Page 120 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    have you followed the steps in the wiki? enable all options?
    That's not gonna help his keyboard.

Okay that was bad.. but anyways my GPS sucked before 2.1 and it still sucks after 2.1. I've determined that I must plan out every trip beforehand.. and never rely on GPS to get me anywhere. I find it works much better that way.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    oh, I see, voice dialing is what kills the system sounds
    Not necessarily, and not reliably. I have had sounds being cut without using voice dial, and I have had sounds still working after using voice dialing.

Max
    So, I'm not sure why the Sprint script includes the ozengine.ipk from 1.4.5.

As far as I can tell from exploring the IPK, it handles Yahoo IM chat.

However, Yahoo IM chat is already included in 2.1.0 without it.
    I've had trouble with Step 5 before now, but I guess it was my fault for not running Make Clobber before doctoring. I did so this time. And I honestly say that the automation of the former step is awesome. Thanks so much, Rod!
  5.    #2385  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So, I'm not sure why the Sprint script includes the ozengine.ipk from 1.4.5.

As far as I can tell from exploring the IPK, it handles Yahoo IM chat.

However, Yahoo IM chat is already included in 2.1.0 without it.
    Removed on your advice.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #2386  
    I've pushed some minor changes to the MetaDoctor and the Sprint and Verizon scripts. It's an internal implementation change, which is not intended to have any impact on the functionality or result. You do not need to do anything as a result of this change.

Just letting you know in case I stuffed anything up, then you'll know what to point at.

The change means that the MetaDoctor now automatically retains the ordering of the files in the carrier tarball, ensuring that any inter-package dependencies are maintained. In doing so, it allows customised usage of the MetaDoctor to support inclusion of other ipkg files into the carrier tarball in the future, including the correct dependency ordering.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you all for the helpful tips and for this at WebOs-Internals working their magic!

Ive recently, successfully installed 2.1. on my Sprint Palm Pre and have everything up and running accordingly...only one issue that I am having so far and I didnt see anything about this but The browser will load half way then reload and it will keep doing that until I close the browser essentially rendering it useless. Im on my second doctor because with the first try i was getting the blank email issue, it was an issue from the first one. is this a known issue? Resolutions?

Note: Facebook App, gps, email all work fine.
    Last edited by evictme; 03/04/2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've pushed some minor changes to the MetaDoctor and the Sprint and Verizon scripts. It's an internal implementation change, which is not intended to have any impact on the functionality or result. You do not need to do anything as a result of this change.

Just letting you know in case I stuffed anything up, then you'll know what to point at.

The change means that the MetaDoctor now automatically retains the ordering of the files in the carrier tarball, ensuring that any inter-package dependencies are maintained. In doing so, it allows customised usage of the MetaDoctor to support inclusion of other ipkg files into the carrier tarball in the future, including the correct dependency ordering.

-- Rod
    Your mucking about left the VZW script working fine. :-) Going to bang on a Sprint phone now.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    It works! Woot!

I've just finished installing 2.1 on my verizon pre+. My palm profile shows 2.1.0. The install went perfectly.

I even managed to get my jabber account working. I followed the instructions here (with some 2.x tweaks): Generic Jabber (XMPP) with webOS - K's cluttered loft

The google talk account behaves differently now, so it was a bit harder, but I managed to figure it out. If anyone else wants to connect to their own jabber server with 2.1 let me know and I'll write some instructions.
    I almost forgot... Thank you webos internals! You guys are awesome.
    I wonder if this is related to upgraded Pre +/- devices now correctly identifying as 2.1...
    Performing my daily double-reading of the wiki, I noticed under Palm Profile in the caveats section it says this:

Palm Profile

* Some people have had problems signing in to existing Palm Profiles on 2.1 due to backup data. To make sure that you can sign in to your profile on 2.1, you should disable backups before doctoring to 2.1 and delete server side backups. Of course, this deletes most of the data in your Palm Profile (memos, tasks, calender entries, accounts, ...). Your apps will be restored on 2.1, but that is about it. Note that not all people have issues with backups. If you would rather not delete your Palm Profile data, you can try doctoring to 2.1 without turning backups off and see if restoring everything works. If it doesn't, you'll have to doctor back to 1.4.5 to turn off backups or use a new Palm Profile, though.

* You may get lucky if your Profile has information and you managed to pass the "Logging to Profile" screen but are stuck with a message stating that the phone cannot restore your data. If you have developer mode enabled, enter your Pre and overwrite the /etc/palm-build-info file with the palm-build-info-masq file the Doctor generated. Reboot your Pre and see if it manages to boot succesfully.

