Page 119 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #2361  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Rod - amazing work you guys are doing!

Regarding using the phone/carrier specific scripts - as I understand the scripts will "automake" edits in the makefile. In the case of using the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES and ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS options in the makefile - will these be used even when making the doctor from a script or shall these options be added in the scripts instead?
    The scripts do not edit the Makefile. They pass command line arguments to 'make' which override the default variable definitions in the Makefile.

If you change a default definition in the Makefile, it will be used as long as the scripts do not override it. Those two you referenced are not overridden.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Regarding speculations on Palm changing the rules regarding Palm Profiles thats been discussed in this thread as a possible contributing factor to the success in upgrading the Palm Profile version.

When I first activated my Pre- this was done in the O2 store in Germany with one of the stores SIM cards. This German phone number has been in my Palm Profile ever since and even after updating to 1.4.5.

2 days ago I noticed that the phone number in my Palm Profile had changed to that of the Swedish number I am using. I got a bit scared so I had to check if I still had access to paid apps - yes, no change fortunately.

Any other reports of this and could this possibly be related to changes in HP "policies" for the Palm Profile?

Just a thought....
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just ran the new Sprint Pre 2.1.0 script twice and it still says 1.4.5 in the device info under version.
    I did not skip any steps. There is a screen shot of it finishing..

edit: Got it figured out! Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by h2onions; 03/04/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    I find this speculation that HP may have simply 'fixed' their servers to allow 2.1 profiles on non-official device/carrier combinations quite interesting, and certainly plausible. After all, they had Rod do a keynote on homebrew at their dev conference. They gave WebOS Internals a monster server. They probably saw lots of profile configuration errors in their servers, knew what was going on over here, and decided to just fix it on the sly.

I think this all should re-affirm our commitment to WebOS and HP. Consider this:

Let's say Apple started seeing indications that users were hacking unauthorized code onto their iphones, that was causing them to appear a little 'strange' to the app store. Would apple:

A) fix the App Store to better accept these un-authorized devices and generally support the actions of their enthusiastic users
    B) explicitly lock the devices out of the App Store
    C) attempt to brick the devices
    D) work on engineering the next iPhone to simply release a toxin and kill the user if they attempt run un-authorized code or even just hold it the wrong way. iSheep have to be kept in line, or trimmed from the herd.
    sprint pre-, just ran make clobber, git pull and reran the script (run #2) for my phone and was able to sign into my 1.4.5 profile on evdo without prepping it first. palm profile reports i'm running 2.1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Let's say Apple started seeing indications that users were hacking unauthorized code onto their iphones, that was causing them to appear a little 'strange' to the app store. Would apple:

A) fix the App Store to better accept these un-authorized devices and generally support the actions of their enthusiastic users
    D) work on engineering the next iPhone to simply release a toxin and kill the user if they attempt run un-authorized code or even just hold it the wrong way. iSheep have to be kept in line, or trimmed from the herd.
    This could be HP's path to 2.x...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    All of the below!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I find this speculation that HP may have simply 'fixed' their servers to allow 2.1 profiles on non-official device/carrier combinations quite interesting, and certainly plausible. After all, they had Rod do a keynote on homebrew at their dev conference. They gave WebOS Internals a monster server. They probably saw lots of profile configuration errors in their servers, knew what was going on over here, and decided to just fix it on the sly.

I think this all should re-affirm our commitment to WebOS and HP. Consider this:

Quote Originally Posted by h2onions View Post
    I just ran the new Sprint Pre 2.1.0 script twice and it still says 1.4.5 in the device info under version.
    I did not skip any steps. There is a screen shot of it finishing..
    did you "git pull" and "make clobber" in the appropriate directory before running the script?
    I may be nitpicking... but there is a typo on the wiki. In the section for a verizon palm pre plus it says:

Code:
    You will MAY get version 2.1.0 listed ...
    It should probably read:

Code:
    You MAY get version 2.1.0 listed ...
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I may be nitpicking... but there is a typo on the wiki. In the section for a verizon palm pre plus it says:

You could always login and fix it...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You could always login and fix it...

M.
    Good idea, but it looks like someone beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Good idea, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

This is why Open Source Code / Projects will always win.

WINNING!

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/04/2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Guys i just doctored my sprint pre- last night and my GPS is being flaky...sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt, its random idk a better way to explain it. Any recommendations? i think i mgiht re-doctor it
    Last edited by NpManny; 03/04/2011 at 07:27 PM.

WINNING!

M.
    Im a F18 Bro.

If HP has indeed quietly opened up the profile rules, koodos to them indeed. They may just let the homebrew take the reigns while they release the pre 3 heh.

WINNING!

M.
    WINNING. It's what's for dinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Guys i just doctored my sprint pre- last night and my GP is being flaky...sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt, its random idk a better way to explain it. Any recommendations? i think i mgiht re-doctor it
    Whats GP?
    Hey, Rod!

Just to give my experience with the new script, my Palm Profile shows software version 2.1 for my VZW Pre+. I've been able to find and install 2.X apps in the catalog. Backups will work for 2.X -> 2.X assuming that you aren't going from a build without carrier apps to one with carrier apps (Delete your backup beforehand, or else your apps will not download). Also, the carrier apps all seem to work fine! Thanks for all that you do!

--Cody
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Whats GP? General Practitioner?
    GPS sorry this keyboard sucks im on a laptop >.<
    $5 donated to webosinternals = keep up the awesome work. Enjoying my pre- webos2.1. Hope to do a sprint pre2 shortly :-) :-) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    GPS sorry this keyboard sucks im on a laptop >.<
    have you followed the steps in the wiki? enable all options?