Page 122 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, I think that's part of the instructions?

Correction: it used to be if I remember correctly.
    Now it says:

But by all means copy it to another dir/run it from Windows.

No.

Optional, and advisable if you run into problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    What GuyFromNam said. Also, restarting the novacom service can help sometimes.
    Thanks both...

Recovery Mode helped and the doctoring started properly...

...but it's now stuck on 8% - and bizarrely, when it reached 8%, my pre "woke up" out of recovery mode and is now functioning fully... still plugged into USB etc.

I've a feeling this is a 'Doctor' issue rather than a 'meta-doctor' issue... do I need to head for a different thread? Don't want to divert from the WebOS 2.1.0 upgrade questions?
    A question that i have seen in a while and i know there was issues. Have people been able to install preware correctly using the make file or is there still some issues with it?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    Thanks both...

...but it's now stuck on 8% - and bizarrely, when it reached 8%, my pre "woke up" out of recovery mode and is now functioning fully... still plugged into USB etc.

I've a feeling this is a 'Doctor' issue rather than a 'meta-doctor' issue... do I need to head for a different thread? Don't want to divert from the WebOS 2.1.0 upgrade questions?
    A couple things you can try:

-Make sure the cable is plugged into a USB 2.0 port.
    -Open task manager and close all running applications and user processes except for Explorer.exe, taskhost.exe, dwm.exe, and taskmgr.exe
    -Run doctor as administrator (right click, 'Run as Administrator')
    -If you have access to another computer, copy the doctor and try running it from that computer.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    A question that i have seen in a while and i know there was issues. Have people been able to install preware correctly using the make file or is there still some issues with it?
    thanks
    I wouldn't recommend it. People were reporting that after a reboot or luna restart that Preware was 'greyed', and even upon uninstalling and re-installing it would work until a reboot or luna restart. Not everyone was having this issue, but the best choice would be to avoid it completely. The advantage to having it installed automatically is not greater than the consequences of it not working properly.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

Quick and easy question for the Sprint Meta-Doctor users out there:

What PRL number is getting flashed to our phones with this 2.1 install?

That's it! Thank you!

M.
    My Sprint 2.1 Pre- is reporting PRL 60675
    Hello!!!
    I see the use of the App catalog is different.
    What happens with app-catalog-feed in preware?
    Where is prebackup utility?
    I'm glad I installed webos 2.1 on my pre: I think it's really better.
    Webos to power!
    Thanks to all!!!
    Apasiau,
    Lluisinho
    Quote Originally Posted by hjime223 View Post
    My Sprint 2.1 Pre- is reporting PRL 60675

Groovy. Thanks, man!

M.
    Another confirmation that the new VZW script can update to a 2.1.0 palm profile. I doctored from the earlier version that was masquerading without first deleting my backups. The phone restored all my settings, is downloading my apps, and is showing 2.1.0 on palm.com/profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    thanks
    I keep the "preware-bootstrap" script on my USB drive on the phone. So after a Doctoring, I just run it from a Novaterm
    session.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    OK. Might have found my first issue with the upgrade. Beta apps (Spaz Beta and Carbon beta) did not download.
    Mine has never redownloaded the beta apps on any version of WebOS. I think this is normal.
    The thoughts I had:
    • Does it make a difference if I run the doctor later from windows (double-clicking) rather than letting it run automatically after being built?
    • I'm assuming the phone needs to be in developer mode?
    • ...or does it need to be in recovery mode (i.e. holding down the vol + button etc)?

Thanks in advance for your patient help... and for all work that's already gone on to make this possible!!
    You can safely run the doctor later by double-clicking the .jar file, or let it run automatically after the meta-doctor, this does not make a difference.

You can either put the phone in developer mode, or use recovery mode. I had better results with recovery mode (hold vol-up, then plug in USB until you get a large USB symbol on the phone screen).

