Page 121 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Yeah. I was kinda curious about how we can be sure that will work if most of us don't know how step 5 was circumvented.
    Here's the deal with step 5:

    For Sprint/Verizon:
    --------------------

    Sometime in the last week, Sprint Pre 2's started to get correct version numbers on the palm profile.

    We noticed this, and modified the sprint and verizon scripts to do the right thing to take advantage of that. Seems that it worked.

    For other carriers:
    --------------------

    We now create a custom conglomeration of parts of the 1.4.5 palm-build-info and parts of the 2.1.0 palm-build-info to create one that says one thing to the palm profile login process, and something else to Mojo when it asks what version of webOS is running.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #2402  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Could it be that your Ubuntu/Virtualbox disk space is full? Unpacking three doctors uses a lot of space, and perhaps when building the new doctor it just ran out of disk space to write.

    Max
    Yes that looks to be the case. Now just reading on how to create more... Any tips would be appreciated
  3. #2403  
    I redoctored tonight with the updated script and signed into my profile EVDO, profile updated to 2.1.0 perfectly. Got all my old paid apps with no issues. Thanks Ed and Rod. Also want to thank Jason for the flash plug in. I downloaded Pre Ware and the documentation. This is really breathing new life into my Pre Plus till the Pre 3 is available.
  4. #2404  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Here's the deal with step 5:

    For Sprint/Verizon:
    --------------------

    Sometime in the last week, Sprint Pre 2's started to get correct version numbers on the palm profile.

    We noticed this, and modified the sprint and verizon scripts to do the right thing to take advantage of that. Seems that it worked.

    For other carriers:
    --------------------

    We now create a custom conglomeration of parts of the 1.4.5 palm-build-info and parts of the 2.1.0 palm-build-info to create one that says one thing to the palm profile login process, and something else to Mojo when it asks what version of webOS is running.

    -- Rod
    Has this been tested on UMTS devices in the last day or so to see if they have gotten the "2.1.0 for Legacy Pre(+)" too?
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  5.    #2405  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Has this been tested on UMTS devices in the last day or so to see if they have gotten the "2.1.0 for Legacy Pre(+)" too?
    Most WR devices (that use the O2 scripts) already have.

    Don't know about AT&T devices.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #2406  
    OK. Might have found my first issue with the upgrade. Beta apps (Spaz Beta and Carbon beta) did not download.
  7. #2407  
    Well. I went ahead and tried to log into my existing 1.4.5 profile without deleting backups after running the newest sprint pre- script. Worst case scenario I switch to the new profile i created earlier on 2.1 that I actually got goin' pretty good.

    Everything seemed to go fine through activation. It hung on the Activation Completed screen as per normal so I option+sym+r'd and it began to reboot.

    But where does it end up?! The Activation Completed screen! I tap OK and hope to see it reboot on its own.

    Didn't. option+sym+r'd again and again with the same results.

    Something (maybe) noteworthy is that each time, immediately following option+sym+r, A second wifi icon appeared next to the first. (Weird!)

    So, so far I deem this an unsuccessful attempt. Has anybody seen a continual return to the Activation Completed screen?

    I'm currently re-doctoring with the same new (yes I'm sure) meta-sprint-Pre-2.1.0 doctor and we'll see...

    If that doesn't work I'll attempt to doctor back to 1.4.5 to turn off backups.


    **Update: Currently on first of hopefully one reboot(s). palm.com/profile says 2.1.

    **Update 2: Same results. Rebooted to Activated Completed screen.

    **Update 3: Tried one more time with the same doctor, this time attempting to sign into my existing 2.1 profile, and same results! Here's where I confess to altering the script a little. All I did was take the sprint apps out. Perhaps just this, or this combined Rod's tinkering earlier is behind my issues.

    I've created a new doctor and after charging for awhile, might try that before trying 1.4.5 again (gave me a phone disconnected error). I might be out of a phone for a couple days. Good thing I still have my wifi 2.1 device. Heh.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 03/05/2011 at 01:59 AM.
  8. #2408  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Yes that looks to be the case. Now just reading on how to create more... Any tips would be appreciated
    -Have you deleted several doctors and what have you? If so you could try emptying the trash.

    -Did you choose a dynamic/scaled hard drive space when you installed ubuntu into virtual box? If so a simple reboot of your physical computer might do the trick.

    -If I tried those and they didn't work I would uninstall ubuntu, and either:

    -re-install and alot more hard drive space (it's configured at some point in the installation process)

    or

    -try cygwin (or whatever it's called. I haven't actually tried it.)
  9. #2409  
    hi I update my uk pre- couple days ago, add flash, overcloock it for a day was running fine. In the middle of restoring and installing everything I got(with preware, iven as a placeholder) I got info on screen about full app memory and that I suppose to do restart, as I was pressing Ok button, I have notice that after restart I have to sign to palm profile, with means that it was some kinda soft reset.
    ok now after signing and restoring apps from catalog I was trying to overcloock again but preware gave me this error:
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    so for now I cannot install kernel. Another thing I notice that gps its not working, everything is on. Funny thing that battery percent works straight after reset. Any idea on kernel error?
  10. #2410  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Well. I went ahead and tried to log into my existing 1.4.5 profile without deleting backups after running the newest sprint pre- script. Worst case scenario I switch to the new profile i created earlier on 2.1 that I actually got goin' pretty good.

