Page 124 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    confirm went from 1.45 straight to 2.1 on verizon preplus with Verizon service activated
    contacts reappear
    apps reappear
    saw voice memo app in catalog
    email/calendar accounts/mobile hotspot are set up but require password again
    call history and text history is lost

Palm profile says 2.1 and so does device info on phone
    *will be back tomorrow to report any issues with mobile hotspot, email, calendar as they are logged in and checked. I installed calendar patch for google that will extend sync time backwards and forward
    mobile hotspot, emails, google calendar all work (calendar taking a long time to sync)
  2.    #2462  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    A question that i have seen in a while and i know there was issues. Have people been able to install preware correctly using the make file or is there still some issues with it?
    thanks
    Just use palm-install to install Preware once you're done.

Or follow the instructions in the Preware Homebrew Documentation app that you purchased in Step 6.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #2463  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I'm trying this (Sprint Pre-) in Cygwin, and when I pulled down the meta-doctor, noticed I did not get a Palm-Build-Info or masqued file (watched the video posted) in my meta-doctor folder.
    Which video did you watch, and at what time does it state that?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    OK I will re-metadoctor and see what happens. Not sure if I should use the --wifi-only switch. I did the second time and that allowed me to bypass actvation, connect to wifi access point and run gesture first use (cell service reception flaky in here)...but what's wierd is my cell service works fine afterwards (which is NOT what otther folks are reporting namely that cell service is permanently disabled by wifi-only)
    1. Re-metadoctoring. This time going from 2.1 installation wtih Palm.com/palmprofile=1.40.50-->metadoctor w/o delete backup and w/o wifi only switch. To assure clean install of metadoctor i just rm -R meta-doctor and redownloaded everything.

2. Doctor got stuck at 72% but phone rebooted and first time app started. Logging in now...already palm.com/palmprofile=2.1.0 . But not sure why doctor crapped out at 72%. Will proceed anyway and see what happens and post-back

Taking a longgg time to complete signin over a weak cellular connection (Wifi is on but not sure how I could have logged in to the hotspot? ##DEVMODE##?)

Will update this post with final results. Will move to other side of house for better cell reception and hopefully complete signin

UPDATE: palm.com/palmprofile on a sprint pre minus is 2.1.0 on phone as well as website. Yay! All apps redownloading including previously purchased apps. Sprint carrier apps such as sprint TV present. No sprint Navi. Cellular works. Voices which I had purchased, I had to buy again. Music player remix a 2.0 only app I was able to purchase.

UPDATE2: No skipped first doctor profile in accounts app. Excellent! For those who need to login to their wi-fi access router, before the first use app, is there any way to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which video did you watch, and at what time does it state that?

-- Rod
    The one linked in the wiki (scr3wdestiny). Wasn't listed, but in her video when she showed the files created those files were listed. Not sure if it is relative to the process, hence why I asked.

as far as the other issue is concerned, I have a Sprint Pre. I am attempting to run meta-sprint-2.0.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    You can safely run the doctor later by double-clicking the .jar file, or let it run automatically after the meta-doctor, this does not make a difference.

You can either put the phone in developer mode, or use recovery mode. I had better results with recovery mode (hold vol-up, then plug in USB until you get a large USB symbol on the phone screen).

I suggest you re-run the doctor, checking a few things before:

1. Disconnect your Pre from the USB cable. Power off your Pre.
    2. Stop and restart the novacomd service
      • WinXP: Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services
      • Vista/Win7: Right-click on My Computer => select Manage, click on Services and Applications => double-click on Services
      • or click Start => Run, type in "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter
    3. Find "Palm Novacom" service and click restart (or stop, then start). This ensures you have a fresh novacomd service. (Novacomd is the driver which talks to your Pre via the USB port.)
    4. Start the webosdoctor which you built through the meta-doctor. Click through the first few screens until it checks your novacom drivers and then asks you to connect your Pre. At this stage, the Next button will be greyed.
    5. Your Pre should be switched off when you begin the next step: hold the Volume up key and while keeping it held down, plug in the USB cable. The Pre should power up and after a second or two, show a large USB logo on the screen.
    6. The Next button should now become available and you can click it to begin the doctor process.

Note: I sometimes also get doctor failures; either it does not recognize the Pre and the Next button does not turn white, or I also had it hang at 1% or 4% and finally show an error message. When I tried it again, it worked. You may just need to give it a second try.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you got your doctoring resolved; if these instructions are helpful I might just put them somewhere on the Wiki as "help for WIndows users".

Max
    Thanks for trying!

I've done this now five or six times with no change - it simply starts into the 'glowing palm logo' reboot on 4% and the whole process hangs at 8%... then the pre itself finally boots up... into 1.4.5!

I've had one other reply (from a Boston, USA user, so clearly not a "UK problem") saying they're having the same thing.

There's one reference to this (or something that sounds like it) on the 'internals' site, but it speaks about having a "corrupt USB partition" (or something like that) and mine seems fine...

Sending me slowly round the bend... to be so close, yet so far!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    It's a Sprint Pre+ (Coms board swap from Verizon Pre Plus). It has signal...everything works great except the battery won't charge.