I suggest you re-run the doctor, checking a few things before:

1. Disconnect your Pre from the USB cable. Power off your Pre.
    2. Stop and restart the novacomd service
      • WinXP: Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services
      • Vista/Win7: Right-click on My Computer => select Manage, click on Services and Applications => double-click on Services
      • or click Start => Run, type in "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter
    3. Find "Palm Novacom" service and click restart (or stop, then start). This ensures you have a fresh novacomd service. (Novacomd is the driver which talks to your Pre via the USB port.)
    4. Start the webosdoctor which you built through the meta-doctor. Click through the first few screens until it checks your novacom drivers and then asks you to connect your Pre. At this stage, the Next button will be greyed.
    5. Your Pre should be switched off when you begin the next step: hold the Volume up key and while keeping it held down, plug in the USB cable. The Pre should power up and after a second or two, show a large USB logo on the screen.
    6. The Next button should now become available and you can click it to begin the doctor process.

Note: I sometimes also get doctor failures; either it does not recognize the Pre and the Next button does not turn white, or I also had it hang at 1% or 4% and finally show an error message. When I tried it again, it worked. You may just need to give it a second try.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you got your doctoring resolved; if these instructions are helpful I might just put them somewhere on the Wiki as "help for WIndows users".

Max
    I still cannot figure this issue out...

When I run the metadoctored doctor, it insists on trying to install drivers, which always fail, and botches novacom. If I cancel it works fine. If i reinstall drivers from the SDK after it fails, it will again work fine. Running official doctors does not cause this to happen. Any idea why this might be happening? Is anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    OK. Might have found my first issue with the upgrade. Beta apps (Spaz Beta and Carbon beta) did not download.
    This is false. Carbon just downloaded and installed fine on my Sprint Pre (Plus) running 2.1.0. (I gave in and used the new method last night, couldn't help myself ).
    Thanks both...

At 8% after starting from recovery mode, the doctor has finished loading a ramdisk and reboots to run from the ramdisk. For some reason your phone seems to be booting normally instead of the ramdisk. When it reboots listen for the USB connection/disconnection sounds (assuming you're running under windows and haven't turned them off) and disconnect then reconnect the usb cable after you hear the connection sound.
    confirm went from 1.45 straight to 2.1 on verizon preplus with Verizon service activated
    contacts reappear
    apps reappear
    saw voice memo app in catalog
    email/calendar accounts/mobile hotspot are set up but require password again
    call history and text history is lost

Palm profile says 2.1 and so does device info on phone
    *will be back tomorrow to report any issues with mobile hotspot, email, calendar as they are logged in and checked. I installed calendar patch for google that will extend sync time backwards and forward
    AT&T Users:

I just checked in a new test-meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 script. Need some folks to test it and see if you get a 2.1.0 device and online profile, please.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Last edited by EdCates; 03/05/2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    At 8% after starting from recovery mode, the doctor has finished loading a ramdisk and reboots to run from the ramdisk. For some reason your phone seems to be booting normally instead of the ramdisk. When it reboots listen for the USB connection/disconnection sounds (assuming you're running under windows and haven't turned them off) and disconnect then reconnect the usb cable after you hear the connection sound.
    Yup, it's actually starting to reboot (back into 1.4.5) around 4% (i.e. the disconnection noise happens then) and then the process gets stuck at the ramdisk point (8%)...

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but to no avail.

I found it mentioned on the "how to recover" page of the Internals Wiki that said:

If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    After it boots, run novaterm:
    novaterm
    Once connected to the device, type:
    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    then type:
    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media
    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.
    Anyone else come across this issue??
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre -

Remembered to git the newest script this time (thanks Ed).

Meta and Doctored.

Profile AND phone say 2.1 and apps are reinstalling as I type.

Ya'll rock.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    This is false. Carbon just downloaded and installed fine on my Sprint Pre (Plus) running 2.1.0. (I gave in and used the new method last night, couldn't help myself ).
    I've also been able to download beta apps just fine. London Tube Service Beta amongst others for me.
    Here's a tip for those using Gmail and don't have spare email addresses to create profiles.

You can use plus (+) to generate additional emails. That way you don't have to use your "production" profile for testing OS 2.1.

e.g. if your email is user@gmail.com, you can create the profile using user+os2@gmail.com. It'll still go to user@gmail.com, plus you can create filters on the new address.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here