    Everything seemed to go fine through activation. It hung on the Activation Completed screen as per normal so I option+sym+r'd and it began to reboot.

    But where does it end up?! The Activation Completed screen! I tap OK and hope to see it reboot on its own.

    Didn't. option+sym+r'd again and again with the same results.

    Something (maybe) noteworthy is that each time, immediately following option+sym+r, A second wifi icon appeared next to the first. (Weird!)

    So, so far I deem this an unsuccessful attempt. Has anybody seen a continual return to the Activation Completed screen?

    I'm currently re-doctoring with the same new (yes I'm sure) meta-sprint-Pre-2.1.0 doctor and we'll see...

    If that doesn't work I'll attempt to doctor back to 1.4.5 to turn off backups.


    **Update: Currently on first of hopefully one reboot(s). palm.com/profile says 2.1.

    **Update 2: Same results. Rebooted to Activated Completed screen.
    Mine got stuck after the activation completed screen during the reboot (pulsing hp logo). I had to reset using the ringer switch and that did the trick.
  11. #2411  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Yes that looks to be the case. Now just reading on how to create more... Any tips would be appreciated
    Happened to me and started from scratch assigning more vdi.
    It gets so easy after doing it once.
  12. jraw23's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #2412  
    I just installed 2.1.0 onto my sprint pre minus and everything seem to be working fine. I was able to get preware installed but it is only showing 1 patch available for download. I know this cannot be correct, and my question is did something go wrong with the doctoring of my phone or is it simply a preware error.

    I restarted my phone and even tried to update the feeds but it still only shows one patch being available. Does anyone know of a simple solution to fix this problem?
  13. #2413  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Mine got stuck after the activation completed screen during the reboot (pulsing hp logo). I had to reset using the ringer switch and that did the trick.
    Didn't work for me. Rebooted to Activation Completed screen. :/
  14. #2414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    I just installed 2.1.0 onto my sprint pre minus and everything seem to be working fine. I was able to get preware installed but it is only showing 1 patch available for download. I know this cannot be correct, and my question is did something go wrong with the doctoring of my phone or is it simply a preware error.

    I restarted my phone and even tried to update the feeds but it still only shows one patch being available. Does anyone know of a simple solution to fix this problem?
    I had this issue just now. I updated Preware, restarted, checked device info to make sure I was definitely on 2.1.0, and then opened Preware again, and all the patches were available.
  15. jraw23's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #2415  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I had this issue just now. I updated Preware, restarted, checked device info to make sure I was definitely on 2.1.0, and then opened Preware again, and all the patches were available.
    I did that a few times and it still did not work. Then all of a sudden all of the patches are available again. The patches were not showing in webos quick install either, but now everything is perfect. Thanks for the help.
  16.    #2416  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    I did that a few times and it still did not work. Then all of a sudden all of the patches are available again. The patches were not showing in webos quick install either, but now everything is perfect. Thanks for the help.
    Sounds like there was a glitch in the feeds.

    -- Rod
  17. #2417  
    Hi All

    Blown away by this community - thanks all! And especially Rod and the Internals gang.

    OK, I've read and re-read the wiki and as much of this thread as my short life will enable me to read (and search), but can't see what I'm doing wrong.

    I've a Pre- on O2 UK (bought the first day it launched).

    1. Did backups etc.
    2. Downloaded, set-up Cygwin, SDK, latest Java, etc.
    3. Set metadoctor running using the "meta-o2-pre-2.1.0" script
    4. All worked fine and it automatically launched the Doctor
    5. Connected phone at right point - and started to charge (only for a bit - already at 95%+)


    On the first occasion, I waited until it had started to update (it got to 8%) and went to bed... in the morning it said that the phone was "not compatible".

    Today I tried again, but this time it didn't even get to 1%, but said "We were unable to reset your phone".

    Any ideas - apologies in advance if I'm doing something monumentally stupid!

    The thoughts I had:
    • Does it make a difference if I run the doctor later from windows (double-clicking) rather than letting it run automatically after being built?
    • I'm assuming the phone needs to be in developer mode?
    • ...or does it need to be in recovery mode (i.e. holding down the vol + button etc)?


    Thanks in advance for your patient help... and for all work that's already gone on to make this possible!!
  18. #2418  
    Hey!

    Quick and easy question for the Sprint Meta-Doctor users out there:

    What PRL number is getting flashed to our phones with this 2.1 install?

    That's it! Thank you!


    M.
  19. #2419  
    What GuyFromNam said. Also, restarting the novacom service can help sometimes.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  20. #2420  
    Not that I'd go blabbing to my carrier's customer service that I did this upgrade, but does anybody have any tips on what to say/what not to say if we have to call them?

    Can they see on their end that we've done any of this?

    I'm asking because I'm about to call them. Had issues with my VZW mobile hotspot app saying I didn't have the service even though it's on my plan. Thought it was an issue with my phone that the upgrade would fix, but it seems it didn't.

Posting Permissions