Page 11 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Sweet i love the blazing progress that is going on right now. Amazing to watch. keep up the good work guys.
    Also, there is no facebook chat, unless I'm missing something. I was sure this was going to be available? Probably gonna have to wait for the re-release. GRRRRRR

BTW I thought I'd also comment about the speed. It's pretty darned zippy. It's not as fast as the OC, but like everyone else is saying it's faster than stock 1.4.5. By far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    I'm kinda out of commission for the next couple minutes and can't check; I'm flashing more than your creepy uncle.
    Doubt it. He's doing 75 years in Federal prison.
    If flash was never planned for the 2.1 for Pre Plus then i really wonder why no native pre webosdoctor is released.

Hope someone can post here right away when the fixed doctor is available, also hope that a UberKernel gets ported soon

PS: any youtube video available yet of a pre- running 2.1?
    From palms website

webOS 2.1

Version Information New applications Functional changes in existing applications
    Version Information

Release Date: 21 February 2011
    For Vodafone Germany only
    On this website you will find out whether your device is a suitable webOS 2 Update for - palm.com / webos-info
    HP webOS Update 2.1.0: What's new? What has changed? (PDF 1.4MB)
    New applications

Accounts
    Application icon:

You can use the application "accounts" as a central location for setting up and managing online accounts.
    You can choose from a list of popular online accounts.
    Tap "Accounts" on more to other accounts in the app catalog view and download from there, with those contacts, calendar, e-mail or messaging data is synchronized.
    Use the application "accounts" in order for any application that is associated with an account to enable synchronization on or off. To enable synchronization of your Google or Exchange account for contacts, calendar, e-mail or messaging or disable individually.
    Presentation Mode
    Application icon:

In presentation mode you can access specific applications that optimize the use of the smartphone, while HP is in a Touchstone Energy Station. Applications include "Time" (Clock application), "Photos" (photo slideshow) and "Agenda" (Agenda view).
    The presentation mode is started automatically when you use your smartphone into a Touchstone Energy Station. If your phone is not in a charging station, you can activate the presentation mode on the start screen manually.
    Gesture instructions
    Application icon:

The gesture instructions you have an interactive, hands-on guide, you learn the common webOS gestures such as tapping, back-up and leaves. Now you can use the Home screen at any time to access the instructions.
    Quickoffice software for the mobile office
    Application icon:

The Quickoffice software for the mobile office, you can view Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files that you copy from your computer or received as email attachments on your smartphone. You may also account settings for an online collaboration tool such as Google Docs or drop box, and view files of such an account in the Quick Office application.
    SIM Toolkit
    Application icon:

The new SIM toolkit gives you access to your carrier services such as account information, payments, and news.
    Note
    If the application icon for the SIM Toolkit on the startup screen is not, by your wireless provider does not support this application.

Software Manager
    Application icon:

With the application "Software Manager" you have a central place where you can update and delete all the applications that you download from App Catalog. "Software Manager" replaces the "My Applications", where in previous versions of App Catalog.
    For downloaded applications that support the notification feature, you get a notification when an update is available.
    Text Alerts
    Application icon:

The "Text Wizard provides automatic correction of spelling competitions of abbreviations (in English, for example," r "to" are "), auto-capitalization, and an editable dictionary. With the application of "Text Wizard" you can call functions from the Text Wizard to customize all.
    Voice-activated telephone dialing
    Application icon:

By launching the application "language" numbers of contacts you can use your voice to select the. Voice dialing by pressing and holding the even volume control started at any time, or by tapping and holdingon the soft keyboard of the phone.?
    VPN
    Application icon:

Support for IPsec-based versions of VPN or Cisco AnyConnect VPN is now directly on the application of "VPN" is available.
    You can either start on the screen or on the connection menu use "VPN access.
    Functional changes in existing applications

