Page 12 of 217 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    **Mod note**

Please do not post links to, or copies of altered proprietary software. There is a big difference in posting a patch for software (legal), and altering the actual OS and reposting those files (illegal). Thank you!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/22/2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    when you click any help menu or help-app itself do you have always: "Failed to load the requested page." and it's due to "for testing" release?
    or am I the only one?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Well, it looks like my decision was just made for me. Dieter's hands on post on the front page says:

Sadly, it doesn't look like Flash is included in this ROM and neither is voice dialing or Skype.
    Voice dialing is the one feature that I really wish my Pre Plus had... sigh... I hope that it appears soon.
    Question: when you say you need a copy of the palm-build-info, where do you put it at after extracting it? Do you just dump the file in the meta-doctor directory?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    Well, it looks like my decision was just made for me. Dieter's hands on post on the front page says:

Voice dialing is the one feature that I really wish my Pre Plus had... sigh... I hope that it appears soon.
    I'm not sure what Dieter did, but there is a "Voice Dial" app that gets installed. In about five different languages. Maybe six.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Question: when you say you need a copy of the palm-build-info, where do you put it at after extracting it? Do you just dump the file in the meta-doctor directory?
    Wherever you tell the Makefile you put it. If you set:
    Code:
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    then yes, you put the file in the top level of meta-doctor, along with the Makefile.
    Just used the metadoctor to put 2.1.0 on my UK O2 origional Pre, worked flawlessly and upon rebooting everything seems pretty snappy. Haven't sync'd back all the contacts yet though.

For reference I used
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr
    to build the metadoctor.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by putty_thing View Post
    Just used the metadoctor to put 2.1.0 on my UK O2 origional Pre, worked flawlessly and upon rebooting everything seems pretty snappy. Haven't sync'd back all the contacts yet though.

For reference I used
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus all-wr
    to build the metadoctor.
    Glad to hear it seems to be working - I'm going to attempt the same thing myself on an original o2 UK Pre tomorrow I think. Can you purchase paid apps and sign in to your profile OK?
    hi

i have a pre+ on O2 uk. I have just downloaded the german webOS2.1 update. Do i need to use the metadoctor to flash my device. Apologies if anyone has asked this already. Also before i attempt to doctor my device, will i need to remove the patches i have on the device.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

Full App Catalog access, Profile support, and updated modem firmware
    i'm excited. gonna give it a few days but if it looks pretty safe, I might give it a go pretty soon. thank you to all the pioneers out there, its an exciting day (for me anyway).
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    **Mod note**

Please do not post links to, or copies of altered proprietary software. There is a big difference in posting a patch for software (legal), and altering the actual OS and reposting those files (illegal). Thank you!
    ** OP & Mod note **

Any posts which refer to illegally redistributed software (such as a leaked webOS 2.0.1 doctor) will be removed.

Any posts which quote those removed posts will also be removed, and so on down the line of references. If you want your post to remain in this thread, you need to completely ignore invalid posts by others.

I will be vicious in applying this policy, and ask the other moderators to do the same.

This thead is about using legally obtained items and the meta-doctor to achieve certain results. Posts which refer to illegally obtained material are not welcome anywhere near this thread.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/22/2011 at 03:15 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Glad to hear it seems to be working - I'm going to attempt the same thing myself on an original o2 UK Pre tomorrow I think. Can you purchase paid apps and sign in to your profile OK?
    Haven't (ever) tried paid apps and I made a new Palm profile so I could go back if required, so can't help I'm afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    hi

i have a pre+ on O2 uk. I have just downloaded the german webOS2.1 update. Do i need to use the metadoctor to flash my device. Apologies if anyone has asked this already. Also before i attempt to doctor my device, will i need to remove the patches i have on the device.

Thanks in advance

Twitter
  14.    #234  
    OK, looks like pastorrich1 is on the right track with using the Verizon Pre 2 CDMA firmware, and Leathal is on the right track with using my masquerade procedure to get app catalog access

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Okay, next question:

I edited the makefile with the different values Leathal posted, I put the palm-build-info file in the meta-doctor folder, what do I actually type at the command prompt since I already edited the make file? Everything Rod posted initially or something different?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Seconded! I'd like to know the answer to this too
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    And I guess the mods have moderated a bit too strong. I'm pretty sure I saw a post mention Music Player Remix (final app cat version) not working on the 2.1 update and now don't see it. I would like to know whether everybody has this problem?
    I'd say a user posted something he shouldn't have. Once a rule is violated a mod can delete it. A mod doesn't need to take his/her time to be politically correct and edit it! Nuff said!
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    So any news yet on the correct doctor provided by O2?

And I guess the mods have moderated a bit too strong. I'm pretty sure I saw a post mention Music Player Remix (final app cat version) not working on the 2.1 update and now don't see it. I would like to know whether everybody has this problem?
    Alright, I'll post again. I tried to see if Music Player Remix 2.0 would install. The new version requires WebOS 2.0 or above. No dice.

Also, I noticed enhanced bluetooth features. I connected to my computer (something I was unable to do with 1.4.5), and Windows 7 allows me to use the computer as a speaker for my phone. There are controls 'play', 'pause', 'next', 'forward', 'shuffle', 'repeat', and a couple others. I'm putting music on phone now to see how this works. Here is a pic of BT menu:

I'll get a pic of the controls once I get music on the phone.

Also, I am curious to see if playcounts are increased with 2.1.0. This would be a great feature.
    Just created a doctor for my german o2 pre- with just
    "make DEVICE=preplus all-wr"
    doctor created fine but it wont flash my pre, incompatible device.

Can anyone help me here?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, looks like pastorrich1 is on the right track with using the Verizon Pre 2 CDMA firmware, and Leathal is on the right track with using my masquerade procedure to get app catalog access

-- Rod
    Cap, App Catalog is working properly by now. good morning

p.s. is there a way to check if GPS is working or not? maps says unable to determine my location...
    what could be the reason for that? german o2 pre- in germany had never problems with GPS until now