Page 126 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2501  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar = A55A377DD38FD7A8E94BA9514E1D9E18

webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar = 643824A4C103E266FD8E2760B098815C

webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar = ED2C394171D19A4AF9D9D42C670E9791
    Thanks - do those match what is on the webos doctor versions Wiki page?

-- Rod
  2.    #2502  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    So what if we just pulled prefroamlist out of ModemFiles? Would that be "safer"/"saner"?
    Dunno. I'm not aware of what reads that file.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks - do those match what is on the webos doctor versions Wiki page?

-- Rod
    Yes, all 3 match.

I will keep on trying at it. Obviously I am doing something wrong, as it is working for others. I will backtrack again and see if I can figure it out.

I appreciate all you've done.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have a verizon pre plus and created the doctor...but am stuck at the Auto Locate screen. I tried to use the same doctor again but I keep getting the Unable to Reset the Phone Error. I am unsure as to what to do at this point. Should I go back to 1.45 or is there something that I am missing that can get me past the Auto Locate screen
  5.    #2505  
    Yes, all 3 match.

I will keep on trying at it. Obviously I am doing something wrong, as it is working for others. I will backtrack again and see if I can figure it out.

I appreciate all you've done.
    Now you've done the clobber and have confirmed good doctors, please post a cut and paste or screenshot of your input and the error. This time you should see the doctors being unpacked rather than it saying unpack is up to date.

-- Rod
    The DmTree stuff is related to provisioning, and comes from the dmtree ipk in the sprint carrier tarball that we install on 2.1.0
    Oh... Umm... well I haven't had anything go wrong yet. Is there something(s) I can check to see if I messed anything up by just dumping that entire dir from 1.4.5 into 2.1?

M.
    Now you've done the clobber and have confirmed good doctors, please post a cut and paste or screenshot of your input and the error. This time you should see the doctors being unpacked rather than it saying unpack is up to date.

-- Rod
    I got it to work -

When I started doing my research by reading the Wiki, I read the part in which you said you had to add the --no-same-owner in line 802 of the Makefile.

Since I was using XP and Cygwin, I figured it was a necessary step, so I changed it, and I was getting the error.

So, I went ahead and cleared the whole directory on my PC, and started from scratch and pulled all of the files from git. I figured that was the only change I had made when I tried the first time, I figured I'd try the process without making that change in the makefile.

It ended up building, and the phone is currently at 36% in the Doctoring stage.

I completed step 6. Thank you for being patient with me!

WOAH! There's a Penguin on my phone!
    Last edited by jboucicaut; 03/05/2011 at 08:25 PM.
  8.    #2508  
    I got it to work -

When I started doing my research by reading the Wiki, I read the part in which you said you had to add the --no-same-owner in line 802 of the Makefile.

Since I was using XP and Cygwin, I figured it was a necessary step, so I changed it, and I was getting the error.

So, I went ahead and cleared the whole directory on my PC, and started from scratch and pulled all of the files from git. I figured that was the only change I had made when I tried the first time, I figured I'd try the process without making that change in the makefile.

It ended up building, and the phone is currently at 36% in the Doctoring stage.

I completed step 6. Thank you for being patient with me!

WOAH! There's a Penguin on my phone!
    I'm not sure who wrote that item in the wiki. I personally can't see why it would be required. Feel free to delete that section if it actually causes an error.

-- Rod
  9.    #2509  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Oh... Umm... well I haven't had anything go wrong yet. Is there something(s) I can check to see if I messed anything up by just dumping that entire dir from 1.4.5 into 2.1?

M.
    Since we've disabled OTA updates, the rest probably doesn't matter.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
    It's odd. I had Verizon 2.1 with 1.40.50 as the version on palm.com/profile. Did a git pull today and re-doctored with Verizon meta-doctor successfully. I signed into my existing profiles, but now my apps are not restoring. On the phone the device info says 1.40.50. On palm.com.profile it still says 1.40.50. I just deleted my builds directory as I saw some script errors that I (shouldn't have) ignored. Something about [ not being a valid symbol or something. Will try doctoring again.
    Effectively doing make clobber and doing the doctor a second time got me all my apps back. Phew.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just tried again got the unable to reset phone error....any ideas?
    Verizon Pre Plus...my profile on palm.com is listed as 2.0.1
    Thanks for all your hard work ! The instructions are great and easy to follow.
    Used Cygwin on Win XP to run scripts.
    Used standard WR settings from Wiki.
    Process took a while to download both doctor files and create new doctor, but no probs at all.
    Love the penguin at start up !!
    Deleted profile (backup OFF) before start, but was able to login after update, and started to re-install apps.
    I used NextGen unlock way back in 1.4.1, and have had no trouble with the unlock through various upgrades, doctoring and alternative kernels.
    Took a long time to re-install apps from Profile.
    Used Save/Restore to restore settings, but not all came back, particularly mail settings and WiFi.
    Using AV8B-10 kernel, installed Flash, and some new patches for 2.1.0.
    Everything seems to work ok so far (Web, camera, maptool, facebook, mail)
    Cheers
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
  13.    #2513  
    Quote Originally Posted by bprushik View Post
    Just tried again got the unable to reset phone error....any ideas?
    Verizon Pre Plus...my profile on palm.com is listed as 2.0.1
    There is no public Verizon Pre 2.0.1 release.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Sorry...meant 2.1.0...but I am stuck..I am scared I bricked the unbrickable
  15.    #2515  
    Sorry...meant 2.1.0...but I am stuck..I am scared I bricked the unbrickable
    If you see a boot logo, it is not bricked. Even if you don't see a boot logo, it's probably not bricked.

Just reboot the phone.

And cut and paste or screenshot everything from git pull and make clobber till you get the error.

-- Rod
    Since we've disabled OTA updates, the rest probably doesn't matter.

-- Rod

Gottcha. Thanks, man.

M.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    it gets stuck at auto relocate...tried then same doctor...it says unable to reset
  18.    #2518  
    it gets stuck at auto relocate...tried then same doctor...it says unable to reset
    Which of the troubleshooting and caveat items on the Wiki page have you already tried?

Post the full log from make clobber onwards before replying again.

-- Rod
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Did you attempt to sign in to existing profile the second time?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My real concern was that I was unable to go back to 1.45. I tried all day but for some weird reason it wasn't working. I decided to try a non vista computer...now it worked...
    I will give it another go tomorrow..It kind of sucked not to have a cell all day...

Anyways...the help as always is appreciated....