Page 127 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I couldn't get that far...it wasn't letting me reset the phone...but now that I have that profile...I will try again tomorrow...my frustration was that I couldn't get the 1.45 doctor to work either...my guess is that novacomm doesn't like vista that much...
    Could somebody help me out? I've tried doctoring my Sprint Pre Minus manually as well as with a semi-auto cmd provided by a Precentral user and I continue to get this same error! Very frustrating as I have been researching a way to fix this problem the entire day to no avail! It occurs while creating the Sprint Pre 1.45 build

Thanks in advance!
    All,

I updated the scripts in the meta-doctor git repository to check the md5sum of the webOS Doctor downloads. This way the script will tell you if you have a bad Doctor file and force you to re-run/re-download.

I think the error from this is much more human friendly than some of the stuff that has been generating user questions in this thread.

I also removed the test-meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 script, as that just isn't working. Yet.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Morning (from the UK anyway) all...

Still no insights here as to my (and one other user's) experience of the doctoring process beginning to go wrong (i.e the phone beginning to reboot) at 4% and hanging (whilst the pre continues to boot back to 1.4.5) at 8%?

I'm doctoring a UK O2 Pre-

The meta-doctor bit has gone fine (as far as I can tell) and I'm "double-clicking" the jar file, whilst first restarting the novacom driver from within services.msc on a Win 7 machine.

As I said some pages' ago, I found an article on the webos-internals wiki about doctoring when it gets stuck at 8% (as far as I understand it, it seems that the phone is not booting from the ramdisk as it's meant to at that point?) - implying there may be a problem with a "corrupted USB partition", but mine seems fine...

Any thoughts/help?

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I'm happy to go to another thread (i.e. on doctoring in general, assuming there must be one) if you feel this isn't really the place to ask - i.e. assuming this isn't really a problem with the upgrade to 2.1.0, but a general doctoring issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post

Still no insights here as to my (and one other user's) experience of the doctoring process beginning to go wrong (i.e the phone beginning to reboot) at 4% and hanging (whilst the pre continues to boot back to 1.4.5) at 8%?

The meta-doctor bit has gone fine (as far as I can tell) and I'm "double-clicking" the jar file, whilst first restarting the novacom driver from within services.msc on a Win 7 machine.

As I said some pages' ago, I found an article on the webos-internals wiki about doctoring when it gets stuck at 8% (as far as I understand it, it seems that the phone is not booting from the ramdisk as it's meant to at that point?) - implying there may be a problem with a "corrupted USB partition", but mine seems fine...

Any thoughts/help?

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I'm happy to go to another thread (i.e. on doctoring in general, assuming there must be one) if you feel this isn't really the place to ask - i.e. assuming this isn't really a problem with the upgrade to 2.1.0, but a general doctoring issue?
    Try using a different USB port.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Try using a different USB port.
    Yup, I've tried two (both of which I've doctored from before in the past)...

Good thought though...
    @richardfrank - I've been trying to get the doctor to roll, for the last 12 hours. I thought I read everything twice, crossed all my eyes and dotted my tees (even fresh doctored 1.4.5...)

Each time I'd run the doctor, though, my win7 box would either: fail to recognize the USB connection to my pre; or start doctoring to 4% and then boot in 1.4.5.

I read somewhere - regarding general doctoring, that running the doctor while booting your pre in recovery mode (where you hold down the volume up key - and put the battery in after you plug in the USB) might do the trick. This is what I have just done, and I'm currently looking at a 58% doctored Pre.

I hope that made sense - and I hope that helps...

Any thoughts/help?

try a windows 7 32-bit PC - different than the one you are using. I kept having problems with my main64-bit win7 system - sometimes novacom is temperamental and a reboot / reinstall of it doesn't seem to help...so it's good to have to different PC's. During this metadoctor I had to perform the actual update on the phone using my laptop instead of my main PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalH210 View Post
    @richardfrank - I've been trying to get the doctor to roll, for the last 12 hours. I thought I read everything twice, crossed all my eyes and dotted my tees (even fresh doctored 1.4.5...)

Each time I'd run the doctor, though, my win7 box would either: fail to recognize the USB connection to my pre; or start doctoring to 4% and then boot in 1.4.5.

I read somewhere - regarding general doctoring, that running the doctor while booting your pre in recovery mode (where you hold down the volume up key - and put the battery in after you plug in the USB) might do the trick. This is what I have just done, and I'm currently looking at a 58% doctored Pre.

I hope that made sense - and I hope that helps...

Thanks 210...

I've been booting into recovery mode, though I've had the battery in BEFORE plugging in the usb lead... I'll try it the other way round!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    try a windows 7 32-bit PC - different than the one you are using. I kept having problems with my main64-bit win7 system - sometimes novacom is temperamental and a reboot / reinstall of it doesn't seem to help...so it's good to have to different PC's. During this metadoctor I had to perform the actual update on the phone using my laptop instead of my main PC
    I'll try that too - though on my wife's WinXP laptop the doctor just said my phone was "not compatible" with the version of the doctor, which was odd... I probably need to take a bit more time on the laptop to make sure everything (eg the sdk) is up to date?

Worth a try, certainly...
  11.    #2531  
    Thanks 210...

I've been booting into recovery mode, though I've had the battery in BEFORE plugging in the usb lead... I'll try it the other way round!
    You should be following precisely the steps on the recovery mode wiki page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @richardfrank - to follow up, 17 mins later...

The recovery mode boot while running the 2.1 doctor was a success - and mitigated the problems I feel both you and I had.

...God...Stacks makes you feel like one of the initiated...

13.    #2533  
    Now, which of you guys doing the recovery method is going to step up and contribute that solution to the wiki page ? Make it the default.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be following precisely the steps on the recovery mode wiki page.

-- Rod
    ...of course it would have helped if I'd read that wiki page first wouldn't it?!

Sorry...
    @richardfrank - to follow up, 17 mins later...

The recovery mode boot while running the 2.1 doctor was a success - and mitigated the problems I feel both you and I had.

...God...Stacks makes you feel like one of the initiated...

Right, that's my next thing to try properly...

I'm off to church right now (being a vicar I can't really delay the start of that for this... even this!)... but I'll be trying it later and let you know!

R
  16.    #2536  
    ...of course it would have helped if I'd read that wiki page first wouldn't it?!

Sorry...
    Don't worry - the addition you make to the upgrade page to point to the recovery page will fix that for the next person, *won't* *it* ?

-- Rod
    @Rod - a fact my post-count betrays: I am a n00b to the forums, and the wiki. Do you want a note posted in the body of "Step 4"? Or - I know you'd mentioned there was a need for one - has a catch-all FAQ sprung up?

18.    #2538  
    @Rod - a fact my post-count betrays: I am a n00b to the forums, and the wiki. Do you want a note posted in the body of "Step 4"? Or - I know you'd mentioned there was a need for one - has a catch-all FAQ sprung up?

You should put it where you think the next person following the steps on the web page will be sure to do it.

But please don't renumber the major steps at all. We want step 5 and step 6 to remain step 5 and step 6

-- Rod
    Copy that. Gonna recharge my batteries, register for the wiki, and make my note!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't worry - the addition you make to the upgrade page to point to the recovery page will fix that for the next person, *won't* *it* ?

-- Rod
    Copy that. Gonna recharge my batteries, register for the wiki, and make my note!

Thanks both of you...

Now off to preach!