Page 128 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    Morning (from the UK anyway) all...

Still no insights here as to my (and one other user's) experience of the doctoring process beginning to go wrong (i.e the phone beginning to reboot) at 4% and hanging (whilst the pre continues to boot back to 1.4.5) at 8%?

I'm doctoring a UK O2 Pre-

The meta-doctor bit has gone fine (as far as I can tell) and I'm "double-clicking" the jar file, whilst first restarting the novacom driver from within services.msc on a Win 7 machine.

As I said some pages' ago, I found an article on the webos-internals wiki about doctoring when it gets stuck at 8% (as far as I understand it, it seems that the phone is not booting from the ramdisk as it's meant to at that point?) - implying there may be a problem with a "corrupted USB partition", but mine seems fine...

Any thoughts/help?

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I'm happy to go to another thread (i.e. on doctoring in general, assuming there must be one) if you feel this isn't really the place to ask - i.e. assuming this isn't really a problem with the upgrade to 2.1.0, but a general doctoring issue?
    Richard, did you check your tokens yet? I really think that might be the answer if you didn't originally use the Show Properties app .
    after seeing a few people post success stories by not disabling backups prior to doctoring - this did not work for my att&t pre plus. The meta-doctoring went great, but my profile restored some things, and did not restore other, much more important things.

What it did restore: launcher pages/names, facebook & google accounts.
    What it did not restore: everything else... no app catalog purchases, no preware downloads, nada. So, until there are new scripts available, continue disabling your back ups before you meta-doctor!

-bc
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellobrian View Post
    after seeing a few people post success stories by not disabling backups prior to doctoring - this did not work for my att&t pre plus. The meta-doctoring went great, but my profile restored some things, and did not restore other, much more important things.

What it did restore: launcher pages/names, facebook & google accounts.
    What it did not restore: everything else... no app catalog purchases, no preware downloads, nada. So, until there are new scripts available, continue disabling your back ups before you meta-doctor!

-bc
    Please read up on how Preware and Save/Restore work together. The scripts for upgrading to 2.1 are not intended to restore Preware patches or homebrew apps.

Your app-catalog purchases should be restored if you logged in to the profile you purchased them under. If they don't come in automatically, try a partial erase (apps and data). That has worked for me in the past in that situation.
    just used the new sprint script and did not delete my back ups. created a new profile to test it out before i make the leap with my primary. had a little trouble getting the dr. to stay running but once that was worked out everything went of without a hitch. will report back as one more confirmation that you no longer need to delete back ups. now just having a hard time getting preware again.
    If I make --wifi-only in the script if I decide later to put on sprint network will I have a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    If I make --wifi-only in the script if I decide later to put on sprint network will I have a problem?
    Yes, you will have to re-doctor as I believe the telephone/modem does not get flashed with --wifi-only.

It is called "wifi only" because that is what it is.

Max
    After testing Sprint 2.1 for almost 12 hrs, installing Preware and first F105 then Uber-Kernel, it is running well, albeit a bit hot.

The only issue that I have seen so far is that my camera application was not working with F105 - it loads the screen, however, starts to flicker from grey to white to grey again.

Sometimes it shows the buttons (crosshairs/green button/photos/video) but then goes back to flickering.

I switched to Uber-Kernel and all of a sudden it is working.

Photos at the initial startup did the same thing - it would start to the list page. I would click Photo Roll, and it would then flicker when processing the thumbnails, and kick me back to the list page. After about 8 times, it finally settled down and I was able to view thumbnails.

Tried doing a search in this thread to see if any others have encountered this problem, but to no avail. Will check the rest of the board.
    Last edited by jboucicaut; 03/06/2011 at 01:01 PM.
    can someone please explain where to put th wifi db in order to get it preinstalled on the 2.1 dr. i read the make file and found and saved my db. i ran a dr and have it installed with a temp new profile while i practice get everything up and running properly. once i know for sure i am going to 2.1 for good i will build a new dr. and i want to preload my wifi profiles. thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Please read up on how Preware and Save/Restore work together. The scripts for upgrading to 2.1 are not intended to restore Preware patches or homebrew apps.

Your app-catalog purchases should be restored if you logged in to the profile you purchased them under. If they don't come in automatically, try a partial erase (apps and data). That has worked for me in the past in that situation.
    I solved it - just disabled the back-ups and re-metadoctored, and all was well again. The reason that I tried the other way is that earlier in this thread some users were reporting that after the 2.1 upgrade, their launcher pages and content were preserved. This was not the case for me. After my metadoctor do-over, app purchases were recovered, and the preware + save/restore combo took care of the rest.

As an aside, I still can't believe that HP is claiming that our pre plus devices are unable to handle 2.0+ It is working just perfectly on my phone.

-bc
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    -Have you deleted several doctors and what have you? If so you could try emptying the trash.

-Did you choose a dynamic/scaled hard drive space when you installed ubuntu into virtual box? If so a simple reboot of your physical computer might do the trick.

-If I tried those and they didn't work I would uninstall ubuntu, and either:

-re-install and alot more hard drive space (it's configured at some point in the installation process)

or

-try cygwin (or whatever it's called. I haven't actually tried it.)
    Thanks for the advice. I will be on this soon. I've only been waiting since launch day for FLASH!
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    After testing Sprint 2.1 for almost 12 hrs, installing Preware and first F105 then Uber-Kernel, it is running well, albeit a bit hot.

The only issue that I have seen so far is that my camera application was not working with F105 - it loads the screen, however, starts to flicker from grey to white to grey again.

Sometimes it shows the buttons (crosshairs/green button/photos/video) but then goes back to flickering.

