Page 107 of 217 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Thanks!
    But the manual input did not work when i first used my phone (1.4.2) and when I doctored it to 1.4.5. But anyway, I'm having trouble with sharing the new doctor from my ubuntu (virtual box) to my windows 7 host OS. Worst case: I borrow someone elses sim card, tomorrow(or today since it is 00:50 tommorow here i Norway), np!

Thanks again. Expect a donation tomorrow
    I'm looking to Plus my Pre. I am running 2.1 on my Pre- so I'm familiar with the process. However, there IS a script for the FrankenPre+s correct? And will this script combine the Sprint tokens and whatever else needed? To make things short, can I swap boards, run the script and reasonably expect to be able to flash? Or is it more complicated for these FrankenPres than just a script?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  3.    #2123  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    I'm looking to Plus my Pre. I am running 2.1 on my Pre- so I'm familiar with the process. However, there IS a script for the FrankenPre+s correct? And will this script combine the Sprint tokens and whatever else needed? To make things short, can I swap boards, run the script and reasonably expect to be able to flash? Or is it more complicated for these FrankenPres than just a script?
    You will need to describe precisely the hardware and carrier configuration of your device, since "FrankenPre" is an overloaded term.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You will need to describe precisely the hardware and carrier configuration of your device, since "FrankenPre" is an overloaded term.

-- Rod
    My apologies Rod, I am talking about combining a Verizon Pre Plus with a Sprint Pre Minus. To create a Sprint Pre Plus.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  5.    #2125  
    My apologies Rod, I am talking about combining a Verizon Pre Plus with a Sprint Pre Minus. To create a Sprint Pre Plus.
    What model and carrier is reported in Device Info ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    What model and carrier is reported in Device Info ?

-- Rod
    The Sprint Pre- reports P100EWW with Sprint as carrier. I cannot access the Verizon Plus as it is not activated.

Edit: the Verizon Plus is a P101EWW model.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  7.    #2127  
    The Sprint Pre- reports P100EWW with Sprint as carrier. I cannot access the Verizon Plus as it is not activated.

Edit: the Verizon Plus is a P101EWW model.
    Oh, I see. You haven't done the hardware part yet.

Do the hardware part using 1.4.5 first, and then come back and answer the same questions again

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    [...] Virtual Box running Ubuntu [...]

tar: ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz: Wrote only 3584 of 10240 bytes
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 2
    Could it be that your Ubuntu/Virtualbox disk space is full? Unpacking three doctors uses a lot of space, and perhaps when building the new doctor it just ran out of disk space to write.

Max
    Oh, I see. You haven't done the hardware part yet.

Do the hardware part using 1.4.5 first, and then come back and answer the same questions again

-- Rod
    follow the directions with tokens and everything for 1.4.5 then come back here?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Confirming the test script worked on my spare sprint wifi only pre. It shows it as hp webos 2.1 in device info. If I can get sprint navigation etc on I'll surely upgrade my main phone too. I can't live without that. Good work!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    follow the directions with tokens and everything for 1.4.5 then come back here?
    There's a whole set of different instructions to follow to get your Pre converted to Pre Plus and working correctly on webOS 1.4.5.

Once you are up and running with no issues, then follow the wiki to upgrade your Pre Plus to 2.1.0

Comeback here should you encouter any issues with 2.1.0 upgrade but please make sure you follow all the instructions and you don't skip anything.

Have fun!!!
    got it, I shall report back soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Hey guys with the new sprint test script how do i get rid of all the sprint apps...the only one i want is sprint nav which hasn't been solved yet lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Hey guys with the new sprint test script how do i get rid of all the sprint apps...the only one i want is sprint nav which hasn't been solved yet lol
    Get the patch to hide them.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Get the patch to hide them.
    thats just it i dont want to hide them i want to get rid of them completly....i remember ed saying to delete some ipk lines in the script for some guys verison script but idk what to delete in my script. Also i cant seem to get the sprint est script im in the scripts directory and i did git pull and it says its up to date but its not there...the att and verison test scripts are there tho =[
  16.    #2136  
    The new Sprint and Telcel scripts have been tested and have been promoted to replace the old scripts. Still waiting for tester reports for att, bellmo, and verizon.

-- Rod
    connect to computer
    Code:
    palm-install -l
    this lists installed applications
    find the one you want to remove
    Code:
    palm-install -r com.palm.app.whatevertheappishere
    all in cmd
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    The new Sprint and Telcel scripts have been tested and have been promoted to replace the old scripts. Still waiting for tester reports for att, bellmo, and verizon.

-- Rod
    is this why i dont have the sprint test script because now its under "new-meta-sprint..."?

-- Rod
    So there is a new Verizon script that has not yet been tested?

Is this script supposed to show 2.1.0 on palm website?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

20.    #2140  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    So there is a new Verizon script that has not yet been tested?

Is this script supposed to show 2.1.0 on palm website?
    No. It just removes the need for step 5.

-- Rod