Page 134 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2661  
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    After typing "java -jar webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0" I get "Unable to access jarfile webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0" EDIT: forgot.jar, re-running now

When it said "INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back" (4%), I unplug and replugged it, and it changed from the USB logo to the palm logo, hangs, and I get an error that the phone was disconnected.

I tried again without unplugging it, and I got the same token error message and it boots into 1.4.5 (8%)
    Wait for a while before you unplug and replug it. It needs to reboot into the ramdisk first (change from USB logo to palm logo plus a little while).

Note that all of these cannot doctor problems are due to the novacom drivers on Windows.

Do it on a Mac or native Linux box and you'll have much more success.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Wait for a while before you unplug and replug it. It needs to reboot into the ramdisk first (change from USB logo to palm logo plus a little while).

Note that all of these cannot doctor problems are due to the novacom drivers on Windows.

Do it on a Mac or native Linux box and you'll have much more success.

-- Rod
    Right, that's my next project - I've got a box running Ubuntu 10.10 - will try that. Thanks...
    I ran it on 10.10 and it still gets to 8% and then boots into 1.4.5, here is the terminal dump

Code:
    update Loading Ramdisk50
    Mar 8, 2011 3:04:54 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

Mar 8, 2011 3:05:11 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

Mar 8, 2011 3:05:11 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : Verizon

INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : row and carrierToken on the device is : verizon

Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure 
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:276)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1299571520215
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
  4.    #2664  
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    I ran it on 10.10 and it still gets to 8% and then boots into 1.4.5, here is the terminal dump

Code:
    update Loading Ramdisk50
    Mar 8, 2011 3:04:54 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : Verizon

INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : row and carrierToken on the device is : verizon

Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1299571520215
    Mar 8, 2011 3:05:20 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    Which script are you running? You have a Verizon device, so you should be running the verizon script.

Note that if you'd pasted that output the *first* time you asked a question, you would have got help much quicker, as the error is obvious ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

I should have made it clear that I was aware of the "Preferences>Locate Me Using..." menu and sub-menu so apologies for that.

I don't think that particular part of the wiki is well written:

* To enable GPS functionality it may be necessary to go to the "Location Services" application, make sure that "GPS", and "GPS Location Services" are enabled. Test the GPS using ##477# (##GPS#) from the phone application, and press the "Get Fix" button.
    * If neither ##477# utility nor Google Maps is able to successfully fix your position, return to the "Location Services" application, open the Preferences menu, expand Locate Me Using... and ensure that both GPS and Google Services are selected...
    Basically then, the first bullet point is saying to make sure those two options are enabled and test it, and the second says if that doesn't work, do the same thing again?

Because of the clarity of the rest of the wiki (which by the way, is very well written), I assumed this not to be the case which is why I thought I must've got something wrong with regard to the first bullet point.

I'll give #*477# a go and see where I get. I've already enabled those options though so if that doesn't work am I in trouble? :s

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    Now, let's see what my Palm profile web page says... BANG! I'm on "9.9.9".
    I think the tested solution to get rid of the 9.9.9 profile is to doctor back to 1.4.5, log in to your profile with 1.4.5, disable backups and allow to delete your profile backup.
    But I was unable to disable backup and delete profile, prior to my first 2.1 upgrade. It was the first step in the guide, and I followed it throughly. I ended with a 2.1 phone and 1.4.5 profile. But yes, I'll take the plunge this time.

I've just redoctored, with "Palm(R) webOS(tm) Doctor (Build 236.222 06/04/10 18:34)": Back to good old 1.4.5... just for minutes! Gotta love that Palm logo. Can we have it back on 2.1, by the way?

Anyway, this time I've been able to erase profile. But also the "first run" app said that there was nothing in it.

Um... Surprise: The contents of the USB ("/media/internal") are gone! Luckily, I have them elsewhere.

Now, let's refresh the metadoctor - UGH! The webos-internals wiki is dowwwnnn!

MySQL returned error "1030: Got error -1 from storage engine (10.10.10.99)
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 03/08/2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    What? You don't have it memorized yet?

No no, I kid, I kid . . . .

Check Google for a cached version.
    If I wanted to go back to 1.4 or whatever the stock is for my pre plus, I just use the doctor for that one correct? I think I saw it make a .jar for my stock version....also can I use the same profile I made with os2.1?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Is it or will it be possible to run webOS repair utility on the machine to check for errors. I usually always have a md5sum error (cant remember the exact spelling) after I plus a Sprint pre. I have plussed a couple of them for friends.

I plan on upgrading mine to 2.1 this weekend.
    Still getting nowhere on this.

I have tried all sorts of timings of detaching and reattaching the pre after the 4% moment - immediately, giving it a few seconds and waiting until after 8% is reached. Nothing changes - the doctor simply sits there giving the final line (to do with a token error) as quoted before.

