Page 125 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Having a problem with the meta-doctor, not sure what i did wrong, had the same error the first time i ran the script, restarted and this what i get. in the folder had all three doctors but the 2.1.0 eu build is 0 kb.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #2482  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesonrw View Post
    Having a problem with the meta-doctor, not sure what i did wrong, had the same error the first time i ran the script, restarted and this what i get. in the folder had all three doctors but the 2.1.0 eu build is 0 kb.
    You have a corrupted doctor download, or you ran out of disk space.

Make sure you have 10GB of disk available for this process.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #2483  
    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    Sorry to cut corners...

Per the instructions at: Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    I did the following:
    . Insert "CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml" after "${ARGS} "

I had also changed the castle.xml script for the new webosdoctor by adding the custom tokens as I had for the meta-doctor when I plussed my pre.

When I ran the ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0, I got the following:
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token '$' do\r''
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: 'for f in $got $wget $make $java $patch'; do
    There is no '$got' string in that script.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no '$got' string in that script.

-- Rod
    Please forgive the typo--it was $git.
  5.    #2485  
    Please forgive the typo--it was $git.
    Please cut and paste your input and the error message.

If I see typos, I ignore the error message since it's been hand-copied and will likely be incorrect.

-- Rod
    Please cut and paste your input and the error message.

If I see typos, I ignore the error message since it's been hand-copied and will likely be incorrect.

-- Rod
    Michael@PRYGUY ~
    $ cd meta-doctor

Michael@PRYGUY ~/meta-doctor
    $ ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 6: $'\r': command not found
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `$'
    do\r''
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: `for f in $git $wget $make $java $patc
    '; do

$
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    "FIX" is in quotes for a reason...

I was digging through my Pre- while still on 1.4.5 and found:

/var/lib/software/ModemFiles

In here I found my PRL file and some other modem related files/dirs. I saved them before I wiped my phone for webOS 2.1 and just copied the whole /var/lib/software/* kit-and-kaboodle into my webOS 2.1 install. I have full bars (which I only had after an update 3 or so ago) and full 3g. Device Info also reads that file just fine. I do not see any reason why this would be "illegal" as these files came off MY phone and they were put there by Sprint for "me" to use, so...
    Does anyone (EdCates?) have any insight to this?
  8.    #2488  
    Michael@PRYGUY ~
    $ cd meta-doctor

$ ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 6: $'\r': command not found
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `$'
    do\r''
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: `for f in $git $wget $make $java $patc
    '; do

$
    Looks like you've got windows line endings in your git checkout. Do the git checkout in cygwin or linux.

-- Rod
    Thanks! I will try again!
  10.    #2490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I do not see any reason why this would be "illegal" as these files came off MY phone and they were put there by Sprint for "me" to use, so...
    I don't see any problem with that. Note that the /var/lib/software directory does other stuff (related to OTA updates) in addition to the ModemFiles stuff you've found (which I have not investigated before).

The DmTree stuff is related to provisioning, and comes from the dmtree ipk in the sprint carrier tarball that we install on 2.1.0

-- Rod
    No worries about the typo.

Do a "git pull" and "make clobber" and re-run the script.

Step 5 has been eliminated now, so you won't see any extra files.

-- Rod
    Just git pull/clobber'd, and took it one step further by deleting the doctor .jars in case there was a corrupted doctor download and started again.

Same result as before.
  12.    #2492  
    Thanks! I will try again!
    Note that it was the line 6 error message which gave the clue. That's why I ask folks to post the whole input and output, rather than filtering what they report.

-- Rod
  13.    #2493  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Just git pull/clobber'd, and took it one step further by deleting the doctor .jars in case there was a corrupted doctor download and started again.

Same result as before.
    Prove the doctor files are correct by posting the md5sums of each.

-- Rod
    Not to sound ungrateful for all of the hard work that has gone into this mission to help legacy devices, but will Sprint Navigation ever be available on 2.1? I understand that Sprint hasn't released any carrier-specific code, but then how is NASCAR, Sprint TV and Sprint football available?

Just curious because the lack of navigation is the only thing holding me back. Thanks!
  15.    #2495  
    We made a couple of small implementation changes to all the meta-scripts. No functional change other than checking that you have python and the appropriate tar programs installed.

No need to re-run anything.

-- Rod
    Not to sound ungrateful for all of the hard work that has gone into this mission to help legacy devices, but will Sprint Navigation ever be available on 2.1? I understand that Sprint hasn't released any carrier-specific code, but then how is NASCAR, Sprint TV and Sprint football available?

Just curious because the lack of navigation is the only thing holding me back. Thanks!
  17.    #2497  
    We made a couple of small implementation changes to all the meta-scripts. No functional change other than checking that you have python and the appropriate tar programs installed.

No need to re-run anything.

-- Rod
  18.    #2498  
    Quote Originally Posted by donniekl View Post

Those apps from the 1.4.5 doctor work. Sprint Nav doesn't. It won't change until Sprint releases a webOS phone with 2.x on it. Don't hold your breath waiting.

-- Rod
    Prove the doctor files are correct by posting the md5sums of each.

-- Rod
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar = A55A377DD38FD7A8E94BA9514E1D9E18

webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar = 643824A4C103E266FD8E2760B098815C

webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar = ED2C394171D19A4AF9D9D42C670E9791
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I don't see any problem with that. Note that the /var/lib/software directory does other stuff (related to OTA updates) in addition to the ModemFiles stuff you've found (which I have not investigated before).

The DmTree stuff is related to provisioning, and comes from the dmtree ipk in the sprint carrier tarball that we install on 2.1.0
    So what if we just pulled prefroamlist out of ModemFiles? Would that be "safer"/"saner"?