Page 113 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    This is my one and only profile.. I can't confirm that this will work without disabling the backups, because I had just re-doctored beforehand.. but you shouldn't have to delete your backups, I actually recommend not deleting them.. and testing.. because there was one report that everything was restored moving from 1.40.50 profile (on 2.1.0) to the new version 2.1.0 profile, including texts, contacts, and accounts, launcher pages, etc etc etc.....
    I could test it out tonight - but I have already successfully doctored to 2.1.0. My backups should be fine, right?

Would I have to redoctor to 1.4.5 to test this, or straight over the 2.1.0 (with 1.40.50 profile)?
    That's enough for me to be crazy enough to try this!!! New doctor is at 42%.. if this works, I'm going to put on my speedo and run down the street flailing my arms obnoxiously..
    Well, I'll be DAMNED! IT WORKS.

OmFg! Craziness!
    I feel bad for your neighbors - LOL.

Glad to know this is getting closer. Question: Is this intended to mature from "testing" to "ready for most users"? Or will this always remain a bit on the edge?

I'm not asking for a prediction, just intent.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 03/04/2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNole View Post
    I could test it out tonight - but I have already successfully doctored to 2.1.0. My backups should be fine, right?

Would I have to redoctor to 1.4.5 to test this, or straight over the 2.1.0 (with 1.40.50 profile)?
    Straight over. I believe this is because Palm has profile conversion software and once you make the transition from 1.40.50 to 2.1.0, all the data is correctly implemented in 2.1.0.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

Glad to know this is getting closer. Question: Is this intended to mature from "testing" to "ready for most users"? Or will this always remain a bit on the edge?

Right now, it's still testing. It's not guaranteed to work, and all the warnings still apply. However if enough people get this to work correctly, it may go to 'ready for most users'. But the WiKi needs to be updated.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

I'm in the process of testing it right now. If it works reliably, there's no reason to not roll it out for everyone. Share the love! Share the joy!
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I'm in the process of testing it right now. If it works reliably, there's no reason to not roll it out for everyone. Share the love! Share the joy!
    Hot damn!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Giving the test code a run this morning after an even of frustration trying to masq.

Will report back.

Running a Pre-, using XP host and Ubuntu 10.10 VBVBVB.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    Giving the test code a run this morning after an even of frustration trying to masq.

Will report back.

Running a Pre-, using XP host and Ubuntu 10.10 VBVBVB.
    Test script worked wonderful for me. Now showing HP webOS 2.1.0.

Now to overclock!
    That's awesome! I like when things are repeatable by others. It reinforces that I don't live in a dream land.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    That's awesome! I like when things are repeatable by others. It reinforces that I don't live in a dream land.
    Unless you're just dreaming that things are repeatable by others.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Downloaded Uberkernel from the Kernels Testing Feed. It says the Kernel is compatible, but doesnt seem to be working.

Tried to remove, says it can't find the Tarball.

Palm Pre- running test meta doctor script.
    try installing the recovery kernel and see if that helps..

I'm running 1.45 on a verizon pre+ right now. Last weekend I installed 2.1, but ran into some issues so I reverted. I've been following the thread and most of the problems I had have been resolved now.

I saw the talk of getting a 2.1 profile working on verizon. I'd like to help test that (some time tonight). Which script would I need to run?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Doesnt seem to be working. Will re-doctor. Not a big issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm running 1.45 on a verizon pre+ right now. Last weekend I installed 2.1, but ran into some issues so I reverted. I've been following the thread and most of the problems I had have been resolved now.

I saw the talk of getting a 2.1 profile working on verizon. I'd like to help test that (some time tonight). Which script would I need to run?
    It's a custom script by one of the users on here. Ed was talking about testing it and then uploading it, I'm not sure if it's in meta-doctor yet. Here is my post with instructions:

http://forums.precentral.net/2896699-post2276.html

I'm running 2.1 on my Sprint Pre Plus. There was a slight scare when I opened Preware and only saw 1 patch available. Luckily, there was also an update for Preware and that solved the problem. Just donated to the group that always makes the Pre feel like a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Yes. It works.

Unfortunately I have to run out for about an hour. I'll get it pushed to the meta-doctor repository when I get back.

Hang tight. ;-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    But in order for the new VZW script to work, we have to have wifi by transferring the wifi list, correct?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I am trying the new test script pushed out yesterday on a Sprint+ and keep stopping at 8%. The wiki instructions to fix it seem to be a bit over my head. They are as follows:
    "If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    After it boots, run novaterm:
    novaterm
    Once connected to the device, type:
    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    then type:
    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media
    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor"

Can someone help me please?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx
    Can we try the P100UEU WR device users previously (6 days ago) Meta-Doctored with meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 and successful result of device version 2.1.0 and profile version 1.40.50 in old profile, anything to achieve profile version 2.1.0?
    Can I try to reMeta-Doctor with meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 or are you a cunning plan to make the same changes that you made for Sprint in meta-wr-pre-2.1.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you want to try for 2.1.0 profile version, use the meta-o2- scripts first. If they don't work, then you cannot get a 2.1.0 profile version on that device at this time.

-- Rod
    GSM Pre- Movistar P100UEU WR redoctered with meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 now palm profile 2.1.0. always login with my former 1.4.5 profile and WITHOUT turn off backups. After a time to download pay apps, even new pages in launcher or SMS messages are preserved. Total and complete success.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)