Page 131 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141181 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2601  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    I am installing 2.1 again and I am seeing some errors.

Etcetera, etcetera...

These errors aren't supposed to show up, right?

Edit: I guess it's time to redo everything from top to bottom. That could solve the problem.
    Those errors are normal.

I suggest you watch the output of a normal 1.4.5 doctor to compare.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #2602  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    OK, did as you suggested - ran from the cmd line. Same happened again (started to reboot at 4% - where it says Ramdisk: booting in the output below - and then hangs at 8% at the end of the script below (hence the question about tokens which now seems a red herring).

Still no joy... hmmmm...
    When it hangs at 8% waiting for the device, unplug it and replug it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've tried that 2 or 3 times already (though, I confess, not with the command line logging, so I'll try again when I'm home later) - i.e. trying different timings for when to unplug/replug... nothing changes and the phone just continues to reboot to 1.4.5 - apart from when I pulled the battery and forced recovery mode again - at which point everything just continues to hang.
    Is there any way to re-run the first use app, as when the Doctor finishes its job? I've searched a bit here, but haven't found an answer. I'd like to run the first use app again, to see if I can log into my profile with the 2.1 "palm-build-info" I have now.

What exactly does trigger the first use app? Is it anything I can set through console, for example?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Is there any way to re-run the first use app, as when the Doctor finishes its job? I've searched a bit here, but haven't found an answer. I'd like to run the first use app again, to see if I can log into my profile with the 2.1 "palm-build-info" I have now.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $have$ $to$ $go$ $through$ $Device$ $Info$ -&$gt$; $Reset$ $Options$ -&$gt$; $Erase$ $Apps$/$Data$. $After$ $rebooting$, $you$ $get$ $to$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $your$ $Profile$ $again$, $and$ $it$ $will$ $restore$ $apps$ $and$ $the$ $date$ $which$ $was$ $saved$ $in$ $your$ $Palm$ $profile$. $For$ $other$ $data$, $see$ $webos$-$internals$' $Save$/$Restore$.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    trying different timings for when to unplug/replug... nothing changes and the phone just continues to reboot to 1.4.5 - apart from when I pulled the battery and forced recovery mode again - at which point everything just continues to hang.
    1) When you get to this screen (pictured below), unplug the usb cable from the phone.

2) Hold down the Up volume button and the power button at the same time. Then plug-in the usb cable to the phone - the screen change to usb icon (pictured below).

If you get any other icon other than the usb icon, unplug the usb cable from the phone and remove the battery. Hold down the Up Volume button and the power button, then insert the usb cable (the screen should now show a battery icon with question mark in the middle), then insert the battery - phone should show the usb icon now.

3) You may get a prompt to install drivers for the phone - I recommend cancel.

5) After webOS Doctor detects the phone, the Next button become visible (pictured below). Click Next to proceed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 03/07/2011 at 05:32 AM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    I'd like to run the first use app again, to see if I can log into my profile with the 2.1 "palm-build-info" I have now.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $have$ $to$ $go$ $through$ $Device$ $Info$ -&$gt$; $Reset$ $Options$ -&$gt$; $Erase$ $Apps$/$Data$. $After$ $rebooting$, $you$ $get$ $to$ $log$ $in$ $to$ $your$ $Profile$ $again$, $and$ $it$ $will$ $restore$ $apps$ $and$ $the$ $date$ $which$ $was$ $saved$ $in$ $your$ $Palm$ $profile$.
    Oh, thanks, didn't thought about that. I've just erased data the way you've told me (without making a backup to profile first!), and now it's rebooting. Nice penguin, by the way...

The "first use" app has indeed started. I select language ("Spanish / Spain"), confirm. Curiously, the clock says it's 05:30 AM...

Asks for PIN of my SIM card, fine. I accept the license agreement, and attempt to log to my profile. Address and password set, now waiting for the session to start...

It indeed logs in, and now it's recovering backup, I wonder what information is exactly there. By the way, the clock is now right.

It even offers me to resynchronize my e-mail account. All fine, it has finished successfully. But it seems Luna is restarting now, as I see the HP logo glowing, although it takes longer than a simple Luna restart.

Alright, here it is back. All my prewares are gone, though. My phone name is also gone (I like to call it "Croqueto"!), but of course, it says it's running "HP webOS 2.1.0".

Now, let's see what my Palm profile web page says... BANG! I'm on "9.9.9". Of course, the official App catalog shows complete emptyness.

Is it the only thing I'm going to miss? Will I ever be able to have a 2.1 profile?

