Page 135 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2681  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I don't think so, but perhaps the scripts for Europe are very different. What I'd like to know is why the "O2 Germany" script was able to update my Palm profile to 2.1.1, while the "WR" ones weren't.
    Because 2.1.0 is officially released for "O2 Germany?"
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  2. #2682  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    What I'd like to know is why the "O2 Germany" script was able to update my Palm profile to 2.1.1, while the "WR" ones weren't.
    Because 2.1.0 is officially released for "O2 Germany?"
    Yeah, right. But that doesn't tell which is the difference among "WR" and "O2" scripts.
    I expected my Pre to attempt connection to that German carrier, and it works here on Movistar. I'm so wondered!
  3. #2683  
    I'm trying to install cygwin and Can't find anything other then python where it lists:

    Windows users can use Cygwin to run the Meta-Doctor.

    Simply install Cygwin, and make sure you include the following additional packages:

    1. Python
    2. Make
    3. Patch
    4. Git
    5. Zip
    6. Unzip
    7. wget

    I can only find python under the install so I just selected install all?
  4. #2684  
    I also cannot find the palm novacom software from HP's homepage it give me in the link... talk about getting ****ed off.
  5. #2685  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    If you're in the US, you should run the AT&T script.
    I'm not in US. I came from VietNam. My Pre also have 3G.

    I'll try with AT&T.

    Thanks EdCates.
  6. #2686  
    I'm on a pre plus ATT, os2 is running good but I think the stock os would be faster with the overclocked kernel, unless I can overclock with 2.1...which I don't think I can according to what I've been reading. I signed up for a palm profile on 2.1, will I be able to use that on stock after downgrading? Sorry I'm kinda new to webos.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #2687  
    Quote Originally Posted by lonton View Post
    I'm not in US. I came from VietNam. My Pre also have 3G.

    I'll try with AT&T.

    Thanks EdCates.
    Sorry, I should have finished my thought. If outside the US, you should use the WR script.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  8. #2688  
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
    I'm on a pre plus ATT, os2 is running good but I think the stock os would be faster with the overclocked kernel, unless I can overclock with 2.1...which I don't think I can according to what I've been reading. I signed up for a palm profile on 2.1, will I be able to use that on stock after downgrading? Sorry I'm kinda new to webos.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Uberkernel (and others) are currently in the Kernel Testing feed (found by looking on the webOS Internals Wiki). I believe Uberkernel is close to being promoted to "stable," so either go get Testing or just hang tight a bit longer. ;-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  9. #2689  
    For those who have doctored and logged in from a 1.4.5 to a 2.1 profile successfully, how does it handle your launcher apps installing automatically? I use the advanced launcher patch and have custom pages. Does it just download all your apps in random order to default pages? I dont want to come across an error with pages/launcher apps transitioning once I make the final switch over to 2.1 due to the launcher patch.
  10. #2690  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

    I should have made it clear that I was aware of the "Preferences>Locate Me Using..." menu and sub-menu so apologies for that.

    I don't think that particular part of the wiki is well written:



    Basically then, the first bullet point is saying to make sure those two options are enabled and test it, and the second says if that doesn't work, do the same thing again?

    Because of the clarity of the rest of the wiki (which by the way, is very well written), I assumed this not to be the case which is why I thought I must've got something wrong with regard to the first bullet point.

    I'll give #*477# a go and see where I get. I've already enabled those options though so if that doesn't work am I in trouble? :s

    Thanks again.
    If that section of the wiki doesn't meet your standards, or is unclear, then please update it so that others can benefit from your lessons.

    Did #*477# work for you?
  11. #2691  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Uberkernel (and others) are currently in the Kernel Testing feed (found by looking on the webOS Internals Wiki). I believe Uberkernel is close to being promoted to "stable," so either go get Testing or just hang tight a bit longer. ;-)
    Oh cool, can I get testing through preware? And would I use govnah with it?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12. #2692  
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
    Oh cool, can I get testing through preware? And would I use govnah with it?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    See:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  13. #2693  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Okay, got it working. Much better now thanks a lot. Lets see if I can fry my phone now lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14. #2694  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I'm trying to install cygwin and Can't find anything other then python where it lists:

    Windows users can use Cygwin to run the Meta-Doctor.

    Simply install Cygwin, and make sure you include the following additional packages:

    1. Python
    2. Make
    3. Patch
    4. Git
    5. Zip
    6. Unzip
    7. wget

    I can only find python under the install so I just selected install all?
    Try this Cygwin installation steps to see if it helps.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  15. #2695  
    Is it or will it be possible to run webOS repair utility on the machine
    (sprint pre plus w/2.1) to check for errors. I know the repair utility needs to be pointed at a doctor in order to verify the files.

    I usually always have a md5sum error (cant remember the exact spelling) after I plus a Sprint pre. I have plussed a couple of them for friends.

    I plan on upgrading mine to 2.1 this weekend.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  16. #2696  
    are the scripts updating(adding) automatic or do I have to download meta-doctor once again, with new scripts?
  17. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #2697  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    are the scripts updating(adding) automatic or do I have to download meta-doctor once again, with new scripts?
    cd meta-doctor
    git pull

    You're updated
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  18. #2698  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Try this Cygwin installation steps to see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTej22 View Post
    I'm trying to install cygwin and Can't find anything other then python where it lists:

    Windows users can use Cygwin to run the Meta-Doctor.

    Simply install Cygwin, and make sure you include the following additional packages:

    1. Python
    2. Make
    3. Patch
    4. Git
    5. Zip
    6. Unzip
    7. wget

    I can only find python under the install so I just selected install all?
    I have tried to help on this issue in another thread. I have not done the upgrade but I did confirm that the packages can be downloaded during setup with cygwin.

    See my reply here: http://forums.precentral.net/2902075-post19.html
  19. #2699  
    Sweet! I have 2.1.0 now with all my Sprint apps (can't tell you how, you'll have to search for that, although seriously Palm, 2.X is pretty old at this point, make it public so people don't keep running into the NDA) and I've successfully purchased/downloaded Music (Remix). I had it working on a new profile on a device I had to return to insurance, but when I did my profile the first time, it went to 9.9.9. I couldn't get it back when I downgraded to 1.4.5. It turns out it was because I turned off backup before downgrading the first time. The second time I didn't, the phone decided that the existing profile was corrupt and overwrote it with 1.40.50, then I was successfully able to go through the 2.1.0 upgrade process again and everything worked! Thanks to everyone who contributed to making the meta scripts a breeze!
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
  20. #2700  
    Hello.
    I have a P101UNA updated to 2.1.0 using meta-att-script and it works great.
    But I have a problem: if I put the "dealer voice" in the quick launch bar, disappears after a Luna Restart.
    Not so with other applications such as, for example, Contacts.
    Is it a problem of 2.1.0, "dealer voice" or mine?
    Thank you

Posting Permissions