Page 137 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    I had another thread going but it quickly died so I'm going to copy and paste the issues i'm having in here:

I got everything finished and the meta-doctor launched the HP Webos doctor and everything ran find and it came up to "charging battery" then after that It said it could not reset phone. Not sure what that's about?
    I charged my battery to 100% and trying again, it's still stuck on the charging battery screen...

Nevermind it finished again and said I was unable to reset my phone... *** am I doing wrong? Do I need to be in or out of dev mode? Because I'm in dev mode.
    Now all of a sudden my phone wont go into the recovery mode when I plug it in... and cmd keeps saying it found 0 devices over and over again...
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Many people have had the same "unable to reset phone" issue. Pull the battery and turn the phone back on. You should see, like many of us, that webOS 2.1.0 installed successfully, despite the error.
    I've tried all that. still see my old stuff and my old iphone theme. the device is now in dev mode, and in recovery mode i'm on the webos doctor, and it's on the step where it says charging battery, but my battery is already 100% and it's going to stay on this screen forever, do I just leave it?

Edit: Nevermind, it just said failed again I got my same Iphone theme and droid boot screen..
    Every time I run the script to compile the Spring Pre Doctor I get an ERROR 1

I have attached the picture of what my error looks like.

Does anyone have any help?

Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes. Hold the volume buttons works, but I wanted to avoid using a mechanical button repeatedly.
    There will be some alternative "soft"
  6.    #2726  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    EdCates and/or Rod:

While talking about PRL-related things in another thread, a thought occurred to me - would it be possible to "borrow" the provisioning service/program from the Verizon 2.0.1 doctor like we "borrow" the CDMA firmware? Are the carriers similar at all in how they do provisioning in webOS?
    Verizon doesn't use a provisioner binary.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #2727  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    That's the error I thought I was quoting many posts' ago when you got scared I was about to fiddle with tokens!

Anyways...

Surely for a UK O2 Pre-, I should be using:

...as per the wiki?

That gives me:

Is there a script I've missed - in which case (in advance) humble apologies for wasting plenty of posts on this!
    The script tells you where the output file is going to be. I suspect you are using one of the input webOS doctors instead of the output webOS doctor that has been customised to have token compatibility with your phone.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  8.    #2728  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStory View Post
    I am tempted to do this Meta-Doctoring on my spare pre. But I am waiting for HP (through Bell, here in Canada) to "do the right thing". I don't know what that will be, but I don't want to mess up my Palm and my profile unecessarily. Can some of you in the know tell me honestly, will HP ever provide me with 2.0/2.1 or is this what they are doing to make up for it?
    There is nobody "in the know" outside of HP, and based on the continual confusion of communication from HP about this issue I doubt that the story inside HP has been finalised either.

-- Rod
  9.    #2729  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    Many people have had the same "unable to reset phone" issue. Pull the battery and turn the phone back on. You should see, like many of us, that webOS 2.1.0 installed successfully, despite the error.
    You should run the webOS Doctor on the command line, and the console output will tell you *exactly* why it could not reset your phone.

The current meta-scripts should *never* cause this issue, so we need to get that console output from those people who are experiencing it to find out what is causing it.

-- Rod
  10.    #2730  
    Quote Originally Posted by skat_et_dieu View Post
    Every time I run the script to compile the Spring Pre Doctor I get an ERROR 1

I have attached the picture of what my error looks like.

Does anyone have any help?

Thanks!!
    Start from scratch and post the whole log, including where it downloads the doctors. Make sure you also show how much disk space is free when the error happens. You should have 10GB available to do this.

-- Rod
  11.    #2731  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I've tried all that. still see my old stuff and my old iphone theme. the device is now in dev mode, and in recovery mode i'm on the webos doctor, and it's on the step where it says charging battery, but my battery is already 100% and it's going to stay on this screen forever, do I just leave it?

Edit: Nevermind, it just said failed again I got my same Iphone theme and droid boot screen..
    Run the doctor on the command line and post the log of the console output.

-- Rod
    I wanted to give a shout out to EdCates for all the help he's provided to people upgrading to 2.1. He originated the scripts, and has been helping folks all along. If you're appreciative send him a donation.

And of course you should be donating to webOS-Internals, (a.k.a RWhitby & Co) who have had a huge role in making this OS so customizable and functional.

Seriously people: Windows 7 is at least $50 retail, Snow Leopard was $30. HP didn't provide this upgrade to us, so please support the hard work these guys have done with a donation for a similar amount.
    My Device info/Firmware is listed as RC1.7(557) should it be 2.0 ?

If yes what do I need to change?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Start from scratch and post the whole log, including where it downloads the doctors. Make sure you also show how much disk space is free when the error happens. You should have 10GB available to do this.

-- Rod
    By starting over do you mean to install and download everything again or just the doctors? I erased the doctors I had because I had downloaded them separately and renamed them. So maybe I named them the wrong thing. I know I have more than 10 GB because my Ubuntu partition is fresh with 30 GB.

I am running the script to create the doctor again but this time i am letting it download the doctors since I erased them. I will post whatever result I get.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    My Device info/Firmware is listed as RC1.7(557) should it be 2.0 ?

If yes what do I need to change?

Cheers
    I think this is your radio firmware. If i recall correctly the Verizon and Sprint scripts automatically update the radio firmware to 1.7.

What carrier are you on?
    Bell - Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by skat_et_dieu View Post
    By starting over do you mean to install and download everything again or just the doctors? I erased the doctors I had because I had downloaded them separately and renamed them. So maybe I named them the wrong thing. I know I have more than 10 GB because my Ubuntu partition is fresh with 30 GB.

I am running the script to create the doctor again but this time i am letting it download the doctors since I erased them. I will post whatever result I get.

Thanks!
    Be sure to to a "git pull" and "make clobber" in the meta-doc directory to ensure that you get the latest scripts and that your new doctor builds correctly.
    Just a note to say install on SprintPre+ worked well, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    Bell - Canada
    Bell Mobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like you're on CDMA, so that must be your radio firmware you're looking at.

You can find out what version of webOS Palm thinks you have by going to Palm Profile and logging in with your profile info. It's in the Device Info app somewhere as well...
    Is it ok that it shows my radio firmware and not "2.0.1"?

Also profile says OS Version - 1.40.50