Page 108 of 217 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You do need to re-login at least, with the revised DMSETS and build info. For most people, the easiest path is to doctor, since a re-login will wipe your data and apps anyway.

-- Rod
    Had a feeling this would be the case. Is there any way of combining the meta-doctor scripts with the ability to back up the /media/cryptofs partition to prevent redownloading installed apps?
  2.    #2142  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Had a feeling this would be the case. Is there any way of combining the meta-doctor scripts with the ability to back up the /media/cryptofs partition to prevent redownloading installed apps?
    Nope. Continual doctoring is the price that early adopters of techniques being refined pay ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Nope. Continual doctoring is the price that early adopters of techniques being refined pay ...

-- Rod
    Yeah, fully aware of that, though like I said I was hoping otherwise.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    whats the name of the new sprint script
  5.    #2145  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, fully aware of that, though like I said I was hoping otherwise.
    You should learn how to auto-load your wifi profile so your apps reload over wifi instead. Doco is in the Makefile.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    You should learn how to auto-load your wifi profile so your apps reload over wifi instead. Doco is in the Makefile.
    My wifi has been having issues since I slipped on the ice and it went into the snow during the storm a few weeks back, and it doesn't get a signal more than a few feet away, which can be a slight issue with that. I'll take that into account though when I eventually use the new script, though I'll probably wait a few more weeks before that.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    While I can easily export my contacts via the ##66626# method, I'm unaware of a way to import them back in should I have to wipe my profile to go to 2.1.
    There is a free app called contact capture that looks like it could work for this...
    Sorry if I didn't explain myself enough I downloade cygwin got the meta doctor everything right run the script and everything was fine but I didn't had my phone on the moment so I just closed it today I got my sprint pre minus that I bought on ebay when I turn it on it comes the screen to make a profile and I can't make yet cause I haven't put on sprint I want to put on sprint only when it has 2.1 already on it so connected the phone and runned the webos doctor from meta doctor build folder and when I get to the point from install it just don't get my phone it says please connect your phone with usb I tried stop start novacom and took out battery unplugged plugged in put in battery everything while holding button on volume up but it still restarts the phone normally to profile options and my doctor still don't recognize it. My computer does recognize that I plugin something but not more. So what can I do? Another note when I connected it the first time it popped up a screen with which program the device should install and it didn't find nothing on my computer so it asked if it should search online but I said no
    Last edited by zalmy2; 03/03/2011 at 07:45 PM.
  9.    #2149  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Sorry if I didn't explain myself enough I downloade cygwin got the meta doctor everything right run the script and everything was fine but I didn't had my phone on the moment so I just closed it today I got my sprint pre minus that I bought on ebay when I turn it on it comes the screen to make a profile and I can't make yet cause I haven't put on sprint I want to put on sprint only when it has 2.1 already on it so connected the phone and runned the webos doctor from meta doctor build folder and when I get to the point from install it just don't get my phone it says please connect your phone with usb I tried stop start novacom and took out battery unplugged plugged in put in battery everything while holding button on volume up but it still restarts the phone normally to profile options and my doctor still don't recognize it. My computer does recognize that I plugin something but not more. So what can I do?
    I'm sorry, but I am simply unable to understand what you write.

-- Rod
    Sorry if I didn't explain myself enough I downloade cygwin got the meta doctor everything right run the script and everything was fine but I didn't had my phone on the moment so I just closed it today I got my sprint pre minus that I bought on ebay when I turn it on it comes the screen to make a profile and I can't make yet cause I haven't put on sprint I want to put on sprint only when it has 2.1 already on it so connected the phone and runned the webos doctor from meta doctor build folder and when I get to the point from install it just don't get my phone it says please connect your phone with usb I tried stop start novacom and took out battery unplugged plugged in put in battery everything while holding button on volume up but it still restarts the phone normally to profile options and my doctor still don't recognize it. My computer does recognize that I plugin something but not more. So what can I do?
    okay, I think I understand what you're asking. when you ran the meta-doctor from the build directory, you were unable to have your computer recognize the pre so it could start the imaging process. did your meta-doctor try to install a new version of novacom when you ran it?
    Last edited by Contradude; 03/03/2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: for what it's worth rod, I had to read it 3 times and I'm still unsure.
    Sorry if I didn't explain myself enough I downloade cygwin got the meta doctor everything right run the script and everything was fine but I didn't had my phone on the moment so I just closed it today I got my sprint pre minus that I bought on ebay when I turn it on it comes the screen to make a profile and I can't make yet cause I haven't put on sprint I want to put on sprint only when it has 2.1 already on it so connected the phone and runned the webos doctor from meta doctor build folder and when I get to the point from install it just don't get my phone it says please connect your phone with usb I tried stop start novacom and took out battery unplugged plugged in put in battery everything while holding button on volume up but it still restarts the phone normally to profile options and my doctor still don't recognize it. My computer does recognize that I plugin something but not more. So what can I do? Another note when I connected it the first time it popped up a screen with which program the device should install and it didn't find nothing on my computer so it asked if it should search online but I said no
    Ok, that's better maybe we can help. Obviously, you aren't getting your Pre connected to the computer. Also, it seems that you have novacom installed because it is in services. I'm not convinced you are putting your Pre into usb boot mode correctly. When you hold the volume up button and plug the phone in, do you hear the usb connecting sound from your computer and do you see a usb symbol on your phone screen?
    The test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 let me log into a Palm Profile as v1.40.50, but Device Info says 2.1.0.