* If you get 9.9.9 in palm.com/palmprofile, then you can either doctor back to 1.4.5 for your carrier and log in, then delete backup info in backup app and then 2.1.0 metadoctor it, or you can restore the masqueraded /etc/palm-build-info for your device, erase your backup info in the backup app and use "Erase Apps and Data" from the reset option in the Device Info app.

* If you get the dr. skipped firstuse as a palm profile in the new accounts app in 2.1.0 and/or if the gesture application creates a blank screen, you have the false profile problem. You need to doctor back to 1.4.5 for your carrier and login in, then delete backup info in backup app and then 2.1.0 metadoctor it. To avoid this problem, redownload the metadoctor latest version and run the appropiate script with the --wifi-only switch.
    That is incorrect, correct? It might avoid the problem, but will render the device unable to be activated as far as I understand it. That's probably not to be desired for most. Thought I'd post here and get some feedback before I go and edit it.. Input?

Also, I see step 2 (erasing backups) has been emphasized as being more important than it was before. I feel like I saw some posts in this thread indicating that the newest Sprint scripts don't require it-- straight-up, and one should be able to log in with any 1.4.5 profile. Was that a delusional moment? Does this need testing? Have there been recent confirmations?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried running MotionApps Classic on a Pre+ running 2.1.0 (i.e., is the PalmOS ROM included in the MetaDr)? If it's not included, can it be added per: Classic on webOS 2.0 made possible thanks to webOS 1.4.5 Doctor, homebrew ingenuity | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

I still use Classic to run PocketQuicken, so it would be nice it it could keep working.

dj
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Performing my daily double-reading of the wiki, I noticed under Palm Profile in the caveats section it says this:

* If you get the dr. skipped firstuse as a palm profile in the new accounts app in 2.1.0 and/or if the gesture application creates a blank screen, you have the false profile problem. You need to doctor back to 1.4.5 for your carrier and login in, then delete backup info in backup app and then 2.1.0 metadoctor it. To avoid this problem, redownload the metadoctor latest version and [b]run the appropiate script with the --wifi-only switch.{/b]

That is incorrect, correct? It might avoid the problem, but will render the device unable to be activated as far as I understand it. That's probably not to be desired for most. Thought I'd post here and get some feedback before I go and edit it.. Input?
    It should probably read at the end of that sentence something like: only if you do not intend to have cellular service on the device as this option disables the modem update and renders cellular service inoperable.

Note the bullet point directly below it as well...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    It should probably read at the end of that sentence something like: only if you do not intend to have cellular service on the device as this option disables the modem update and renders cellular service inoperable.
    K. Perfect phrasing. I'll go add that.

Note the bullet point directly below it as well...
    Yeah. I was kinda curious about how we can be sure that will work if most of us don't know how step 5 was circumvented.
    K. Perfect phrasing. I'll go add that.

Yeah. I was kinda curious about how we can be sure that will work if most of us don't know how step 5 was circumvented.
    Yeah, don't know, and at this stage until AT&T can report as a 2.1 device on palm's profile server I don't care to try
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Performing my daily double-reading of the wiki, I noticed under Palm Profile in the caveats section it says this:...
    Also, I see step 2 (erasing backups) has been emphasized as being more important than it was before. I feel like I saw some posts in this thread indicating that the newest Sprint scripts don't require it-- straight-up, and one should be able to log in with any 1.4.5 profile. Was that a delusional moment? Does this need testing? Have there been recent confirmations?
    Thought i saw a few confirms also about not needing to erase backup on 1.45 when first running script...
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    OK, boys and girls. I believe I have confirmation that the current Verizon script allows direct upgrade from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0. I took the plunge tonight to do my part in the research that has made us all happier Pre owners. I installed the doctor and logged in to my original profile, which was still at 1.4.5. I had NOT turned off backups and/or erased the profile data. Upon completing the login, my device info app and my OS version on the Palm Profile site show 2.1.0. All my free and paid apps are downloading, and I just purchased and installed Music Player Remix v2.0.7. Voice Memos also shows up in the catalog. All my email accounts are present and being synced.

Is there anything else I need to check before declaring direct upgrade without deleting profile backup a success?
    palm profile contacts?
    memos/notes?
    tasks?
    calender?

did you have any of that data?
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    palm profile contacts?
    memos/notes?
    tasks?
    calender?

did you have any of that data?
    The only Palm Profile contacts I had were the Verizon "#" codes, like #BAL. Those did not carry over, and I won't miss them.

Memos are intact.

Tasks are intact.

I did not have any Palm Profile calendars. (All Google and Exchange, and app-related.)