The battery charged before when i first installed meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 but when i tried new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 that's when the battery charging issue crop-up. I know there are other users that have used the new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script and are not experiencing battery charging issues.

If i need to buy another Sprint Pre, that's fine but i'll like to know the root cause so it doesn't happen again on another Sprint Pre that i buy and put new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 on it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/help.
    I am not sure if anyone answered your question, but I had this issue when I plussed my pre the first time around. The answer lies in the tokens you have copied. If you write down the numbers, you will not see the last 2 numbers for one of the "BATT" tokens--you have to actually copy it in Internalz (or better yet, email it to yourself). I hope this works for you.
    The one linked in the wiki (scr3wdestiny). Wasn't listed, but in her video when she showed the files created those files were listed. Not sure if it is relative to the process, hence why I asked.

as far as the other issue is concerned, I have a Sprint Pre. I am attempting to run meta-sprint-2.0.1.
    For the Sprint Pre, you should be running ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    I am not sure if anyone answered your question, but I had this issue when I plussed my pre the first time around. The answer lies in the tokens you have copied. If you write down the numbers, you will not see the last 2 numbers for one of the "BATT" tokens--you have to actually copy it in Internalz (or better yet, email it to yourself). I hope this works for you.
    Let me clarify what I wrote.

When I plussed my Sprint Pre, I, too, had a charging issue, and tried different batteries. I found out in the forums that it may have to do with entering a couple of incomplete tokens in the castle.xml script. Sure enough, when I emailed myself the tokens individually from within Internalz, and compared with the numbers I transcribed from the screen of my phone, a couple of digits were left off a token related to Battery charging.
  10.    #2470  

There is no meta-sprint-pre-2.0.1 script.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    For the Sprint Pre, you should be running ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    That's what I am running. I'm not running the pre2-2.1.0, just the pre-2.1.0.

so I can't get past that error.

Reverified cygwin had all I needed installed on it.
  12.    #2472  
    You should use the Show Properties app to copy the tokens.

NEVER COPY TOKENS BY HAND.

If you are following instructions which tell you to copy them by hand, please contact the author of those instructions and ask them to stop causing major headaches for people.

-- Rod
  13.    #2473  
    That's what I am running. I'm not running the pre2-2.1.0, just the pre-2.1.0.

so I can't get past that error.

Reverified cygwin had all I needed installed on it.
    Prove it with a screenshot of your command window. You've made so many errors in your posts so far that unfortunately I no longer trust what you say.

-- Rod
    I need help with an error I am encountering trying to install 2.1.0 on my plussed Sprint Pre. I encounter one error when running ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 - I am told there is a syntax error near unexpected token '$' - any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I was following instructions from Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals

And the second to last line says:
    9. Execute the meta-sprint script to create your doctor
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre2.1.0

when it should actually add a dash after "pre":
    9. Execute the meta-sprint script to create your doctor
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
  15.    #2475  
    I need help with an error I am encountering trying to install 2.1.0 on my plussed Sprint Pre. I encounter one error when running ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 - I am told there is a syntax error near unexpected token '$' - any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    A smart question would paste in the exact output from the command which shows the error, instead of paraphrasing it. It would also give much more context about how you got to that point, what you did exactly, what you expected to happen, and what actually did happen.

-- Rod
    It's odd. I had Verizon 2.1 with 1.40.50 as the version on palm.com/profile. Did a git pull today and re-doctored with Verizon meta-doctor successfully. I signed into my existing profiles, but now my apps are not restoring. On the phone the device info says 1.40.50. On palm.com.profile it still says 1.40.50. I just deleted my builds directory as I saw some script errors that I (shouldn't have) ignored. Something about [ not being a valid symbol or something. Will try doctoring again.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I have two potential issues at work here. I just put 2.1.0 on my VZW Pre, which also happens to be a refurb replacement. I used the current meta-doctor method from the wiki.

I am experiencing weak wifi issues. I can't get more than 30 feet from my router before I lose signal completely. I know it's not the router, as my wife's Pre gets full signal long after mine has dropped.

My question is, is there any reason to believe that doctoring my phone again might fix this issue, or is it definitely a hardware problem?
    Rod -

I apologize for the typo. I was typing it while on the road - flipped the two numbers around.

Here is the screenshot of my problem -

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/cygwin.jpg

Those extra files in question would be what I saw in the video -

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/extrafiles.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A smart question would paste in the exact output from the command which shows the error, instead of paraphrasing it. It would also give much more context about how you got to that point, what you did exactly, what you expected to happen, and what actually did happen.

-- Rod
    Sorry to cut corners...

Per the instructions at: Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    I did the following:
    . Insert "CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml" after "${ARGS} "

I had also changed the castle.xml script for the new webosdoctor by adding the custom tokens as I had for the meta-doctor when I plussed my pre.

When I ran the ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0, I got the following:
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token '$' do\r''
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: line 44: 'for f in $got $wget $make $java $patch'; do
  20.    #2480  
    Rod -

I apologize for the typo. I was typing it while on the road - flipped the two numbers around.

Here is the screenshot of my problem -

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/cygwin.jpg
    No worries about the typo.

Do a "git pull" and "make clobber" and re-run the script.

Step 5 has been eliminated now, so you won't see any extra files.

-- Rod