Page 118 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Can you elaborate on this so that I may include it in the wiki? Specifically, what command do you run and from what directory, and when should this be run?
    You type "make clobber" from the meta-doctor directory. It cleans out the previous build artifacts.
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The scripts do not change anything inside the build directories other than the new meta-* directory that is created from scratch each time.

You should treat the unpacked doctors in the build directory as read-only areas.

-- Rod
    Forgive my ignorance of the syntax. Does this mean that a "make clobber" is or is not required/recommended?
  3.    #2343  
    Forgive my ignorance of the syntax. Does this mean that a "make clobber" is or is not required/recommended?
    It is safe to do a "make clobber" after a "git pull". That will ensure that everything is in a pristine state (a bit like a webOS Doctor on a phone).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I saw somewhere in the last 400 posts some instructions for pre-loading the wifi profiles so that the initial palm profile login can be done over wifi instead of cell data. I'd like to do this when I re-doctor later today, as the last time I doctored it managed to pull 75MB of cell data before I got my wifi activated. My data plan is 150mb as I normally use very little data, so if that happens again I'll go over my cap and get hit with an overage charge.

I can't seem to find that info now though, despite reading back several pages in this thread. If anyone would be so kind as to point me to those instructions, I'll make sure some of what I save gets to WebOS Internals.

Thanks.
  5.    #2345  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I saw somewhere in the last 400 posts some instructions for pre-loading the wifi profiles so that the initial palm profile login can be done over wifi instead of cell data. I'd like to do this when I re-doctor later today, as the last time I doctored it managed to pull 75MB of cell data before I got my wifi activated. My data plan is 150mb as I normally use very little data, so if that happens again I'll go over my cap and get hit with an overage charge.

I can't seem to find that info now though, despite reading back several pages in this thread. If anyone would be so kind as to point me to those instructions, I'll make sure some of what I save gets to WebOS Internals.

Thanks.
    The documentation for that feature is in the Makefile.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Just "upgraded," from 2.1 to 2.1 using the new scripts on an o2 UK Pre-. I have webOS version 2.1 listed in both my Device Info and on my Palm Profile.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The scripts do not change anything inside the build directories other than the new meta-* directory that is created from scratch each time.

You should treat the unpacked doctors in the build directory as read-only areas.

-- Rod
    Well, for some reason my palm-build-info file, which I did not put there, stuck around between builds. I am not sure why.
  8.    #2348  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    Well, for some reason my palm-build-info file, which I did not put there, stuck around between builds. I am not sure why.
    It's quite possible that a very early experimental script did the wrong thing. As you said, doing a "make clobber" is a good idea after you update to the latest scripts, but will definitely not be required (but is still safe to do) going forward.

-- Rod
    Success story part 2: I used the new script on my verizon pre plus, and everything worked flawlessly. My device info and palm profile both read 2.1.0, I have full access to 2.0 apps, all verizon carrier apps work fine (except VZ nav, which I am unable to test since I dont have a subscription). I used evdo, not wifi, and on my primary phone and profile. I should also add that I am by NO means a programmer. This was achieved through the brilliant scripts, and CAREFUL adherence to the wiki page. If you are having a problem, reread the wiki again, and start all over from scratch. Thanks again everyone!!
    I also just went from 2.1 with the old scripts to 2.1 with the new. Left backups enabled, everything went off fine, and now showing 2.1 on my profile! this week just keeps getting better!
    Done. I also included instructions on doing a "git pull" in step 3, as it seems a lot of people are inadvertently using old scripts when creating a 2.1.0 meta-doctor a second time. I just learned how to do this today, so I thought I'd share.
    In step 3 regarding scripts, meta device carrier--should that be inverted to meta carrier device? Also, was helpful earlier when you had a concrete example of a (sprint) script typed there as a format to follow, and I noticed it was gone now.
    Reran scripts an hour ago for a phone with Verizon. I will test it out on the phone itself when I return in about 5 hours.
  12.    #2352  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    In step 3 regarding scripts, meta device carrier--should that be inverted to meta carrier device? Also, was helpful earlier when you had a concrete example of a (sprint) script typed there as a format to follow, and I noticed it was gone now.
    Good catch, fixed.

Look further down the page (you did read the page from top to bottom twice, right?) and you will see the precise command lines for each device and carrier combination.

-- Rod
    would a provisioner from another sprint 2.x doctor work to update prl... if it existed?
    Good catch, fixed.

Look further down the page (you did read the page from top to bottom twice, right?) and you will see the precise command lines for each device and carrier combination.

-- Rod
    Yes, good job, I usually run the list script command to see all the choices in terminal.
    It was just nice when you had the e.g. right there in that line. If you find it saves you some questions from people, you might find yourself wanting to add it back, thats all.

I'll be back tonight to report on the Verizon phone. Profoundly grateful to you all for the hard work and generous spirit.
    So I went through the steps of creating a webosdoctor for 2.1 for my sprint Pre. I used virtualbox and ubuntu, but I had to transport the finished product as I was at work when I made the files. I went through various issues because I could not get shared folders to work, and ended up ftping to my work's server...then copied over to my local pc. Upon ftping, I received read/write errors in Filezilla, and then again when I copied it over from the server to my local.

Today I recreated a new webosdoctor altogether just in case...but this time I zipped up the entire meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 folder and ftped that. It seemed to have no problems, so I moved that zip file straight into my internal drive of the Pre. I get home and have tried unzipping from the Pre and after copying it to my laptop, and I get the attached errors....there are probably 120-150 or so files not unzipping.

Any idea why this is happening? (keep in mind it isn't specific to being zipped up, as it was occurring upon even ftping it or copying the ftped files..)

I try to run the doctor anyway (maybe foolishly)...but I get the "We were unable to reset your phone" error. Not sure if this is due to the missing files, or if something else is wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  16.    #2356  
    Quote Originally Posted by r2xj View Post
    would a provisioner from another sprint 2.x doctor work to update prl... if it existed?
    There is no other public release of a Sprint 2.x doctor, so that question cannot be answered in this thread.

-- Rod
    <thread merged>
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The documentation for that feature is in the Makefile.

-- Rod
    Rod - amazing work you guys are doing!

Regarding using the phone/carrier specific scripts - as I understand the scripts will "automake" edits in the makefile. In the case of using the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES and ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS options in the makefile - will these be used even when making the doctor from a script or shall these options be added in the scripts instead?
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    So I went through the steps of creating a webosdoctor for 2.1 for my sprint Pre. I used virtualbox and ubuntu, but I had to transport the finished product as I was at work when I made the files. I went through various issues because I could not get shared folders to work, and ended up ftping to my work's server...then copied over to my local pc. Upon ftping, I received read/write errors in Filezilla, and then again when I copied it over from the server to my local.

Today I recreated a new webosdoctor altogether just in case...but this time I zipped up the entire meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 folder and ftped that. It seemed to have no problems, so I moved that zip file straight into my internal drive of the Pre. I get home and have tried unzipping from the Pre and after copying it to my laptop, and I get the attached errors....there are probably 120-150 or so files not unzipping.

Any idea why this is happening? (keep in mind it isn't specific to being zipped up, as it was occurring upon even ftping it or copying the ftped files..)

I try to run the doctor anyway (maybe foolishly)...but I get the "We were unable to reset your phone" error. Not sure if this is due to the missing files, or if something else is wrong.
    PS...When I just *open* the zip file in Power Archiver, I can see that the files are in there...just can't get to em...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  20.    #2360  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post

Looks like Windows cannot unzip doctors for some reason. Use Cygwin or Linux or MacOSX.

-- Rod