Page 106 of 217 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Aside from this awesome script skipping Step 5; are ou aware of anyone running this Sprint script without performing Step 2 from the wiki?
    Does the new goodness alter that step in any way?
    This is something I'd be interested in knowing - I keep my contacts in my Palm profile instead of Google. While I can easily export my contacts via the ##66626# method, I'm unaware of a way to import them back in should I have to wipe my profile to go to 2.1.

I'm also leery about the inability to update my PRL - do any of the non-Rod hackers who *can* futz with CDMA stuff have any clues about getting a working provisioner binary?
    I've been debating doing the 2.1.0 update on my Sprint Pre, but how much of an impact will not being able to update the PRL and network settings be?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I've been debating doing the 2.1.0 update on my Sprint Pre, but how much of an impact will not being able to update the PRL and network settings be?
    As I understand it, it can affect your ability to "travel" a little, as you won't have the up-to-date tower lists and potentially have problems getting a signal in places you perhaps shouldn't. You'd be stuck on the PRL that was current when Sprint signed off on the 1.4.5 Sprint Doctor.
  4.    #2104  
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post
    Because the att pre+ --wifi-only does not seem to work out of the box(if you check out the link i posted.
    (I am very grateful for webOS internals work)

EDIT: This one http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2890907

"modified the script to remove DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE=1 and redoctored..all appears well at this stage "
    Why are you running --wifi-only on a device on which you want to use cellular service?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I still can get the webOS doctor to recognize my phone. What should I do??
    confirmed:

- 2.1 showing in Palm Profile
    - 2.x only apps (Voice Memos) showing in app catalog
    - Just purchased/installed Voice Memos (this part didn't work earlier today)
    - extremely happy user
    Because I thought I could use it to log in to my palm profile using wifi(the carriernetworksettings database does not cover my norwegian carrier).
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    This is something I'd be interested in knowing - I keep my contacts in my Palm profile instead of Google. While I can easily export my contacts via the ##66626# method, I'm unaware of a way to import them back in should I have to wipe my profile to go to 2.1.

I'm also leery about the inability to update my PRL - do any of the non-Rod hackers who *can* futz with CDMA stuff have any clues about getting a working provisioner binary?
    You can use Internalz to export the database or whatever you need from you phone, and then use webOS QI to 'Send File' to the phone after upgrade.

However, becareful because the webOS 2.1.0 database and files maybe not be compatible with webOS 1.4.5
    Finally Completed!
    Heading over to donate. Thank you for your efforts!
  10.    #2110  
    Because I thought I could use it to log in to my palm profile using wifi(the carriernetworksettings database does not cover my norwegian carrier).
    Ah, there is an additional carriers feature in meta-doctor for this now. Check the Makefile for doco.

Alternatively, preload your wifi profile and don't use --wifi-only (which really means wifi *only*).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12.    #2112  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    You can use Internalz to export the database or whatever you need from you phone, and then use webOS QI to 'Send File' to the phone after upgrade.

However, becareful because the webOS 2.1.0 database and files maybe not be compatible with webOS 1.4.5
    2.x PIM data storage is completely different from 1.4.x

Use Impostah to explore it. It's in DB8. Don't try and copy databases, it won't work.

-- Rod
    Oh, wow, I stop reading this thread for like 8 hours and now Sprint users have access to 2.1.0 app catalog? =O Jeezz maaaaan!

I really didn't wanna re-doctor my VZW .. but it looks like I'm gonna have to if I want 2.1.0 .. hopefully it'll be the last time .. sooo excited once again .. THANKS ROD!!

And good luck Ed on testing that VZW script! I'll be checking now and I'll test it when it's ready... looking forward to it!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

14.    #2114  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you read the Smart Questions link in the first post, you may find out how to provide enough information about your situation to enable someone to help.

A one line "Please help me" does not cut it. Neither does a disparate thread of many small posts none of which contain everything that constitutes a smart question.

If all that is too hard, please wait for WebOS World to offer this as a service.

-- Rod
  15.    #2115  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Oh, wow, I stop reading this thread for like 8 hours and now Sprint users have access to 2.1.0 app catalog? =O Jeezz maaaaan!

I really didn't wanna re-doctor my VZW .. but it looks like I'm gonna have to if I want 2.1.0 .. hopefully it'll be the last time .. sooo excited once again .. THANKS ROD!!

And good luck Ed on testing that VZW script! I'll be checking now and I'll test it when it's ready... looking forward to it!
    Be aware that the first test of the same technique on VZW was not successful.

-- Rod
    re: 2.1 in Palm Profile / App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Rod, is this something we are absolutely going to have to re-doctor to get?
    I'd love to know an answer to this as well.

I tried looking at the script but couldn't really figure out what was different.

And yes, I know this stuff is all for testing only right now and we should expect to have to doctor at any time, but the more times I have to download 5-6GB worth of apps the more Sprint is going to get angry at me.
  17.    #2117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Rod, is this something we are absolutely going to have to re-doctor to get?
    You do need to re-login at least, with the revised DMSETS and build info. For most people, the easiest path is to doctor, since a re-login will wipe your data and apps anyway.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Be aware that the first test of the same technique on VZW was not successful.

-- Rod
    I'll keep that in mind. UberKernel will make doctoring quite a bit less painful this time around ..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Because the att pre+ --wifi-only does not seem to work out of the box(if you check out the link i posted.
    (I am very grateful for webOS internals work)

EDIT: This one http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2890907

"modified the script to remove DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE=1 and redoctored..all appears well at this stage "
    I read a number of posts back that the manual input of carrier data setting is working in 2.1 (at least on the German OS Pre-) so just go ahead and run the "stock" ATT script. When the phone finds, or rather doesn't find, any data connections it will provide you with the option to enter this manually.
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  20.    #2120  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    I read a number of posts back that the manual input of carrier data setting is working in 2.1 (at least on the German OS Pre-) so just go ahead and run the "stock" ATT script. When the phone finds, or rather doesn't find, any data connections it will provide you with the option to enter this manually.
    That is also correct. I do this for one of the carriers in Australia which needs a custom APN entered.

-- Rod