The only way I've found to make it even spot something's stopped/is amiss is to then switch off the pre and force it into recovery mode by 'up vol + reinsert usb' at which point (only when I've toggled a restart on the novacom driver) I get:

update Loading Ramdisk50
    08-Mar-2011 13:00:04 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    08-Mar-2011 13:00:20 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    08-Mar-2011 13:00:20 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    08-Mar-2011 13:00:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW
    08-Mar-2011 13:00:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU
    INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken on the device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu

#####THIS IS THE 4% HANG MARK#####

08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNING: Handled Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:292
    ) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1299589617183
    08-Mar-2011 13:06:57 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:292
    ) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I know you said to try Linux, but I've no access to a working Linux box at the mo (and in the few minutes this morning I didn't get the wubi install to boot on my Win7 machine... very frustrating), but thought I'd post the log just in case it gives more of a clue.
    Now that the wiki is up again, I'm going to rebuild my meta-doctor, because I believe it's been enhanced since my first success last week. I will follow this advice, although sounds weird:

For WR devices, you should attempt to use the O2 script above first, and if you end up with a 9.9.9 version in your palm profile, then use this WR script instead
    How will my Pre know that my provider is not O2 Germany, but Movistar Spain?

Anyway, I run "./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0", and in some minutes, the new Doctor is in da house, in "build/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar", precisely.

After realizing I now have a stock 1.4.5 Pre, without the mandatory developer mode, I enable it, and reboot.

Doctor is doing its kung foo now (third time in a week!). Will I get a 2.1 profile now? Will it start speaking german to me? Who knows...

Woot! It has successfully logged to my profile, and it's now restoring... nothing, as I wiped it beforehand. All OK, final reboot.

My profile reads a glorious "2.1.0"!

Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    Installing 2.1 ends up in a boot loop. And, it won't stop till I pull out the battery.

I have doctored it back to 1.4.5. That works, the phone boots up and I get to choose a language and log in to my Palm profile. Installing 2.1 after a doctored 1.4.5 has yet again resulted in a boot loop.
    I have exactly the same problem.

My procedure was following:

- read the howto 2 times
    - Copied all the files from the USB drive
    - Installed Cygwin and MetaDoctor on my xp machine
    - Installed the Palm SDK
    - erased my palm and created a new profile
    - I ran "./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0" in Cygwin
    - After a while, webOSDoctor was launched. I couldn't install it due to novacom issues
    - installed it with my win 7 (x64) laptop without any hassle
    - Afer finising installing 2.1, the phone boots up webOS 2.1 and from that moment on it reboots.

I am going to try it on my arch linux machine in the next days.

If there are any logs or so I can provide to get an webos 2.1 experience, I would be glad to do so
    My profile reads a glorious "2.1.0"!

Congrats! Welcome to the 2.1 club! We are now the elite WebOS-ers, and on legacy devices :P Never thought I'd say that.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have successfully flashed my German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 (doctor set to include my wifi prefs and preware including testing feeds).

Someone reported problems earlier with the O2 Pre- if not setting the language to German - well, I used US English (like in my profile) and everything went smoothly. I have access to full German app catalog including paid apps and my Palm Profile has changed to 2.1.0 - still installing apps but everything looks fine so far including auto installation of Preware.

Since I'm not on a supported carrier I will have to manually update my apn/mms settings but this I have not confirmed yet.

As soon as my apps have reinstalled i will install the UberKernal and increase the compachesize.

By the way, the instructions on the wiki-page regarding how to get terminal access reffered to the now obsolete "Step 5" - I uptated the reference to the wiki-page regarding Accessing Linux on the Pre...
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Quick question. I upgraded my Sprint Pre- on the first day that the scripts were out. I manually completed the process of unmasqing and can see everything in the catalog except 2.X only apps. I understand that the doctors people are using today allow them to see the full catalog. Is there a method I can use to do this without re-doctoring?
    Any reason after 2.1.0 on my Pre Plus that it wont save the wallpaper after a restart?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    I understand that the doctors people are using today allow them to see the full catalog.
    I don't think so, but perhaps the scripts for Europe are very different. What I'd like to know is why the "O2 Germany" script was able to update my Palm profile to 2.1.1, while the "WR" ones weren't.
    Hi guys,

I need your help, please.

I have a FrankPre ( Sprint Pre with GSM board - I have no idea where it came from).

Which script should I run (Sprint or another GSM script )? Because my Pre is no more Sprint ...

Please help me.
    Thanks a lot .
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Quick question. I upgraded my Sprint Pre- on the first day that the scripts were out. I manually completed the process of unmasqing and can see everything in the catalog except 2.X only apps. I understand that the doctors people are using today allow them to see the full catalog. Is there a method I can use to do this without re-doctoring?
    No, I don't think so. You'd have to sign out of and sign back into your Palm Profile on the device, which if memory serves (I've been accidentally knocked out a time or two back in the buggier days) resets your device anyway.

Anyone who is still running a masqed profile is encouraged to "upgrade"/redoctor if that is an option (sorry, AT&T users). It can only result in fewer problems down the road for you. As Rod has said many times in this thread, re-doctoring is the price you pay for being in on the forefront of untested technology.

For what it's worth, you might just need to do it this one last time. ;-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by lonton View Post
    Hi guys,

I need your help, please.

I have a FrankPre ( Sprint Pre with GSM board - I have no idea where it came from).

Which script should I run (Sprint or another GSM script )? Because my Pre is no more Sprint ...

Please help me.
    Thanks a lot .
    If you're in the US, you should run the AT&T script.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI