Page 13 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Just created a doctor for my german o2 pre- with just
    "make DEVICE=preplus all-wr"
    doctor created fine but it wont flash my pre, incompatible device.

Can anyone help me here?
    it should be
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    fxspec06:

after seeing your original posting of this, I attempted this with my pre minus. this is a windows 7 feature, not a webOS 2.x feature. I was able to use BT controls on my pre minus 1.4.5
    you can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/coveredwagonkid
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, looks like pastorrich1 is on the right track with using the Verizon Pre 2 CDMA firmware, and Leathal is on the right track with using my masquerade procedure to get app catalog access

-- Rod
    Rod,

The "1.4.5" spoof does work on Sprint, but I can't get back to my old Profile.

Correction. I had already set up a secondary profile which has only free apps. I can use it. I can't use my "real" profile with paid apps in it. I assume this is because the Doctor that Palm released has some server configs wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, looks like pastorrich1 is on the right track with using the Verizon Pre 2 CDMA firmware, and Leathal is on the right track with using my masquerade procedure to get app catalog access

-- Rod
    Bizarrely, the latest MetaDoctor I flashed was preventing me from logging into my Palm Profile account. I rolled back to the one I was using earlier today (with Profile access), and now I can't log in again unless I use my throwaway secondary Profile that doesn't have any paid apps tied to it.

Both profiles are showing 1.40.50 on Palm's site too, no 9.9.9 problem. Either Palm purposely changed something on the back end or, more likely, pulling down my paid apps from the cloud earlier flipped a bit somewhere on Palm's servers and screwed everything up. (edit in response to the above post: and I definitely pulled down the paid version of Done! and A+ Student Organizer)

I'm still looking into what I can change, but I have some other obligations tonight that don't involve cell phones.
    Okay, so I redid all the steps from the wiki and instead of altering the make file, I decided to change the values at the command line and used this:

make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1 ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=1 CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ijxBPLubywOIrQgWKSWQQwiYDcR4eXzXlGJjkdj8XzMwTDHpth8av ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV5 t8/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC/eQGGRWJfACgAAA== CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3POw7CMBCEYdecIicItrHjA9DT5AAoglXkAoOMeRwfAyU0SBCa/2tGWk0x2843Q85R8nrVL9tyLer7dNU5d08TvK5pF87qx/0pKGNscMbbLlilje+8UY3+wZYXp2MZctOoLOcol+0gu31615M0xiSSYxqnmDWV/lA/KrN/zwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfOgGNIYjgAAoAAA= CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=palm-build-info CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a clobber all
    But this is what I got back:

make: *** No rule to make target `ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV 5'. Stop.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I basically just followed all the instructions OP posted. It took me a while to get ubuntu running properly. I already had virtualbox installed. So I d/l'd linux installed that in virtual machine, followed the steps on meta-doctor wiki page. After that I had to enable folder sharing in virtualbox. This page was helpful:

» VirtualBox: access Windows-host shared folders from Ubuntu-guest

After you set it all up, I used this command to build the doctor

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    Then I copied in linux the new doctor.jar file to the shared folder I set up earlier, and ran the doctor.jar in Windows. I had to turn off my Pre+, then plug it in to already connected usb cord, held volume+ until I saw lightning bolt. Then the doctor worked perfectly.

This took me practically all morning to set up.
    Thanks. Just want to make sure I am following this.
    Question:
    1) Since I am on a Mac, I assume I don't need to run Ubuntu, is that right?
    If I am understanding wiki correctly, I can go straight to opening the Makefile with a text editor and and then uncomment these lines you mention:
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1

2). Then I go into terminal and run
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr

As I write this, Verizon Pre Plus just got dropped off at my door.

note: Sounds like also there are a few other steps for Verizon and also the profile, so will probably wait, but just want to make sure I am following so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    From palms website

webOS 2.1

Version Information New applications Functional changes in existing applications
    Version Information

Release Date: 21 February 2011
    For Vodafone Germany only
    Data Backup
    The backed up in your Palm profile information now contains entries in the call history, SMS messages and chat messages. Note that MMS messages are not secured.
    WOW! About time. But, how come the Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 does not have this. Now I am even more ****ed that HP is withholding webOS 2.1.0 from the unlocked Pre 2.

