Page 112 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2221  
    So the main advantage of have a 2.1 profile on Palm.com/palmprofile is that it does a better job of saving more things in your profile?

    And wasn't there some thinking early on that palm would reject 2.1 on devices and carriers that did not have that upgrade, thus setting the 9.9.9?
  2. #2222  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    So the main advantage of have a 2.1 profile on Palm.com/palmprofile is that it does a better job of saving more things in your profile?

    And wasn't there some thinking early on that palm would reject 2.1 on devices and carriers that did not have that upgrade, thus setting the 9.9.9?
    Err that and you have access to 2.x apps in the App Catalog ...

    which is absolutely the coolest thing evar!

    I can't wait for the ability to do this on VZW.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  3. #2223  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Sorry, mate. It doesn't produce the same results for me. I'm getting a palm profile on the website as 1.30.51. I've had this before.. Rod was particularly interested in it. Looks like it's back to the non-testing script for the night.. *sigh*
    That is weird. So I had just re-doctored to 1.4.5, then disabled backups and deleted from profile server, before trying my script (As I was at 9.9.9 due to a mishap with the original test-verizon script).

    PS - I also used the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES option and signed in during the first reboot over WiFi.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #2224  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    That is weird. So I had just re-doctored to 1.4.5, then disabled backups and deleted from profile server, before trying my script (As I was at 9.9.9 due to a mishap with the original test-verizon script).

    PS - I also used the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES option and signed in during the first reboot over WiFi.
    I'm not sure how it works and my WiFi is protected with a password.. does it give me the option to login with my password? Or would I have to disable the password?

    And you have service afterwards?

    G'damn! I just completed a new doctor.. argh.. I'm gonna try it again I guess.

    Just to be specific where did you enable the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES option?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  5. #2225  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    I also used the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES option and signed in during the first reboot over WiFi.
    Looks good to me with 2.1.0 showing up in the profile...

    Max
  6. #2226  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Sorry, mate. It doesn't produce the same results for me. I'm getting a palm profile on the website as 1.30.51. I've had this before.. Rod was particularly interested in it. Looks like it's back to the non-testing script for the night.. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm not sure how it works and my WiFi is protected with a password.. does it give me the option to login with my password? Or would I have to disable the password?

    And you have service afterwards?

    G'damn! I just completed a new doctor.. argh.. I'm gonna try it again I guess.

    Just to be specific where did you enable the INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES option?
    From the Meta Doctor Makefile:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES imports a wifi preferences database file from
    # the user's home directory to the device. The device will then be
    # set up to use wifi immediately after the webOS Doctor has completed.
    # You must already have copied a correctly configured prefsDB.sl file
    # from the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/ directory on the device to
    # ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl or to ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    # on your host machine before enabling this feature, or it will cause a
    # fatal error.
    # Uncomment the corresponding line below to enable this feature.

    If your phone is running with WiFi working and in Dev mode, you can use:

    novacom get "file:///var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl" > com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl

    Make a config directory under the meta-doctor directory. Then move the com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl file into it.

    PS - So to be clear, you get this file from your phone when its working before you try to run meta-doctor. It can be running 1.4.5, for example...
  7. #2227  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    From the Meta Doctor Makefile:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES imports a wifi preferences database file from
    # the user's home directory to the device. The device will then be
    # set up to use wifi immediately after the webOS Doctor has completed.
    # You must already have copied a correctly configured prefsDB.sl file
    # from the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/ directory on the device to
    # ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl or to ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    # on your host machine before enabling this feature, or it will cause a
    # fatal error.
    # Uncomment the corresponding line below to enable this feature.

    If your phone is running with WiFi working and in Dev mode, you can use:

    novacom get "file:///var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl" > com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl

    Make a config directory under the meta-doctor directory. Then move the com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl file into it.
    Alright, I'm about to do this.

    I'll still be able to use CDMA afterwards right? This is my main phone..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  8. #2228  
    So, I MetaDoctor'ed my Sprint Pre (Minus) last night to webOS 2.1. The whole procedure went extremely well. Now I'm installing the patches I want via Preware. Major props to the webOS Internals crew! Already sent my donation last night!!

    --
    Michael
  9. #2229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Not soo much luck on my side getting profile to show 2.1.0, tried a fresh install of the latest git download for a sprint pre and still see 9.9.9 in profile. Soon as I create the profile i'm going in and checking and it says 9.9.9 with the latest scripts. I'm doctoring to 1.4.5 right now then i'm going to try another doctor of 2.1 see if that makes a difference. Using all new profiles btw.
    If anyone cares :-p

    Doing a fresh doctor to 1.4.5, then to the new 2.1 for sprint. Finally says 2.1 in the profile.
  10. #2230  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Alright, I'm about to do this.

