Page 111 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #2201  
    Can someone please help me out?

    I have followed the wiki step by step but when the doctor starts to run and i connect my pre its says unable to connect to novacomd - is it running? How do i fix this and what am i doing wrong? I used WUBI to run ubuntu and am doctoring a pre plus on verizon. Any help is appreciated.
  2.    #2202  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Has anyone tried just putting the exact truth in the palm-build-info file?

    That would be the 1st line from the 2.1 dr, 2nd line from the vzw 1.4.5 dr, and then the 3rd, 4th and 5th lines from the 2.1 dr again.

    like so:
    Code:
    head -n 1 build/${W210_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} >  ./${BLD_INFO}
    head -n 2 build/${W145_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} | tail -n 1 >>  ./${BLD_INFO}
    tail -n 3 build/${W210_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} >> ./${BLD_INFO}
    I know, my crazy idea, I ought to try it. I won't. Call me chicken.

    edit: I'm off to bed... let me know if I completely screwed somebody's profile in the morning
    You would want to keep lines 2 and 3 together. I don't believe lines 4 and 5 are actually used by anything.

    See lines 212 to 229 in /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.deviceprofile/handlers/DeviceProfileCommandAssistant.jsjsjs $for$ $details$.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #2203  
    Can we try the P100UEU WR device users previously (6 days ago) Meta-Doctored with meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 and successful result of device version 2.1.0 and profile version 1.40.50 in old profile, anything to achieve profile version 2.1.0?
    Can I try to reMeta-Doctor with meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 or are you a cunning plan to make the same changes that you made for Sprint in meta-wr-pre-2.1.0?
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  4.    #2204  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Can we try the P100UEU WR device users previously (6 days ago) Meta-Doctored with meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 and successful result of device version 2.1.0 and profile version 1.40.50 in old profile, anything to achieve profile version 2.1.0?
    Can I try to reMeta-Doctor with meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 or are you a cunning plan to make the same changes that you made for Sprint in meta-wr-pre-2.1.0?
    If you want to try for 2.1.0 profile version, use the meta-o2- scripts first. If they don't work, then you cannot get a 2.1.0 profile version on that device at this time.

    -- Rod
  5. #2205  
    Hello,
    On Tuesday I decided to install webOS 2.1 on my Movistar Palm Pre unlocked via NEXTGENSERVER.
    First of all I want to congratulate everyone who has made it possible to carry webOS 2.1 to all devices. Rwhitby and Jason especially congratulate and the immense
    work they have done and done. And all that from this thread are solutions to
    problems that we find the rest of us.

    On Tuesday I started the process. Thanks also to malpha for her video.
    In my laptop I have installed ubuntu desktop edition 10.10 and windows XP Home Edition.
    I followed the steps weob-os internals and run the following script:

    ./scripts/meta-O2-pre-2.1.0

    Once created, the doctor webos, cancel the installation process.
    On Wednesday run webosdoctor and the installation was correct.
    I connect with my 3G connection to my profile and I recovered palm
    all installed applications from the Palm App. In my profile, in my pre and in all the apps the version was 2.1.

    Install via WOSQI, Preware.
    Modify CompCache permanently
    Flash installed on Thursday by the signs of Jason, thanks again.
    And flash works on my pre.
    Now I just hope you get UberKernel.

    I have some doubts about the whole process. I do not know if it's because I have followed the process
    the facility is not adequate.

    When I run the app store I just listed a few applications. Is this normal?

    When I run the app Preware with the palm-catalog-feed, Preware feeds seem to load but stops
    with complete screen and does not leave there. Is this normal?

    Thanks again for all the work done. UberKernel'm waiting.

    Apasiau,
    Lluisinho
    P.S.: Sorry with my english...
    Last edited by lluisinho; 03/04/2011 at 03:56 AM.
  6. #2206  
    if you did have a sprint provisioner file that could possibly work does it need to be included in the original dr? or can you install it afterwards and get it to work?
    thanks
  7. #2207  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks01 View Post
    Can someone please help me out?