App Catalog
    With this version, the app to catalog feature a redesigned user interface.
    The improved search function to find selected applications seek fee-top applications, top-free applications and new applications. Even within categories and subcategories, you can search and navigate.
    The screen "My Applications" in App Catalog, where all of your downloaded applications have been listed and which you could update and delete applications, has been replaced by the separate application "Software Manager".
    For downloaded applications that support the notification feature, you get a notification when an update is available.
    Data Backup
    The backed up in your Palm profile information now contains entries in the call history, SMS messages and chat messages. Note that MMS messages are not secured.
    Bluetooth
    This version adds support for Bluetooth keyboards.
    Calendar
    This version includes corrections to the calendar, introduced in System Release 2.0.
    Clock
    The application "Clock" features two new settings: You can specify whether alarms should be played with ascending volume and you can set an interval for alarms for new memories.
    If an alarm sounds, the screen now on, until you perform the alarm action.
    Contacts
    You can choose any contact as a favorite by clicking the screen to enter a contact on tap. Show off your favorite by contacts "open" and favorite type, or by telephone "open" andtap.
    All the contacts you designate as favorites will be top of the section for the contacts of the immediate editing search results on the screen. For more information, see the e-mail, messaging and telephony applications.
    When you sync Google contacts with birthday information, the birthday information is now in "contacts" is displayed on the smartphone.
    You can set a preference so that when you delete a message, a confirmation notice appears. If the setting is enabled, the confirmation is displayed when you throw a message on the side of the screen and you will be asked to confirm the deletion.
    You can use the item as read Mark all use to a folder as read to mark in all messages.
    If you start typing a contact name or e-mail address for a message to be displayed at the top of the list of search results favorites. For more information, visit the contact, messaging and telephony applications.
    Just start typing
    "Just start typing" the universal search extended in previous versions of webOS software. Over a field at the top of the map with the text "Just start typing ..." the search is placed prominently.
    With "Just start typing, you can type in the map or on the home screen, a keyword and then search the Internet, e-mail, Internet browser history and favorites, App Catalog and YouTube.
    About "Simply start typing, you can start a quick action. So, for example, a new e-mail or SMS compose, create a memo, a calendar appointment or task, or update your Facebook status.
    When entering search terms in the search results on the screen the field suggesting displayed. Tap proposing to view a list of Internet search terms that match closely with the characters entered. You can start an Internet search by selecting one of the proposals on tap.
    You can "Just start typing" option, by entering a keyword, scroll to the bottom of the window and run a settings type. Options include the search engine that is used by default, the applications that are searched, and the quick actions that can be executed.
    When you open a website and an additional search engine is available, you will be a notification stating that you can add the search engine. When you add the search engine, it is in "Just type" as an option.
    All the contacts you designate as favorites will be top of the Results section for the contacts of the immediate editing search results on the screen.
    Location-based Services
    In the location-based services, you can now choose whether location information will be passed on to sites that request it.
    Messaging
    You can instant message buddies (IM buddies) add directly to your phone by sending them to send a buddy request. You can also Buddy requests received and respond to this and remove buddies from your Buddy List.
    Messenger is now available as an Instant Messaging account for all mobile operators.
    If you start typing a contact name for a message are shown above in the list of search results favorites. For more information, visit the contact, e-mail and phone applications.
    Phone
    The Telephone application has the Favourites screen, through which you favorites add, remove, or call. View your Favorites, open the "Phone" andtap or "contacts" and open to Favorites tap.
    If you type to select a contact name, are shown above in the appropriate contacts favorites. For more information, visit the contact, e-mail and messaging applications.
    System
    In the map of related maps are now displayed in stacks. Tap and drag to combine cards into stacks and remove from stacks.
    From the home screen icons are now displayed for all applications, including applications in the Quick Launch.
    You can add as many new home screen pages, and delete any starting screen.
    Home screen pages have now registered. You can rename each of the starting side of the page by clicking the current name, tap and hold them.
    You can change the order of the Home screen pages to adapt the organization of your applications.
    Tasks
    In task lists, you can search for individual tasks by typing the name of the task.
    Web
    When you open a website and an additional search engine is available, you will be a notification stating that you can add the search engine. When you add the search engine, it is in "Just type" as an option.

WLAN
    As delivered, the WLAN function is enabled by default.
    The notification identified the captive portal will appear when you try to connect to a wireless access point make one for you special website (called a captive portal) a need to change before a connection is made to the Internet with. When captive portal you need to enter a user name and password or pay for the Internet session. Until you captive portal successfully the connection to the access point connect through, Smartphone uses a data connection to continue the wireless service provider to establish a connection to the Internet.
    Security

In this version includes a number of security problems webOS the HP software.

If you want any information about security problems palm, you see Keeping palm.com / security .
    I get "Data Not Restored" when I try to sign in. Is that normal? I'll create another palm profile if that's what it takes.

EDIT: new profile works, however it's stuck at the location services.

