Page 129 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2561  
    did another sprint pre 1..4.5 minus upgrade. Didn't delete backup or anything. Ran smoothly but had to login twice as first time signin failed it said. Palm.com/palmprofile is 2.1. All apps are back (had to use software manager to redownload each one)

    overall Awesome!!!
  2. #2562  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For a UK O2 Pre-, you should not be going anywhere near tokens. Stop it now before you break something.

    -- Rod


    Wasn't so much as pondering tinkering, just wondering if they were the cause of my troubles! Clearly not!

    Anyway... back to the issue in hand.

    Can anyone suggest anything else I ought to try - or a reason why the phone simply starts to reboot when the doctor gets to 4% and heads right on into it's existing 1.4.5?

    Honestly, I've tried every combination I can think of (including, Rod, the exact official [wiki] recovery mode procedure umpteen times), but the very moment the doctor hits 4%, I cannot prevent the Palm logo appearing, which a few minutes later transmogrifies into a perfectly working (at least!) 1.4.5 Pre... as I had before... In the meantime, the doctor sits patiently twiddling its thumbs (?) at 8%.
  3.    #2563  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post


    Wasn't so much as pondering tinkering, just wondering if they were the cause of my troubles! Clearly not!

    Anyway... back to the issue in hand.

    Can anyone suggest anything else I ought to try - or a reason why the phone simply starts to reboot when the doctor gets to 4% and heads right on into it's existing 1.4.5?

    Honestly, I've tried every combination I can think of (including, Rod, the exact official [wiki] recovery mode procedure umpteen times), but the very moment the doctor hits 4%, I cannot prevent the Palm logo appearing, which a few minutes later transmogrifies into a perfectly working (at least!) 1.4.5 Pre... as I had before... In the meantime, the doctor sits patiently twiddling its thumbs (?) at 8%.
    Are you running the doctor from the command line and watching the log output, or are you double-clicking on it?

    Do the former, start the device from recovery mode, and reconnect your device at the point where the doctor is waiting for a reconnection.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #2564  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you running the doctor from the command line and watching the log output, or are you double-clicking on it?

    Do the former, start the device from recovery mode, and reconnect your device at the point where the doctor is waiting for a reconnection.

    -- Rod
    thanks Rod - it was the double-click method (at least since the first time it ran post-meta-dr). Will try that tomorrow and see...

    Thanks for your patience in guiding so many of us through!!
  5. #2565  
    I am having some trouble with my palm profile.... I was on 2.1 but redoctored using the new sprint scripts and ended up with a 9.9.9 profile. I tried redoctoring to 1.4.5 signing in and deleting back up info with no luck. I still get a 9.9.9 profile when i go back up to 2.1. It was my understanding that I would not have to do any masqing as the process is now automated, but is there something I am missing? Thanks!
  6. #2566  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    I am having some trouble with my palm profile.... I was on 2.1 but redoctored using the new sprint scripts and ended up with a 9.9.9 profile. I tried redoctoring to 1.4.5 signing in and deleting back up info with no luck. I still get a 9.9.9 profile when i go back up to 2.1. It was my understanding that I would not have to do any masqing as the process is now automated, but is there something I am missing? Thanks!
    try a new profile with 1.4.5 then doctor up to 2.1 that profile and see what happens. it doesn't even need to be a ligit email just put in somthing and create a profile.
  7. #2567  
    Just thought I'd mention that it works great on my UK O2 Palm Pre running on Telstra in Australia.

    Thanks to all who made this possible.
  8. #2568  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    If I make --wifi-only in the script if I decide later to put on sprint network will I have a problem?
    If your experience is anything like mine you'll have plenty of problems unless you doctor back to 1.4.5. I had a Sprint wifi phone on 2.1, attempted to activate it and got continual Activation Error!s (never an EVDO symbol) I doctored back to 1.4.5 and upon boot it logged in fine and was activated and everything. I'm in the process of taking it back up to 2.1 now. I'll edit this post if I have any problems.
  9.    #2569  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    If I make --wifi-only in the script if I decide later to put on sprint network will I have a problem?
    I think the wiki page is very clear on this point:

    "For those who for what ever reason will never be using their phone on a cellular network and wish to use the phone only on wifi," ...

    and later:

    "Note: Only use --wifi-only if you do not intend to have cellular service on the device as this option disables the modem update and renders cellular service inoperable without re-doctoring."