    I have followed the wiki step by step but when the doctor starts to run and i connect my pre its says unable to connect to novacomd - is it running? How do i fix this and what am i doing wrong? I used WUBI to run ubuntu and am doctoring a pre plus on verizon. Any help is appreciated.
    i have a post on pg 104 that might help.
  8. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #2208  
    Code:
                  > build/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/palmbu
    ildinfo.md5sums
    /bin/sh: ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: Permiss
    ion denied
    make[1]: *** [build/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0/.patched] Error 126
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Bradley/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Using Cygwin -- any ideas what's going wrong here? I am trying to wifi only and 2.1 a VZ Pre+
  9.    #2209  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    if you did have a sprint provisioner file that could possibly work does it need to be included in the original dr? or can you install it afterwards and get it to work?
    thanks
    Since there is no such file available in the webOS 1.4.5 Sprint doctor, and there are no other releases of sprint doctors that meet the criteria for discussion in this thread, that question cannot be answered in this thread.

    -- Rod
  10. #2210  
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Code:
    /bin/sh: ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: Permission denied
    Using Cygwin -- any ideas what's going wrong here?
    Your Cygwin installation seems botched. Are you sure you correctly installed Cygwin with all prerequisites, in this case especially python?

    Max
  11. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #2211  
    I thought I did, but I suppose I can always try again.
  12. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #2212  
    In 1.4.5, when i click on the update prl button, is it simply starting the provision service, or is sending actually sending an update command to that service?
  13.    #2213  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    In 1.4.5, when i click on the update prl button, is it simply starting the provision service, or is sending actually sending an update command to that service?
    In 1.4.5, it sends a command to the provisioner over dbus.

    In 2.x, dbus is no longer supported by the OS (it is replaced by ls2) and the provisioner executable from 1.4.5 will not execute.

    -- Rod
  14. Gunnole's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #2214  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Do we still need to delete the profile 1.4.5 backup before upgrading? I have read through all 56 pages and I might have missed that detail... It was that way as of yesterday but it seems that there have been some break through today and maybe that is not necessary?


    I have also read the WIKI but I am not sure if its up to date...
    I tried without deleting the backups from 1.4.5 and it did not work. I could not sign in on the new phone.
  15. #2215  
    Hey Rod. I think there's a problem with the current VZW script. I ran it last night, the most up to date version.. and while it does remove step 5, it shows 2.0.1 in device info and not 2.1.0.

    This has been screwing with Preware until I just noticed it. It's not a big deal for me because I can just copy over the correct one.. but I just thought I'd let you know.

    EDIT: It just occured to me that this may be on purpose. But because of that I was unable to install UberKernel or the Palm Recovery Kernel (due to not being compatible with this version of the OS)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  16. Gunnole's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #2216  
    I ran the VZW script last night and the device info app shows HP webOS 2.1.0 for me.
  17.    #2217  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey Rod. I think there's a problem with the current VZW script. I ran it last night, the most up to date version.. and while it does remove step 5, it shows 2.0.1 in device info and not 2.1.0.

    This has been screwing with Preware until I just noticed it. It's not a big deal for me because I can just copy over the correct one.. but I just thought I'd let you know.

    EDIT: It just occured to me that this may be on purpose. But because of that I was unable to install UberKernel or the Palm Recovery Kernel (due to not being compatible with this version of the OS)
    The script is correct.

    Make sure you have not manually edited any files in the build directory, or 'make clobber' before starting the procedure if you have.

    -- Rod
  18. #2218  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The script is correct.

    Make sure you have not manually edited any files in the build directory, or 'make clobber' before starting the procedure if you have.

    -- Rod
    Alright, I have to re-build again because somehow my device info says Dr. Skipped First Use. I must've screwed with something and forgot about it. >.<
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  19. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #2219  
    I have seen a few posts say they had 1.4.5 show for the version number after using Cygwin with the new scripts. Has anybody had success using Cygwin on Sprint going from 2.1 with the old script to 2.1 with the new script?
  20.    #2220  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I have seen a few posts say they had 1.4.5 show for the version number after using Cygwin with the new scripts. Has anybody had success using Cygwin on Sprint going from 2.1 with the old script to 2.1 with the new script?
    Anyone reporting that should check the contents of the /etc/palm-build-info file that a cygwin execution creates. I do all my development on Linux or MacOSX.

    -- Rod

Posting Permissions