    I'll still be able to use CDMA afterwards right? This is my main phone..
    I can't guarantee that, only because this Verizon phone I have is not active on any account. All I know is that it shows Verizon Wireless in the corner and it shows signal bars.

    PS - I just tried making a call and I get a recording from Verizon Wireless, so I think that means it works.
  11. #2231  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    I can't guarantee that, only because this Verizon phone I have is not active on any account. All I know is that it shows Verizon Wireless in the corner and it shows signal bars.
    That's enough for me to be crazy enough to try this!!! New doctor is at 42%.. if this works, I'm going to put on my speedo and run down the street flailing my arms obnoxiously..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  12. #2232  
    Well, I'll be DAMNED! IT WORKS.

    OmFg! Craziness!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  13. #2233  
    just wanted to post my success story: I used the new script with my verizon pre plus, and everything worked flawlessly: no need for "step 5." all verizon carrier apps work fine, but I was unable to test vznav, since I do not have a subscription either (sorry ed). The only issue I can see is the 1.40.50 profile showing up on palm's server, but you smart guys already know about that. If my homebrew heros want me to try something, as an owner with VZ service, let me know. Thanks again Rod, Ed, and the many others!
  14. #2234  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Well, I'll be DAMNED! IT WORKS.

    OmFg! Craziness!
    Could you clarify on the steps you took?
    Was this wifi activation at firstuse, and that makes the difference, or only because of RWCASH's suggestions?
  15. #2235  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr dave is a nerd View Post
    just wanted to post my success story: I used the new script with my verizon pre plus, and everything worked flawlessly: no need for "step 5." all verizon carrier apps work fine, but I was unable to test vznav, since I do not have a subscription either (sorry ed). The only issue I can see is the 1.40.50 profile showing up on palm's server, but you smart guys already know about that. If my homebrew heros want me to try something, as an owner with VZ service, let me know. Thanks again Rod, Ed, and the many others!
    I've got 2.1.0 on my profile for VZW pre plus.. I did this by downloading rwcash's new test script, commenting out INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES in makefile, and copying my wifi profile from the phone to the meta-doctor/config directory:
    Code:
    If your phone is running with WiFi working and in Dev mode, you can use:
    
    novacom get "file:///var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl" > com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    
    Make a config directory under the meta-doctor directory.  Then move the com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl file into it.
    I have service and everything.. my profile is 2.1.0.. vznav is installed and mobile hotspot.. I've got full access to 2.x apps in the app catalog.. device info shows 2.1.0..

    EVERYTHING'S PERFECT MANNN!!!!

    You need to have wifi access to be able to do this..
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/04/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  16. Gunnole's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #2236  
    fxspec06 - Is it a new profile, or will it work with an existing one?
  17. #2237  
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNole View Post
    fxspec06 - Is it a new profile, or will it work with an existing one?
    This is my one and only profile.. I can't confirm that this will work without disabling the backups, because I had just re-doctored beforehand.. but you shouldn't have to delete your backups, I actually recommend not deleting them.. and testing.. because there was one report that everything was restored moving from 1.40.50 profile (on 2.1.0) to the new version 2.1.0 profile, including texts, contacts, and accounts, launcher pages, etc etc etc.....
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  18. #2238  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In 1.4.5, it sends a command to the provisioner over dbus.

    In 2.x, dbus is no longer supported by the OS (it is replaced by ls2) and the provisioner executable from 1.4.5 will not execute.

    -- Rod
    Furthermore, even if you adapt the 1.4.5 provisioner to start using ls2, and resolve all the library dependencies from the old "provisioner" binary, it just doesn't seem to work. It runs, and fails with the same error code (1012? I forget) every single time.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  19. #2239  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Well, I'll be DAMNED! IT WORKS.
    Send photos of you in your speedo. Put video up on YouTube.

    Max
  20. #2240  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    This is something I'd be interested in knowing - I keep my contacts in my Palm profile instead of Google. While I can easily export my contacts via the ##66626# method, I'm unaware of a way to import them back in should I have to wipe my profile to go to 2.1.
    You can also export contacts using a patch that allows you to create a Vcard file and email it. Then later you can send the vcard file to your phone either via usb or open the email and download it. Either way when you open the vcard you get the option to import all of the contacts in it.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...via-email.html

Posting Permissions