Page 133 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    To all that have spent the time and effort into making this as easy as possible to upgrade, I thank you! I read the wiki from front to back and back to front and even sideways lol. I had no problems upgrading. But....

I do have a question. I've read that some people are having problems charging their batteries. I don't have that problem, but I do have a great discovery! My battery in 1.4.5 used to have to be charged twice daily inorder for me to keep my phone from shutting off. But now with 2.1, installed two days ago, I have yet to see it drop below 90% charge each day. I am not complaining by any means lol. I've just wondering if anyone else has observed this same thing happening with their own phone.

ATT pre plus model P101UNA is what I have by the way.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Just noticed today I only have EV and not 3G. anyone else having this problem? might have happened when I updated my PRL.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Just noticed today I only have EV and not 3G. anyone else having this problem? might have happened when I updated my PRL.

You must have had the patch installed that changed that icon. They are the same thing.

M.
  4.    #2644  
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    I do have a question. I've read that some people are having problems charging their batteries. I don't have that problem, but I do have a great discovery! My battery in 1.4.5 used to have to be charged twice daily inorder for me to keep my phone from shutting off. But now with 2.1, installed two days ago, I have yet to see it drop below 90% charge each day. I am not complaining by any means lol. I've just wondering if anyone else has observed this same thing happening with their own phone.
    That is due to the better power management of background services in 2.x

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I don't have that specific patch but I am in the process of removing my most resent patches.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is due to the better power management of background services in 2.x

-- Rod
    Fantastic! That is just so great! Thanks you for the quick answer!
    3) Before and after each step, take a photograph that shows exactly what you are doing.
    I was about to go this route too. Ask him to post a YouTube video of him actually doing the steps...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    ...make sure that "GPS", and "GPS Location Services" are enabled.
    Before

After
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    when I go to "Location Services" I don't have any "GPS" and "GPS Location Services" options to enable
    As many have written already, you will find them in the application menu.

Also, if I go to the phone app and dial "##477#" it doesn't launch anything that allows to click "Get Fix".
    On GSM Pres, that would be #*477# instead of ##477#.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Listen to this! And make sure you're holding the volume up button until you see the special screen!
    Instead of writing many many small posts saying it doesn't work, how about you do the following:

1) Read the recovery wiki page five times from top to bottom.

2) Perform the procedure contained on that page, step by step.

3) Before and after each step, take a photograph that shows exactly what you are doing.

4) Post the list of steps you took, and the corresponding before and after photographs in an *SINGLE* post in this thread.

5) DO NOT POST AGAIN IN THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS.

To put it bluntly, I don't believe that you are performing the steps correctly, so you need to prove that you are. Photographic evidence is the only evidence that I will accept at this point, cause I don't trust that you are reporting your situation correctly.

I know those are harsh words, but any other way of trying to assist you is having no success at the moment, so an intervention is required.

-- Rod
    Don't worry I'm done my palm pre is going back tomorrow to the store and I'm going back to my lovely blackberry that everything is so simple and great. Good bye !
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Don't worry I'm done my palm pre is going back tomorrow to the store and I'm going back to my lovely blackberry that everything is so simple and great. Good bye !
    I will not bash any platform in this thread. I'll just say that there's NO OTHER COMMUNITY like webOS, and this thread is what makes it SO GOOD!!!
    To all that have spent the time and effort into making this as easy as possible to upgrade, I thank you! I read the wiki from front to back and back to front and even sideways lol. I had no problems upgrading. But....

ATT pre plus model P101UNA is what I have by the way.
    With respect to the battery not charging; I think that when it's in dev mode, it won't charge from a usb. That's how mine is behaving. It will charge from the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by doyleedwin457 View Post
    With respect to the battery not charging; I think that when it's in dev mode, it won't charge from a usb. That's how mine is behaving. It will charge from the wall.
    Hmmmm never had a problem with charging, only keeping the battery charged lol. Now with the upgrade it is great that I don't have to keep it plugged in. I could literally see my battery draining during normal use before I upgraded. Now it keeps a charge with normal usage. I kind of wish that Palm/HP had fixed the problem in 1.4.5 but like everyone is saying on here, they don't want to waste resources on an older platform. Which I can see from a business standpoint, don't agree with that policy, but I can see why.
    Hey,

So Ive been running Webos 2.1 on my Sprint pre minus for some time now. I have a few patches installed, one of unix's kernels and I am lovin it. I really just want to thank everyone for their hard work. It takes a lot of time and effort to make sure everyone is happy and to work out all the bugs and glitches. Especially with putting up with people who dont always follow the rules. (Ex. IT/helpdesk ) Now developer. If I had a sustained job and wasnt in college scrambling for money to buy food I would donate every week.

WebOs community

ps.

For those who doctor to the webos 2.1 and get the timeout / pre not found error here was my solution:

1: Put pre on touch stone
    2: uninstall novacom / reinstall from version in 2.1 doctor
    3. make sure novacom is started
    4. 2nd usb and plug usb pre to usb computer. (yeah still on touch stone)
    5. Run doctor (also I did all my doctoring with the pre at 100%)
    6. Enjoy!

I didnt need the touch stone when using my desktop PC. However when using my laptop it would timeout / pre disconnect before it could doctor. Maybe some usb power issue. who really knows? Also all my doctors for 2.1 have been on Windows 7 x64 machines.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Hey did any one notice that the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki is down?
  16.    #2656  
    Hey did any one notice that the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki is down?
    Yes, and the wiki down page provides a convenient box into which you can cut and paste the desired URL to access the google cached version of the page.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    That's a really thorough explanation - thanks so much... but it's exactly and precisely what I've been doing!

:-(

It's simply that the usb icon - when the doctor hits 4% - turns into the palm logo, which a few minutes later disappears to reveal a completely untouched 1.4.5 installation!
    I'm having the same issue that richard is, It goes into recovery mode, but at 8 percent it boots into 1.4.5
  18.    #2658  
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    I'm having the same issue that richard is, It goes into recovery mode, but at 8 percent it boots into 1.4.5
    Are you running the jar file on the command line (java -jar <filename>) and watching the doctor console output?

Unplug and replug the device when the console output says it is waiting for it.

-- Rod
    Are you running the jar file on the command line (java -jar <filename>) and watching the doctor console output?

Unplug and replug the device when the console output says it is waiting for it.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod - I've now had a chance to try exactly that and nothing changes. The cmd window output doesn't change (just the error msg about tokens) and the Pre continues into 1.4.5... OR if I wait until it fully reboots then unplug, shut down and replug in recovery mode, the Doctor dumps out and says it can't update my phone.

Bother!
    After typing "java -jar webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0" I get "Unable to access jarfile webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0" EDIT: forgot.jar, re-running now

When it said "INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back" (4%), I unplug and replugged it, and it changed from the USB logo to the palm logo, hangs, and I get an error that the phone was disconnected.

I tried again without unplugging it, and I got the same token error message and it boots into 1.4.5 (8%)
    Last edited by caltemus; 03/08/2011 at 01:23 AM.