EDIT 2: got it! hurray!
    Last edited by jmurph05; 02/22/2011 at 02:12 PM.
  7. v3
    Pre Minus, O2 UK... meta-doctor'd using the appropriate command. Flashed successfully.

Will probably wait on the fixed file from O2 Germany before I bother with profiles etc but the update went without a problem.

EDIT: One question for now. I assume that when OTA updates start happening for 2.1.x us Pre Minus users will need to doctor our phones each time as the OTA updates wont work?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    If I could get flash working on my Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 I'd be happy
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    1) Built the metadoctor using a custom palm-build-info and the following makefile:
    Code:
    ########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ########################################

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP  = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS  = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1

DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE  = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK  = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK    = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE    = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE  = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION  = 2GB
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS    = 1

CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ijxBPLubywOIrQgWKSWQQwiYDcR4eXzXlGJjkdj8XzMwTDHpth8av ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV5 t8/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC/eQGGRWJfACgAAA==
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3POw7CMBCEYdecIicItrHjA9DT5AAoglXkAoOMeRwfAyU0SBCa/2tGWk0x2843Q85R8nrVL9tyLer7dNU5d08TvK5pF87qx/0pKGNscMbbLlilje+8UY3+wZYXp2MZctOoLOcol+0gu31615M0xiSSYxqnmDWV/lA/KrN/zwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfOgGNIYjgAAoAAA=
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=palm-build-info

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus" or "pre2".
    DEVICE = preplus

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = wr

######################################
    ## END OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ######################################
    2) Manually inserted the VZW firmware into the resulting jar and renamed the tar to match the empty cmda firmware tar already present.
    3) Replaced castle.xml with a modified version with the Sprint tokens.
    4) Replaced the HP bootlogo with the old Palm one

Still not 100% perfect since I don't have the Sprint apps packaged in yet, but definitely usable at this point.

I'm using a Sprint FrankenPre+, should this method work for mine as well? I don't see why it wouldn't since the tokens are still for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    I'm using a Sprint FrankenPre+, should this method work for mine as well? I don't see why it wouldn't since the tokens are still for Sprint.
    Yes, it will. I have essentially duplicated Leathal's work on my FrankenPre+, and it all just worked for me. I didn't log into my profile, but everything else was golden. I did not re-flash the tokens, since those don't get reflashed by MetaDoctor unless you specifically tell it to.

EDIT: You will need to download the Verizon Pre2 webOS Doctor and get the updated CDMA firmware from it. I used the "CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL" option in the "for Rod's Use Only" section of the Makefile.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Yes, it will. I have essentially duplicated Leathal's work on my FrankenPre+, and it all just worked for me. I didn't log into my profile, but everything else was golden. I did not re-flash the tokens, since those don't get reflashed by MetaDoctor unless you specifically tell it to.
    Excellent news. I will be back with results tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Well I've German O2 Palm Pre (not the pre plus) and flash will work if you install my packages, but it's not perfect. It's choppy and you can clearly see that we'll need an overclocked kernel soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I basically just followed all the instructions OP posted. It took me a while to get ubuntu running properly. I already had virtualbox installed. So I d/l'd linux installed that in virtual machine, followed the steps on meta-doctor wiki page. After that I had to enable folder sharing in virtualbox. This page was helpful:

VirtualBox: access Windows-host shared folders from Ubuntu-guest

After you set it all up, I used this command to build the doctor

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    Then I copied in linux the new doctor.jar file to the shared folder I set up earlier, and ran the doctor.jar in Windows. I had to turn off my Pre+, then plug it in to already connected usb cord, held volume+ until I saw lightning bolt. Then the doctor worked perfectly.

This took me practically all morning to set up.
    running make now...:crosses fingers:
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    See my EDIT of my original post. You do need to(?) get the updated modem firmware for CDMA modems if you haven't already.
    LOL 'touchstone energy station'?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Anybody have a feel for how this does on a Pre- (especially is it better or worse than 1.4.5)?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    and doctoring on vz pre+...
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Well, until you use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Anybody have a feel for how this does on a Pre- (especially is it better or worse than 1.4.5)?
    Well some sort of things as a menu or tabs are faster, but in a complete view it's slower...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    just installed angry birds seansons free
    plays well. smooth. absolutely no slowing downs.
    but needs OC as soon as posible )
    and scroll sensitivity patch to 8px