java -jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    You want to add the redirects after that. So something like:
    Code:
    java -jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar > output.txt 2>&1
    Should take the output of your doctor session and put it in a nice handy text file you can attach to a post.

    My apologies in advance if this doesn't work. I'm not a Windows guy. ;-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  11. #2771  
    Hello all!

    Question... Having upgraded my ATT Pre+ with 2.1 what happened to ATT Navigator? Is that something that I have to wait for until meta-doctor for ATT is more refined?
  12. #2772  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    This may have been answered, and I apologize in advance if it was and I missed it.

    I understand that the current scripts will allow for a Sprint Pre to show 2.1 as the current version and thus give access to apps that require 2.x...

    However, if I have previously doctored using one of the older scripts before this was possible, will re-running the doctor with the current script give me that access?

    I have no problem running the doc again, but I'm not going to bother unless there's a good chance it'll work. haha
    Yes. Running the latest version of the script (don't forget to 'git pull' and 'make clobber' in your meta-doctor directory!) will give you a 2.1 profile on Palm.com, and access to the 2.x apps.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  13. #2773  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which script are you running? You have a Verizon device, so you should be running the verizon script.

    Note that if you'd pasted that output the *first* time you asked a question, you would have got help much quicker, as the error is obvious ...

    -- Rod
    I used the verizon script (./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0) when I got the meta-doctor.
  14. #2774  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    On the wiki, it says to run the doctor using your host OS, in this case Windows. Look up on how to access the VirtualBox guest OS (Ubuntu) through SSH and then SSH the doctor from Ubuntu to Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Look into USB passthrough for VirtualBox.
    What is SSH?

    Also is there a wiki for the usb passthrough to follow?
  15. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #2775  
    What's the final word on the Palm Profile w/ Verizon? Is it possible to get a 2.1.0 profile? The wiki still says "may"
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  16. #2776  
    i have tried my old profile using the new script for the Verizon Pre Plus, it still won't let me sign in. Still had to use my test profile.

    Can i just say also...

    Is there a way we can un-unmasq the palm-build-info after using the new script.... A lot of my essential apps wont download after the latest script. i still get the 9.9.9 on my VPre+
  17.    #2777  
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    I used the verizon script (./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0) when I got the meta-doctor.
    In that case the log output shows that you used the input doctor instead of the custom doctor which was generated by the scripts.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #2778  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i have tried my old profile using the new script for the Verizon Pre Plus, it still won't let me sign in. Still had to use my test profile.

    Can i just say also...

    Is there a way we can un-unmasq the palm-build-info after using the new script.... A lot of my essential apps wont download after the latest script. i still get the 9.9.9 on my VPre+
    palm-build-info won't change that. You need to get your profile back to 1.4.5 or 2.1.0 to be able to download those apps. Read the wiki page again and follow the directions regarding profile resets.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #2779  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The script tells you where the output file is going to be. I suspect you are using one of the input webOS doctors instead of the output webOS doctor that has been customised to have token compatibility with your phone.

    -- Rod
    You're right - I was using one of the input files - sorry!

    However...

    On doing the git-pull and make clobber commands and re-making the doctor, I let it run direct from the end of that script (i.e. neither double-clicking nor invoking via the command line) and the same again... rebooting into 1.4.5

    Then I went into the (right this time) 'build' directory and ran the .jar:

    webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    ...and I'm sad to say the same again, even with all the various combinations of unplugging and replugging and recovery mode.

    It's still telling me the same error - i.e. implying it's the wrong phone (100ueu) for the doctor (expecting 101ueu).

    Any more suggestions..?
  20.    #2780  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    You're right - I was using one of the input files - sorry!

    However...

    On doing the git-pull and make clobber commands and re-making the doctor, I let it run direct from the end of that script (i.e. neither double-clicking nor invoking via the command line) and the same again... rebooting into 1.4.5

    Then I went into the (right this time) 'build' directory and ran the .jar:



    ...and I'm sad to say the same again, even with all the various combinations of unplugging and replugging and recovery mode.

    It's still telling me the same error - i.e. implying it's the wrong phone (100ueu) for the doctor (expecting 101ueu).

    Any more suggestions..?
    What is the full pathname (including all parent directories) of the file you are running?

    The ./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 script definitely builds a webOS Doctor that is compatible with a p100ueu device. You are not running the output from that script if it is expecting a p101ueu device.

    Again, post the full log from start of the script to end of the webOS Doctor console output to show the full story, rather than reporting snippets of information and leaving out the important bits ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions