Page 130 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2581  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I'm in the process of going through all 130 pages of this thread, but thought I'd ask as it might get me an answer faster.
    When trying to set up Meta-Doctor using Cygwin, I can't get past the 'git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git' portion. I keep getting 'bash: git: command not found' so I'm not able to go futher.
    I've redownloaded Cygwin 3 times already, do I need to be using Ubuntu with it? The Wiki is not too clear on this.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    I had a similar problem, which I attributed to not having all of the packages that Cygwin required. Don't think that it's a problem with the Wiki. More with finding the right packages in the Cygwin package list.

    I ended up using Wubi/Ubuntu to just do the git command (needed to load git separately), saving the Meta- Doctor files to a Windows accessible drive and then went back to Windows and copied those files into Cygwin/Home/John/meta-doctor (replace John with your user name) and continued with the Cygwin method. I felt more comfortable doing that than operating in Ubuntu.

    Sounds convoluted, but it worked.
  2.    #2582  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The output is attached.
    Again, plenty of space. Tried from another partition that had more space as well, same result.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: Sorry for not posting the whole output the first time around. Duh!
    What are the md5sums of the ./build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar file and all the files in the ./build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/ directory.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #2583  
    Well, I just followed the upgrade instructions on the webOS Internals wiki... Everything goes fine, but after installing 2.1 my Palm Pre (O2) keeps rebooting. The boot animation has changed from "Palm" to an image of Tux.

    What does this mean and how can I fix it?
  4. #2584  
    I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Put 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre- several days ago (back-up phone) and now really wanting this on my Sprint Pre Plus. Man I think all I need is Terminal for OpenSSH to finally take the plunge.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  5. #2585  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    Well, I just followed the upgrade instructions on the webOS Internals wiki... Everything goes fine, but after installing 2.1 my Palm Pre (O2) keeps rebooting. The boot animation has changed from "Palm" to an image of Tux.

    What does this mean and how can I fix it?
    It means you're harvesting the fruit of webOS Internal's labor, and that you now have their logo as the boot image for your phone. :-)

    It's a custom boot image added by the meta-script/Makefile. There's where you'd look to change it.
  6. #2586  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    Well, I just followed the upgrade instructions on the webOS Internals wiki... Everything goes fine, but after installing 2.1 my Palm Pre (O2) keeps rebooting. The boot animation has changed from "Palm" to an image of Tux.

    What does this mean and how can I fix it?
    You may want to re-post your problem with more specific information about exactly what you have done so far, and when it is rebooting. See the first post of this thread for a "how to post smart questions" primer.
  7. #2587  
    Hi,
    I've successfully created the modified doctor using meta-doctor, but it fails to install.

    I can get up to the point where it asks to connect my device to the usb cable.
    It stays stuck on "Charging Battery" for a while, then errors outs stating it was unable to reset my phone.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
  8. #2588  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Hi,
    I've successfully created the modified doctor using meta-doctor, but it fails to install.

    I can get up to the point where it asks to connect my device to the usb cable.
    It stays stuck on "Charging Battery" for a while, then errors outs stating it was unable to reset my phone.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Forgot to mention I've tried on a Sprint Pre and ATT Pre Plus.
  9. #2589  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Forgot to mention I've tried on a Sprint Pre and ATT Pre Plus.
    What OS do you have on your computer? Do you have the latest Novacom package installed?
  10.    #2590  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Put 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre- several days ago (back-up phone) and now really wanting this on my Sprint Pre Plus. Man I think all I need is Terminal for OpenSSH to finally take the plunge.
    You can set up OpenSSH using novaterm instead of terminal.

    -- Rod
  11.    #2591  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    Well, I just followed the upgrade instructions on the webOS Internals wiki... Everything goes fine, but after installing 2.1 my Palm Pre (O2) keeps rebooting. The boot animation has changed from "Palm" to an image of Tux.

    What does this mean and how can I fix it?
    If your phone is in a reboot loop, I would doctor it back to 1.4.5, test that it boots correctly, then doctor back to 2.+.0 again. A reboot loop is not an expected outcome of this process.

    -- Rod
  12.    #2592  
    Can someone please change the Wiki to make sure that any time someone runs a doctor, they do so from the command line and watch the ouput. Double clicking on a doctor to start it is absolutely forbidden in this thread, since you miss out of critical diagnostic information by doing so.

    -- Rod
  13. #2593  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What are the md5sums of the ./build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar file and all the files in the ./build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/ directory.

    -- Rod
    Rod... well I honestly can't say at this point. This old p.o.s of a computer (I loaded Ubuntu on to try this meta-doc stuff out on) turned off on me for no apparent reason. So I got a secondary (most likely another p.o.s) computer going with Ubuntu to try again.

    I apologize for not being able to actually continue with the troubleshooting due to the mentioned issue.

    However, on a more positive note... on this secondary box with Ubuntu I did encounter the same/similar problem again, but I noticed the checksum was wrong on the verizon doctor image. Isn't the check on the file part of the script now? Anyway I deleted it and reran the script and it worked. It is sitting at a prompt ready for me to doctor my Pre.

    So again, I apologize for the work you were putting into my problem only for me not to be able to continue on with that problem. I'm no Linux guru and I can not honestly say what was different with this other Ubuntu install, but things seems fine now at this point. I'll give the doctor a run tomorrow after work and report back. If all is good, I will be following step 6 shortly thereafter.

    I am still curious though regarding the issue I was having. Was there something the script was having trouble with since it appeared that the doctor images checked out (md5sums)? It will bother me that we were not able to get to the bottom of it. I'll try and resurrect that other box and see if I can get back to the directories/files to get an answer to your follow-up question.

    Thanks Rod!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #2594  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can set up OpenSSH using novaterm instead of terminal.

    -- Rod
    Oh, sure Rod throw a candy bar at me. Now I gotta look that up. Been a long time since I used novaterm for that. Need to be able to access the Pre via Filezilla/WIFI.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  15.    #2595  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Rod... well I honestly can't say at this point. This old p.o.s of a computer (I loaded Ubuntu on to try this meta-doc stuff out on) turned off on me for no apparent reason. So I got a secondary (most likely another p.o.s) computer going with Ubuntu to try again.

    I apologize for not being able to actually continue with the troubleshooting due to the mentioned issue.

    However, on a more positive note... on this secondary box with Ubuntu I did encounter the same/similar problem again, but I noticed the checksum was wrong on the verizon doctor image. Isn't the check on the file part of the script now? Anyway I deleted it and reran the script and it worked. It is sitting at a prompt ready for me to doctor my Pre.

    So again, I apologize for the work you were putting into my problem only for me not to be able to continue on with that problem. I'm no Linux guru and I can not honestly say what was different with this other Ubuntu install, but things seems fine now at this point. I'll give the doctor a run tomorrow after work and report back. If all is good, I will be following step 6 shortly thereafter.

    I am still curious though regarding the issue I was having. Was there something the script was having trouble with since it appeared that the doctor images checked out (md5sums)? It will bother me that we were not able to get to the bottom of it. I'll try and resurrect that other box and see if I can get back to the directories/files to get an answer to your follow-up question.

    Thanks Rod!
    At this point, I'd suspect memory errors on the old computer.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #2596  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    What OS do you have on your computer? Do you have the latest Novacom package installed?

    Where do I find the latest Novacom? I do have webOS 2.1.0 SDK installed.
  17. #2597  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    It means you're harvesting the fruit of webOS Internal's labor, and that you now have their logo as the boot image for your phone. :-)

    It's a custom boot image added by the meta-script/Makefile. There's where you'd look to change it.
    Ah, thanks. After installing 2.1 the phone doesn't boot further than the boot image.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    You may want to re-post your problem with more specific information about exactly what you have done so far, and when it is rebooting. See the first post of this thread for a "how to post smart questions" primer.
    Of course.

    My problem is that my phone doesn't boot correctly.

    I have followed the instructions on WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals.
    - Copied all the files from the USB drive
    - Installed Cygwin and MetaDoctor on my laptop (Windows 7)
    - Installed the Palm SDK
    - (Also installed webOS Quick Install to make sure I had the Novacom drivers)
    - [It took a very long time to turn backups off, so I cancelled that] (So, if I'm correct, my Palm profile is not erased)
    - I ran "./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0" in Cygwin
    - After a while, webOSDoctor was launched. I installed 2.1 with the doctor.
    - Afer finising installing 2.1, the phone boots up webOS 2.1 and from that moment on it reboots.

    The result:


    Installing 2.1 ends up in a boot loop. And, it won't stop till I pull out the battery.


    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If your phone is in a reboot loop, I would doctor it back to 1.4.5, test that it boots correctly, then doctor back to 2.+.0 again. A reboot loop is not an expected outcome of this process.

    -- Rod
    I have doctored it back to 1.4.5. That works, the phone boots up and I get to choose a language and log in to my Palm profile. Installing 2.1 after a doctored 1.4.5 has yet again resulted in a boot loop.
  18.    #2598  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarGon View Post
    I have doctored it back to 1.4.5. That works, the phone boots up and I get to choose a language and log in to my Palm profile. Installing 2.1 after a doctored 1.4.5 has yet again resulted in a boot loop.
    Unfortunately, you're the only person I know who has reported that problem, and I can't see anything you've done wrong, so I don't have an answer for you.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #2599  
    I am installing 2.1 again and I am seeing some errors.

    WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
    7-mrt-2011 9:50:47 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-log"
    7-mrt-2011 9:50:49 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory

    WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
    7-mrt-2011 9:50:49 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    /var/db: clean, 11/36864 files, 5283/36864 blocks
    7-mrt-2011 9:51:08 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-filecache"

    <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-filecache"
    7-mrt-2011 9:51:08 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory

    WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
    7-mrt-2011 9:51:08 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    Etcetera, etcetera...

    These errors aren't supposed to show up, right?


    Edit: I guess it's time to redo everything from top to bottom. That could solve the problem.
    Last edited by zarGon; 03/07/2011 at 03:22 AM.
  20. #2600  
    OK, did as you suggested - ran from the cmd line. Same happened again (started to reboot at 4% - where it says Ramdisk: booting in the output below - and then hangs at 8% at the end of the script below (hence the question about tokens which now seems a red herring).

    leftToWrite 26905
    07-Mar-2011 08:49:25 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 26905

    leftToWrite 0
    07-Mar-2011 08:49:25 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

    update Loading Ramdisk50
    07-Mar-2011 08:49:25 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:41 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:41 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU

    07-Mar-2011 08:49:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken onhe device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu
    Still no joy... hmmmm...

Posting Permissions