Without masqing/unmasqing. Rod is like, cool or something. :-D
    i have been trying to try out the new script but when i try to doctor it i can not get past the connect your phone via usb screen, because i do not recieve a "next" button, tried restarting novacom, tried rebooting my phone and computer nothing is working the phone is connecting via usb. what is the name of the new sprint doctor supposed to be i am getting "webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar" which seems different than earlier doctors if i recall correctly...
  14.    #2154  
    All the current test scripts have been promoted to be the main scripts. There is no reason to think the att and bellmo scripts won't work like the verizon and telcel scripts.

There should no longer be a need to ever do Step 5.

I'll wait a day, and then remove it from the wikis.

(Step 5: There is no step 5)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    This is something I'd be interested in knowing - I keep my contacts in my Palm profile instead of Google. While I can easily export my contacts via the ##66626# method, I'm unaware of a way to import them back in should I have to wipe my profile to go to 2.1.

I'm also leery about the inability to update my PRL - do any of the non-Rod hackers who *can* futz with CDMA stuff have any clues about getting a working provisioner binary?
    you can import the contacts via the VCF file the export creates. If you mail it to your gmail and open it once you get the pre up and running. If you download and open the vcf file it opens the contact app and asks if you want to import them into your contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    The test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 let me log into a Palm Profile as v1.40.50, but Device Info says 2.1.0.

Without masqing/unmasqing. Rod is like, cool or something. :-D
    I think he added some code that copies over the unmasqed file on second boot of the phone.. which would be the 'required' boot after profile login.. it could obviously be a bit more complicated than that but yes Rod is like, kinda cool. Kinda magical, even.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

(Step 5: There is no step 5)

-- Rod
    Step 5: See step 6

Thanks for all you do!
    The new Sprint and Telcel scripts have been tested and have been promoted to replace the old scripts. Still waiting for tester reports for att, bellmo, and verizon.

-- Rod
    The Verizon test one made my profile all nines. I looked at what was done for the Sprint script, and I decided to try making a Verizon version doing the same thing. Seems the new Sprint script is much simpler. As a result, this Verizon script doesn't even need the 1.4.5 doctor at all.

For me it actually made my profile 2.1.0 on the Palm Profile site! Wow!

I've attached it, with a .txt extension. This is my attempt to make a Verizon script close to the Sprint. I have no idea what the complicated options I removed were for, so they may have been important. My Verizon phone is my spare so I only use WiFi. Perhaps someone with more experience should check what I've done before anyone else tries it.

++++

I'm so slow, while writing this, the Verizon script was promoted. Oh well, maybe I didn't need to do my version. I'm posting my results anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Hey guys with the new sprint test script how do i get rid of all the sprint apps...the only one i want is sprint nav which hasn't been solved yet lol
    I wrote up a little walkthrough for installing sprint nav, but you will have to find the necessary file...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-2-1-0-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
    The Verizon test one made my profile all nines. I looked at what was done for the Sprint script, and I decided to try making a Verizon version doing the same thing. Seems the new Sprint script is much simpler. As a result, this Verizon script doesn't even need the 1.4.5 doctor at all.

For me it actually made my profile 2.1.0 on the Palm Profile site! Wow!

I've attached it, with a .txt extension. This is my attempt to make a Verizon script close to the Sprint. I have no idea what the complicated options I removed were for, so they may have been important. My Verizon phone is my spare so I only use WiFi. Perhaps someone with more experience should check what I've done before anyone else tries it.

++++

I'm so slow, while writing this, the Verizon script was promoted. Oh well, maybe I didn't need to do my version. I'm posting my results anyway.
    I think you just gave me a reason to stay up a little later than usual tonight.

Testing now, will report back in a few mins..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06