PS: Can this webOS 2.1.0 doctor be applied to the Pre 2?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    In reference to bluenote, above:

Right, but there are still other steps like enabling the masquerade as 1.4.5 and rolling in some packages or drivers, right? If you only compile the doctor with the steps bluenote mentioned, how usable is the final OS? what is missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Okay, so I redid all the steps from the wiki and instead of altering the make file, I decided to change the values at the command line and used this:

But this is what I got back:
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK and CUSTOM_DEVICE_CHECK shouldn't have spaces in the strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

PS: Can this webOS 2.1.0 doctor be applied to the Pre 2?
    No, for the same reason we could not apply the Pre 2 Doctor to the Pre+
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    fxspec06:

after seeing your original posting of this, I attempted this with my pre minus. this is a windows 7 feature, not a webOS 2.x feature. I was able to use BT controls on my pre minus 1.4.5
    Oh alright. Didn't know that. Anyways I could get the music controls to pop up, but I can't get sound working. Not a biggie, can be discussed in a different thread. Also, I can't get playlists to sync with 2.1.0. Media Sync has apparently been disabled. I'm using J River Media Center and I can't get the Pre+ to show up as an iPod. Probably another discussion for a different thread.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    I'd say a user posted something he shouldn't have. Once a rule is violated a mod can delete it. A mod doesn't need to take his/her time to be politically correct and edit it! Nuff said!
    Agree, I didn't want to debate the validity of modding the illegal content. I just thought it was a pity that a legal part of a modded message (as far as I am aware) got lost in the process.

But I see it's been reposted already. Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks. Just want to make sure I am following this.
    Question:
    1) Since I am on a Mac, I assume I don't need to run Ubuntu, is that right?
    If I am understanding wiki correctly, I can go straight to opening the Makefile with a text editor and and then uncomment these lines you mention:
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1

2). Then I go into terminal and run
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr

As I write this, Verizon Pre Plus just got dropped off at my door.

note: Sounds like also there are a few other steps for Verizon and also the profile, so will probably wait, but just want to make sure I am following so far.
    Right. You don't need to run ubuntu. This clearly saves you oggles of time .

I still have not tested app catalog purchases yet. Also, any items in app catalog that are 2.x only are not able to download.

And you still need to execute the code exactly the way I mentioned or it won't work. It has nothing to do with ubuntu/osx. I'm thinking about trying some new things that Lethal mentioned. But I guarantee the code I posted will work with your Pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK and CUSTOM_DEVICE_CHECK shouldn't have spaces in the strings.
    Thank you, it finally worked properly (before the build info was not the Sprint one)! I was thinking that might have been it, but I copied it wholesale from Rod's post in the Sprint Pre 2 thread, so I thought maybe it was my computer.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Agree, I didn't want to debate the validity of modding the illegal content. I just thought it was a pity that a legal part of a modded message (as far as I am aware) got lost in the process.

But I see it's been reposted already. Thx!
    Yes, it is up to the person who's post is removed to repost non-offending material if they desire. We're not going to spend time editing posts.

Simple solution: ignore offending posts in their entirety if you want your posts to remain.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Rod,

The "1.4.5" spoof does work on Sprint, but I can't get back to my old Profile.

Correction. I had already set up a secondary profile which has only free apps. I can use it. I can't use my "real" profile with paid apps in it. I assume this is because the Doctor that Palm released has some server configs wrong.
    there should be no problems.
    i created 2 new profiles for testing... the last one showed 9.9.9 on palm.com/profile
    but then after couple of hours I launched App Catalog and could see paid apps. checked my profile on palm's page. it shows now 2.1.0 on palm's page

Could you use the masquerade process to make your Pre+ AT&T with 2.1 read as a Pre 2 AT&T (unlocked) on 2.0.1? If so, it would give access to 2.x apps (like Music Remix)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    No, for the same reason we could not apply the Pre 2 Doctor to the Pre+
    Thanks. I understand that it cannot be applied as is, but is there a way to meta-doctor it?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    it should be
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all
    Thanks with that the created doctor seemed to work, but after 4% it crashed... now im stuck with the pre at the palm logo.
    ok how do i get into the recovery mode again
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks. I understand that it cannot be applied as is, but is there a way to meta-doctor it?
    No. Different CPU, different kernel, different hardware (Pre and Pre Plus are actually considered the same hardware).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here