Page 110 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    not sure what that means... but i reran the script in ubuntu instead of cygwin and it worked this time
    Went from my previous 2.1.0 straight to the new 2.1.0 script, both Device Info and Palm Profile say 2.1.0. Amazing! I didn't delete my backups before doctoring and everything came back okay even though the previous way set your profile at 1.4.5, just my experience, though.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    **Moderator Note**

Personal attacks will not be tolerated in the forums. Please keep posts on-topic. Any further arguing posts will be deleted and members will receive Infractions. Please keep the posts polite and on-topic. If you cannot follow the forum rules Rod posted, please move to another thread. Thank you!
  4.    #2184  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Went from my previous 2.1.0 straight to the new 2.1.0 script, both Device Info and Palm Profile say 2.1.0. Amazing! I didn't delete my backups before doctoring and everything came back okay even though the previous way set your profile at 1.4.5, just my experience, though.
    Good stuff. So, we can remove a couple of minutes of step 5 from the videos?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well, I can't edit it on the Youtube site, so I can either put a large, black note up during that part with info about the new way and how this step is no longer needed or edit it on my own computer and put a new link up.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6.    #2186  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, I can't edit it on the Youtube site, so I can either put a large, black note up during that part with info about the new way and how this step is no longer needed or edit it on my own computer and put a new link up.
    Maybe do a Monty Python style "Intermission" overlay ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    tried installing again through cygwin and it did the same thing where it said my profile was 1.4.5 not sure what it's about, but thought it might be of use for future reference or something
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Just thought I would report.. Just Doctored with the new sprint script. Phone came up as 2.1.0, and I have access to 2.0 apps in the catalog. Thanks!
    Not soo much luck on my side getting profile to show 2.1.0, tried a fresh install of the latest git download for a sprint pre and still see 9.9.9 in profile. Soon as I create the profile i'm going in and checking and it says 9.9.9 with the latest scripts. I'm doctoring to 1.4.5 right now then i'm going to try another doctor of 2.1 see if that makes a difference. Using all new profiles btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    It doesn't try to install novacom. The computer makes the sound that it got it it even comes up found new hardware found but then the phone starts normally not usb mode
    sometimes you need to restart novacomd after you plug in the phone

if you're in windows you can do it in services.msc, or just do it from a command prompt - "net stop novacomd" and "net start novacomd" - just be quick about it.
    Okay, so I put up a box from about 2:00 to 4:00 that tells people not to listen and skip ahead to the 4:00 mark because the process has changed so that this step is not required. I would have scrubbed the audio during that time as well, but I couldn't.

I wrote that the 2.1.0 Palm Profiles were on Sprint and O2 devices only, however, the masquerade step would be automatically performed for everyone else so they wouldn't have to do it themselves anymore.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Count me as another one running 2.1 on Sprint for the last couple weeks off an early script who tried out the new Sprint script tonight. Did not turn off backups, and logged into my profile perfectly! In fact, it even restored all of my SMS messages from the last 2 weeks as well as my launcher pages and names! The apps themselves went all on one page but at least I got all my saved page names in order.. the best part is seeing 2.x apps now in the catalog! And of course the easter egg penguin boot logo Thank so much webosinternals!
    I can vouch that the Sprint test script works great. I've now done it twice (once on a backup Palm Profile, and now on my primary one) and it's worked perfectly both times. It gives full access to the app catalogue, including 2.0 specific apps like Music Player Remix. It also shows in both device info and my Palm profile that I'm running 2.1.0.
    I am allowed to ask what the secret is that lets Sprint users get a 2.1.0 profile, and why it can't work for Verizon users? If it's been said and I missed it, I apologize.
  15.    #2195  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I am allowed to ask what the secret is that lets Sprint users get a 2.1.0 profile, and why it can't work for Verizon users? If it's been said and I missed it, I apologize.
    We don't yet know why the new technique is not as successful on Verizon as it is on Sprint. The obvious answer is that it must be handled differently at Palm's end.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Do we still need to delete the profile 1.4.5 backup before upgrading? I have read through all 56 pages and I might have missed that detail... It was that way as of yesterday but it seems that there have been some break through today and maybe that is not necessary?

I have also read the WIKI but I am not sure if its up to date...
  17.    #2197  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Do we still need to delete the profile 1.4.5 backup before upgrading? I have read through all 56 pages and I might have missed that detail... It was that way as of yesterday but it seems that there have been some break through today and maybe that is not necessary?
    I do not have a good view of exactly when that is needed and when it is not.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Maybe do a Monty Python style "Intermission" overlay ?

-- Rod
    LOL!!! sorry that is just too funny. Rod you're a funny dude...
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I do not have a good view of exactly when that is needed and when it is not.

-- Rod
    it sounds to me that it needed when coming from 1.4.5 to 2.x....that is still the concendus that I am seeing......
    We don't yet know why the new technique is not as successful on Verizon as it is on Sprint. The obvious answer is that it must be handled differently at Palm's end.
    Has anyone tried just putting the exact truth in the palm-build-info file?

That would be the 1st line from the 2.1 dr, 2nd line from the vzw 1.4.5 dr, and then the 3rd, 4th and 5th lines from the 2.1 dr again.

like so:
    Code:
    head -n 1 build/${W210_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} >  ./${BLD_INFO}
    head -n 2 build/${W145_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} | tail -n 1 >>  ./${BLD_INFO}
    tail -n 3 build/${W210_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} >> ./${BLD_INFO}
    I know, my crazy idea, I ought to try it. I won't. Call me chicken.

edit: I'm off to bed... let me know if I completely screwed somebody's profile in the morning