Photos at the initial startup did the same thing - it would start to the list page. I would click Photo Roll, and it would then flicker when processing the thumbnails, and kick me back to the list page. After about 8 times, it finally settled down and I was able to view thumbnails.

Tried doing a search in this thread to see if any others have encountered this problem, but to no avail. Will check the rest of the board.
    I had this same issue with the AV8B Harrier II camera fail with 1.4.5. I had to redoctor w/1.4.5 and camera worked again. Switched to F105 and camera stayed operational since (been about 4+ weeks) Don't know if this helps, just posting testing feedback to you. Maybe you could find more info in a different forum about kernels?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellobrian View Post
    As an aside, I still can't believe that HP is claiming that our pre plus devices are unable to handle 2.0+ It is working just perfectly on my phone.

-bc
    "unable to handle" is code for "we don't want to support this because that would take time away from developing current devices that were already late to market when our new CEO said they should ship weeks after announcement (like apple is doing with the iPad2 to laugh at us) and now we are rushing to get them ready to ship by or before the times we have mentioned (summer/spring) so we dont have to have double "egg on our face" if we had to delay them, and so we can deliver them at a price (as yet unannounced) that is competitive yet high enough for us to cover the cost of dev so we dont have to fire all the people who are actually developing the product and software, before apple makes enough on thier new devices to lower the prices a few months after launch (like they did with the iphone) days before or after we announce formal pricing."

wow, "unable to handle" is so much easier and concise... lets go with that as a formal statement... yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post

This is a problem of the governor screenstate. The first iteration of the UberKernel and F105 had problems with setting the clockrate correctly after unlocking the screen (often it remained at, say, 500 MHz). The 2.1.0-11 was supposed to fix this issue but obviously it introduced the camera bug. The camera works fine on F105 and UberKernel if a different governor than screenstate is used.
    I hadn't checked my tokens, actually - this is (if you're reading this not having seen my previous posts) to deal with the fact that my UK O2 Pre- responds to being doctored (from recovery mode as per wiki) by simply starting to boot back into 1.4.5 when the doctor hits 4% and is back up and running when the doctor his 8% and gets stuck... very frustrating!

I've generated a tokens file which is here:

<Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="BATToCH" value="8CA00AF9190AB026" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="BATToRSP" value="32C922315CD617C8CBE71A283AFD56663010BB42" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="ROW" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" value="1246555384" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" value="0.6756284167533801" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" value="N1pudnlKPFJMUUZGZ3VBaQ==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P100UEU" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" value="0.018623408525938023" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" value="PHJUbTpoMD82R2NlNnVbOA==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="ModemSN" value="CAUMM99ACL03ZG" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="SimLockDef" value="1PAPREXN" action="overwrite"/>
    </Section>
    This seems at odds with the set I'm expecting as per the "Last Resort Emergency..." wiki page which seems to predict:

GSM Pre for O2 and Movistar: DMCARRIER=ROW, DMMODEL=castle, HWoRev=A, PN=180-10722-03, PRODoID=P100UEU
    Specifically: my DMMODEL is P100UEU, rather than castle...

My PN is also different...

I simply don't know / understand enough about the meta-doctoring to know if that's the problem???

Otherwise I'm really stuck - I've tried all sorts of different solutions (in particular, getting my 'recovery mode' method exactly right...) but nothing.
  15.    #2555  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    "unable to handle" is code for "we don't want to support this because that would take time away from developing current devices that were already late to market when our new CEO said they should ship weeks after announcement (like apple is doing with the iPad2 to laugh at us) and now we are rushing to get them ready to ship by or before the times we have mentioned (summer/spring) so we dont have to have double "egg on our face" if we had to delay them, and so we can deliver them at a price (as yet unannounced) that is competitive yet high enough for us to cover the cost of dev so we dont have to fire all the people who are actually developing the product and software, before apple makes enough on thier new devices to lower the prices a few months after launch (like they did with the iphone) days before or after we announce formal pricing."

wow, "unable to handle" is so much easier and concise... lets go with that as a formal statement... yeah
    There are some that only complain, and some that fix things themselves.

This thread is for the latter, not the former.

-- Rod
  16.    #2556  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    I hadn't checked my tokens, actually - this is (if you're reading this not having seen my previous posts) to deal with the fact that my UK O2 Pre- responds to being doctored (from recovery mode as per wiki) by simply starting to boot back into 1.4.5 when the doctor hits 4% and is back up and running when the doctor his 8% and gets stuck... very frustrating!

I've generated a tokens file which is here:

This seems at odds with the set I'm expecting as per the "Last Resort Emergency..." wiki page which seems to predict:

Specifically: my DMMODEL is P100UEU, rather than castle...

My PN is also different...

I simply don't know / understand enough about the meta-doctoring to know if that's the problem???

Otherwise I'm really stuck - I've tried all sorts of different solutions (in particular, getting my 'recovery mode' method exactly right...) but nothing.
    For a UK O2 Pre-, you should not be going anywhere near tokens. Stop it now before you break something.

-- Rod
    I just got an unlocked palm pre plus GSM. Will this method work for putting 2.0 on my phone? Sorry for the noob question, I am used to android so this is all a little new for me..
    Quick question: for a formerly VZW Pre Plus, now WiFi-only, would the current script + Palm's Bypass Activation Tool work to get me to where I could set up WiFi and then log into the Palm Profile? {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
    I just got an unlocked palm pre plus GSM. Will this method work for putting 2.0 on my phone? Sorry for the noob question, I am used to android so this is all a little new for me..
    It puts 2.1 on your phone, but yeah.
    Okay cool thanks, is it a noticeably big difference do you think?