Page 115 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    wow, nice work everyone. I'll re-doctor my VZW Pre+ again this weekend, hopefully for the last time. At least until WebOS 2.2 comes out

by the way, has anyone had any trouble with their system sounds going silent? I've had it happen twice now since going to 2.1. A reboot brings them back, but then at some point later they just go away.
    Yes, system sounds don't stay turned on and the Help app isn't working the way it should. There's also a few other bugs.. listed in the 2.1.0 bug thread.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    ./meta-doctor/scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    Ran this script (at about 1:30pm eastern) and I have 1.4.5 on my device and on my profile. So that didn't work too well.

EDIT for more info:

Previously I had unmasked my device so it was showing 2.1 but my profile was still showing 1.4.5.

I did not doctor back to 1.4.5 before running meta-doctoring this time.

I did not turn off backups before running to delete my old profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Ran this script (at about 1:30pm eastern) and I have 1.4.5 on my device and on my profile. So that didn't work too well.

EDIT for more info:

Previously I had unmasked my device so it was showing 2.1 but my profile was still showing 1.4.5.

I did not doctor back to 1.4.5 before running meta-doctoring this time.

I did not turn off backups before running to delete my old profile.
    Did you do a 'git pull' to make sure you had the latest versions of scripts?
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    I think this question was asked before and the answer was essentially, "We think there might be problems in this case but we're not sure yet." ...

What happens if somebody doctors back to 1.4.5 if they doctored in such a way that the online palm profile shows 2.1.0. Will doctoring back cause the palm profile update to go back to 1.4.5, or is this a one-way street?
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 03/04/2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I'm never clear enough the first time I post...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yeah... I'm an *****.

I forgot to do that. I'm out of time today but I'll do it again tomorrow.

An interesting side note though... last time around it restored all my apps. This time it restored my profile (because I didn't delete it I guess) including custom named launcher pages and what not, but did NOT restore any of my apps.

Thanks for pointing out where I missed a step.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    and palm profile online shows 2.1.0?

Es un dia magnifico!
    ok, i misunderstood the question. didn't try activating with my old profile b/c i was afraid of it causing trouble if i wanted to go back to 1.4.5. i made a new profile and activated it over evdo
    Quote Originally Posted by scarriles View Post
    ok, i misunderstood the question. didn't try activating with my old profile b/c i was afraid of it causing trouble if i wanted to go back to 1.4.5. i made a new profile and activated it over evdo
    But we still need to know if the profile you logged in with shows 2.1.0 on the palm website.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Yeah... I'm an *****.

I forgot to do that. I'm out of time today but I'll do it again tomorrow.

An interesting side note though... last time around it restored all my apps. This time it restored my profile (because I didn't delete it I guess) including custom named launcher pages and what not, but did NOT restore any of my apps.

Thanks for pointing out where I missed a step.
    This is to be expected if you did not delete your backups.

When you try again tomorrow, I do believe you do not have to delete your backups and everything should restore as it should.

There's also a few other bugs.. listed in the 2.1.0 bug thread.
    Where is that thread? I don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Where is that thread? I don't see it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-bug-list.html

11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The only Linux commands I can run are the ones I can copy/paste from directions in the wikis, and I can't find instructions on how to do a "git pull", or when it should be done.

Can someone with the appropriate knowledge add this information to either the 2.0 or MetaDoctor wiki so I won't run into the same trouble?

Many thanks for all the hard work. Looking forward to more results on the VZW 2.1.0 profile.
    You guys are just sick. This is too easy.

I had 1.4.5 on my palm.com/palmprofile. I had 2.1 on my device. I did not do anything with my backup settings. Ran script and dr and now showing 2.1 in both places. It is restoring things now.

Awesome work!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You guys are just sick. This is too easy.

I had 1.4.5 on my palm.com/palmprofile. I had 2.1 on my device. I did not do anything with my backup settings. Ran script and dr and now showing 2.1 in both places. It is restoring things now.

Awesome work!
    On Sprint or Verizon?

@GHT

In terminal, cd meta-doctor then type 'git pull'.

But we still need to know if the profile you logged in with shows 2.1.0 on the palm website.
    No, 1.4.0. Sorry to get you excited lol I'm just a noob

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    On Sprint or Verizon?
    Sorry, Verizon. Activated over evdo automatically.
    Sorry, Verizon. Activated over evdo automatically.
    Awesome! This means the VZW script works 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by scarriles View Post
    No, 1.4.0. Sorry to get you excited lol I'm just a noob

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Make sure you have the latest meta-doctor files by performing a git pull.

What are the 2.0 only apps and I will check and make sure I have access.
    What are the 2.0 only apps and I will check and make sure I have access.
    The two I checked are Music Player Remix and Voice Memos.

Awesome! This means the VZW script works 100%!
    And it was all automatic. Went automatically into the dr, reset automatically. I mean really, anyone should be able to do this.
    The two I checked are Music Player Remix and Voice Memos.
    Yeah, I have access to download them.