I guess that, instead of redoctoring, I could put the 1.4.5 version of "palm-build-info" back, and run again the first use app. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Where do I find the latest Novacom? I do have webOS 2.1.0 SDK installed.
    Then you should already have it.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Just want to say this worked perfectly and has breathed new life into a tired Pre-. Thanks for all you gents do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Now, let's see what my Palm profile web page says... BANG! I'm on "9.9.9".

I guess that, instead of redoctoring, I could put the 1.4.5 version of "palm-build-info" back, and run again the first use app. What do you think?
    I think the tested solution to get rid of the 9.9.9 profile is to doctor back to 1.4.5, log in to your profile with 1.4.5, disable backups and allow to delete your profile backup. (Your app purchases will be preserved.)

Then, run the complete meta-doctor procedure from the Wiki. Make sure you remove the current meta-doctor and git clone a fresh one. This ensures you have the latest updates to the meta scripts. This gives you the best chance to get to a 2.1.0 profile.

Select the meta script you need, build the doctor, and doctor to 2.1.0. With those latest scripts, you will not need to restore any palm-build-info; everything should be good once you re-login to your profile. (Your profile will be converted to 2.1.0 on the carriers where it has been found working; it will be masqueraded as 1.4.5 on the other ones.)

I think if you follow the current Wiki procedure you have the best odds of arriving at a successful 2.1.0 installation; also others may be able to assist you. If you decide to deviate, you're on your own.

Good luck!

Max
    If I put 2.1 on an unlocked pre plus GSM, will it still be unlocked afterwards? Also does it run any faster or is the battery life any better?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    1) When you get to this screen (pictured below), unplug the usb cable from the phone.

2) Hold down the Up volume button and the power button at the same time. Then plug-in the usb cable to the phone - the screen change to usb icon (pictured below).

If you get any other icon other than the usb icon, unplug the usb cable from the phone and remove the battery. Hold down the Up Volume button and the power button, then insert the usb cable (the screen should now show a battery icon with question mark in the middle), then insert the battery - phone should show the usb icon now.

5) After webOS Doctor detects the phone, the Next button become visible (pictured below). Click Next to proceed.
    That's a really thorough explanation - thanks so much... but it's exactly and precisely what I've been doing!

:-(

It's simply that the usb icon - when the doctor hits 4% - turns into the palm logo, which a few minutes later disappears to reveal a completely untouched 1.4.5 installation!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post

i tried all this and i still cant the usb picture on my phone and my windows xp cant detect my phone i tried everything
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    i tried all this and i still cant the usb picture on my phone and my windows xp cant detect my phone i tried everything
    Turn off your phone, take out the battery

Hold the volume up rocker, plug the phone into your computer
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Unplug phone from computer.
    Restart computer. Do not plug in phone until computer is fully booted to desktop.

Turn off your phone, take out the battery.
    Put battery back in.

Hold the volume up rocker as you plug in the phone to your computer.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 03/07/2011 at 01:40 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Unplug phone from computer.
    Restart computer. Do not plug in phone until computer is fully booted to desktop.

Turn off your phone, take out the battery.
    Put battery back in.

Hold the volume up rocker as you plug in the phone to your computer.
    i tried this ton of times in the last week and it just not working
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    i tried this ton of times in the last week and it just not working

1. Take the USB cable out of the computer.
    2. Shutdown the phone to complete power off.
    3. Hold the Volume Up button with the phone's power OFF and the USB cable UNPLUGGED.
    4. *THEN* plug the USB cable into your computer while still holding Volume Up.

It will automatically power on and go into recovery mode. Are you doing it EXACTLY like that?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
    If I put 2.1 on an unlocked pre plus GSM, will it still be unlocked afterwards? Also does it run any faster or is the battery life any better?
    It's still unlocked, unlike the iPhones
    It feels faster than a stock 1.4.5 phone
    The battery life, I feel it better, but not too much.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It's still unlocked, unlike the iPhones
    It feels faster than a stock 1.4.5 phone
    The battery life, I feel it better, but not too much.
    Okay cool, thanks.
    I notice the wiki is missing a list of what is for sure lost and what is maybe lost after the upgrade. For example, I think text message history is lost no matter what (attachments can be backed up) but memos are only lost if you can't manage to update without deleting your profile?

It's a 2600 message thread here, so just a quick question - is it accurate to say this list does not exist anywhere?

If that is true, if people would post to the thread what they know about what does or does not stay, I'll try to add that list to the wiki.
    Last edited by notcalvin; 03/07/2011 at 02:29 PM.