    Seriously folks, read the wiki page twice from top to bottom before asking questions here.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #2570  
    I'm in the process of going through all 130 pages of this thread, but thought I'd ask as it might get me an answer faster.
    When trying to set up Meta-Doctor using Cygwin, I can't get past the 'git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git' portion. I keep getting 'bash: git: command not found' so I'm not able to go futher.
    I've redownloaded Cygwin 3 times already, do I need to be using Ubuntu with it? The Wiki is not too clear on this.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
  11.    #2571  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I'm in the process of going through all 130 pages of this thread, but thought I'd ask as it might get me an answer faster.
    When trying to set up Meta-Doctor using Cygwin, I can't get past the 'git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git' portion. I keep getting 'bash: git: command not found' so I'm not able to go futher.
    I've redownloaded Cygwin 3 times already, do I need to be using Ubuntu with it? The Wiki is not too clear on this.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    From Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

    "Simply install Cygwin, and make sure you include the following additional packages:
    Python
    Make
    Patch
    Git
    Zip
    Unzip
    wget
    (use View "Full" to find these specific packages more easily)"

    How would you reword that to make it clearer?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #2572  
    Did that with each download. I even told it to reinstall everything. I'll go back and try it again, though.
  13. #2573  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    can someone please explain where to put th wifi db in order to get it preinstalled on the 2.1 dr. i read the make file and found and saved my db. i ran a dr and have it installed with a temp new profile while i practice get everything up and running properly. once i know for sure i am going to 2.1 for good i will build a new dr. and i want to preload my wifi profiles. thanks a lot.
    I believe that the place to post your question is in the Meta-Doctor thread. I seem to recall there is an "Enable Wifi Profile" option that can be added, or uncommented out in the make file. I would move your question over here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html
  14. #2574  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post

    ...
    Can anyone suggest anything else I ought to try - or a reason why the phone simply starts to reboot when the doctor gets to 4% and heads right on into it's existing 1.4.5?
    ...
    Are you running Windows 7 or Vista? Perhaps you need to run the doctor with Admin privilages. Either make sure your CMD is run with admin privilates (right click a cmd icon, then choose run as administrator), or run the doctor itself with admin (same right click method).
  15. #2575  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Quick question: for a formerly VZW Pre Plus, now WiFi-only, would the current script + Palm's Bypass Activation Tool work to get me to where I could set up WiFi and then log into the Palm Profile? {Jonathan}
    Yes Jonathan, that will work. You can also read the description in the Makefile or check the Meta-Doctor thread for info on doctoring your Pre with WiFi profiles already set up.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  16. #2576  
    The progress being made so far has prompted me to give this a whirl.

    I've read over the wikis a number of times now, yet I still end at the same point with the same error shortly after the doctor images are downloaded and the scripts or whatever are doing their magic.

    The error I am seeing time after time is such:

    Code:
    gzip: build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 1
    I am trying this on a native install of ubuntu. I've verified the md5s of the downloaded doctor images against the hashes listed on the webos-internals doctors page are the same.

    I am not sure what to try next. I hope it is not something minor and stupid I've overlooked.

    Any pointers to help me resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  17. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #2577  
    Finally took the 2.1 plunge! I must say I will not be going back to 145. This is a great thing to pass the time til Pre 3 becomes available.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  18.    #2578  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The progress being made so far has prompted me to give this a whirl.

    I've read over the wikis a number of times now, yet I still end at the same point with the same error shortly after the doctor images are downloaded and the scripts or whatever are doing their magic.

    The error I am seeing time after time is such:

    Code:
    gzip: build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 1
    I am trying this on a native install of ubuntu. I've verified the md5s of the downloaded doctor images against the hashes listed on the webos-internals doctors page are the same.

    I am not sure what to try next. I hope it is not something minor and stupid I've overlooked.

    Any pointers to help me resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    ok, now we've ruled out corrupted downloads, it's time to look deeper.

    Can you paste a full log of the run ?

    Do you have sufficient disk space available?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #2579  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ok, now we've ruled out corrupted downloads, it's time to look deeper.

    Can you paste a full log of the run ?

    Do you have sufficient disk space available?

    -- Rod
    Plenty of space for sure. I will get that full output and get back to you.
    Thanks.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #2580  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ok, now we've ruled out corrupted downloads, it's time to look deeper.

    Can you paste a full log of the run ?

    Do you have sufficient disk space available?

    -- Rod
    The output is attached.
    Again, plenty of space. Tried from another partition that had more space as well, same result.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: Sorry for not posting the whole output the first time around. Duh!
    Attached Files Attached Files

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions